Skyrim

Sulrn

Deuces
Never understood let's play videos. I'd rather people take the ~8 hours they produce and turn it into a 5 minute clip of the highlights like what Robbaz does.

Anyway, if you're going to go for a challenging LP you should play a female and get the mod where when NPCs defeat you they get rapey.
Am I a bad person for wanting to see if that works on female bandits from the PC perspective? I want to play an Imp legionnaire and rape any wench that dares to draw a dagger on me.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Am I a bad person for wanting to see if that works on female bandits from the PC perspective? I want to play an Imp legionnaire and rape any wench that dares to draw a dagger on me.
Google adult skyrim mods and you will see shit you should feel bad about. Japan.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Reminds me of a few years ago when I saw pics from an Oblivion total conversion done by some Jap. Basically it turned Oblivion into an anime hentai game with practically nothing but lolis running around half nude. Was... disturbing... :S

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I have a question, regarding mods..

I bought the legendary edition of skyrim on the last steam sale, got some mods for it, however, I think I ended up being greedy and downloaded one too many, and now it crashes left and right.

I have installed lots of graphical ones, and replacement textures and the likes. None of the "bad" mods listed here though. Don't think I have a single one listed as adult, unless any of the skin ones are. I don't really like the look of the original models.

That said, I have no idea where the problem lies now. I have even tried starting it as close to vanilla as I can by deselecting most of the mods, and it still crashes after a few minutes. I don't know what is wrong. Have also tried looking up various individual mods to see if their order of placement made a difference. Still crashes. Am I better of uinstalling and doing a fresh install than uninstalling one and one thing? Will deleting the game and reinstalling it get rid off all the mods, or are some of the patches/mods added into the registry as well? (I am horribad at modding things)

Dandain

Trakanon Raider

I bought the legendary edition of skyrim on the last steam sale, got some mods for it, however, I think I ended up being greedy and downloaded one too many, and now it crashes left and right.

I have installed lots of graphical ones, and replacement textures and the likes. None of the "bad" mods listed here though. Don't think I have a single one listed as adult, unless any of the skin ones are. I don't really like the look of the original models.

That said, I have no idea where the problem lies now. I have even tried starting it as close to vanilla as I can by deselecting most of the mods, and it still crashes after a few minutes. I don't know what is wrong. Have also tried looking up various individual mods to see if their order of placement made a difference. Still crashes. Am I better of uinstalling and doing a fresh install than uninstalling one and one thing? Will deleting the game and reinstalling it get rid off all the mods, or are some of the patches/mods added into the registry as well? (I am horribad at modding things)
Go to skyrim.nexusmods.com and use the nexus mod manager there. It streamlines mod installation and usage its just one button click and very convenient.

Sulrn

Deuces
It depends on how you installed the mods. Did you do it via Steam Workshop, file replacement, or a mod manager?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
It depends on how you installed the mods. Did you do it via Steam Workshop, file replacement, or a mod manager?
Probably might be part of the issue. I did some manually, some by the workshop, some by nexus and some directly by another mod manager of sorts.

I deleted the entire game, saves, and did a fresh install through the night. Starting from scratch.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Probably might be part of the issue. I did some manually, some by the workshop, some by nexus and some directly by another mod manager of sorts.
I deleted the entire game, saves, and did a fresh install through the night. Starting from scratch.
Likely your load order that is fucking up, use boss then the mod manager to make sure they load in the proper order.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My recommendation is to use the nexus mod manager for everything. If you find some loose files manually create a mod in the nexus mod manager and install/uninstall with it. I'm not aware of any good mods being on the steam workshop that aren't on nexus.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone have any experience with Falskaar ? How many hours should I be prepared to spend on it ?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider

Also another thing to keep in mind, even though you may have deselected different mods to try and troubleshoot which one was causing the problem, the problem mod may have already corrupted the entire save file. Even though you go back and deselect mods if they were already loaded into a saved game those assets/scripts may still be there in the background. Because of this, I'll always keep two recent save files, especially when installing a new mod so that way if there is any issue I can uninstall and go back to the previous save.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Does anyone have any experience with Falskaar ? How many hours should I be prepared to spend on it ?
25ish depending on your playstyle I am saved in a dungeon I have been in for like 3 hours now, no idea how much longer it will be and it is awesome.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah 25ish or so sounds about right. Depending on your character and style. It can be combat heavy at times and I had a few bugs I needed to work around (Probably caused by other mods conflicting).

One cool thing about Falskaar is the new dragon shout that gives you a self-buff to your melee. I felt that was missing from the vanilla dragon shouts (the attack speed buff only worked on non-enchanted weapons) and getting it felt like getting my first avatar weapon in EQ all over again.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>

Welcome to the wacky world of Skyrim modding! They're not joking when they say getting the damn thing to work is half the game! My experience is just stick with Nexus mods, I'm pretty sure anything you can find on Steam Workshop you can find there, unless it's something really fucking creepy or niche. Install the Nexus mod manager and BOSS, read the readmes and descriptions to check with compatibilities. Then do this:

1. Install 1 big mod or a couple of smaller mods (that don't overlap).
2. Close the Nexus mod manager.
3. Run BOSS.
4. Run the game and muck about for 5 minutes to see if it works (if it changes a location or adds something see if you can go there and see if it works).
5. If it looks ok go back to 1 and repeat.
6. If it doesn't work uninstall the mod, go to 2 and repeat.

Should be fine!

Crell_sl

shitlord
Yeah 25ish or so sounds about right. Depending on your character and style. It can be combat heavy at times and I had a few bugs I needed to work around (Probably caused by other mods conflicting).

One cool thing about Falskaar is the new dragon shout that gives you a self-buff to your melee. I felt that was missing from the vanilla dragon shouts (the attack speed buff only worked on non-enchanted weapons) and getting it felt like getting my first avatar weapon in EQ all over again.
Falskaar is definitly fun. However Im stuck in a dungeon because I can't locate a key. Reading up on it the key is just sitting on the ground, so combat can knock it around. Looked all over the room and can't find it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Falskaar is definitly fun. However Im stuck in a dungeon because I can't locate a key. Reading up on it the key is just sitting on the ground, so combat can knock it around. Looked all over the room and can't find it.
Use the console command to open or unlock the door, hopefully the key isn't tied to the quest or it will fuck it up.