Skyrim

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
My Skyrim playthrough(singular, though over 120 hours) I don't think I engaged in melee combat more than a couple of times. Heavy Armor/Sneak/Archery and -of course- the ever broken Enchanting/Alchemy/Blacksmithing. It was really satisfying having the kill cam on sneak attack headshot snipes and watching bodies ragdoll all over the place.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm only up to a whopping lvl 4 and just dicking around figuring out the UI and controls. I made an imperial. I guess I need to figure out how to cast since I haven't done anything so far other that hit shit with an axe.

Borzak

Here's a dumb question. Can I get anywhere without doing trade skills? I hate them with a passion.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Easily. In fact some would say it makes a better experience since the crafted stuff can easily overpower your character.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I play TES games by playing them vanilla, then coming back a year+ later and mod it to high heaven. I would get the UI mod:
SkyUI at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community

asap though. After your first playthrough look at:
Skyrim GEMS

And see what you like.

Even mods like:
Deadly Dragons at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community

Which dramatically improve the best part of Skyrim (dragon fights) make for an uneven first playthrough. You'll be cruising along, thinking you're hot shit, then boom, this guy spawns and you've got an encounter harder than anything in the vanilla game even dreams of being.

5249147-1366343921.jpg

Borzak

Thanks, gonna try the UI mod which currently seems to be my biggest complaint about the game.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I have owned this game for quite some time and just fired it up for the first time this morning. Seems pretty cool, I am excited to just screw run around and do as I please. I have not played an Elder Scrolls game since 2002 on my 1st Gen XBOX.

Sulrn

Deuces
And this is why I wonder if Bethesda is letting their other flagship IP intentionally fail or they simply don't know why Skyrim was a hit.

You don't see a lot of resurgence playthroughs into FO3/NV nor a lot of random up drafts in FO4 strength. Neither game is capturing people the same way Skyrim did even though it's probably a technically inferior game.

spronk

FPS noob
some german guys have created a total game conversion mod for skyrim. The german mod releases July 1st, english version should follow in a few weeks "Enderal, like Nehrim was for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, is a total conversion mod for Skyrim that replaces the entire game world with a new one, complete with new locations, new art, new characters, new dialogue that is fully voice acted, new gameplay and much more."

Basically a completely new game based on the skyrim engine

20130510161644-34e0543d-xl.jpg

Probably will be PC only, even with skyrim remaster, since the consoles have file size limitations and this one is gonna be massive. 30-100 hours expected play time
SureAI.net

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nehrim was hands down better than Oblivion and showed what a TES-style game with a few key rule changes could be like when done properly. Specifically, XP driven leveling + unleveled zones + no fast travel. The no fast travel thing is easy to mod in, but requires the devs to build a world and a quest system that doesn't make the whole thing laborious.

It provided a unique experience in gaming and I hope this one re-creates it. I'll definitely play it.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It's well possible and enjoyable to play Skyrim almost vanilla. There is basically only one mod that is essential and that is a UI improvement mod. But, if you're at it, I'd also install all the unofficial patches too since they fix a lot of bugs/glitches/problems. Apart from that, you're free to add or leave out whatever mods you want.

Borzak

I got the SkyUI and got it going. I tried to put in the customizable favorites menu mod but so far I'm either too stupid to get it to work in game right or whatever. Really just want a mod that allows you to set up sets of armor/weapons/spells and hotkey them and have them change. I have a pretty low list of stuff know but blah. Annoying.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
The group behind the Oblivion total conversion mod Nehrim have made a Skyrim total conversion called Enderal. The launcher and installer are found here. I haven't gotten to play too much of it yet but I have high hopes because Nehrim was amazing and felt more like Daggerfall/Morrowind.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Playing the Jedi mod now... However since legendary edition came out I just go through the gameplay loop of selling enchanted weapons for soul gems over and over and over.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I am installing Enderal now. I was never very good with mod compatibility so hoping it works out.

kevincheese

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am installing Enderal now. I was never very good with mod compatibility so hoping it works out.

I'm going to play this in a week or two. Nehrim was real good, hopefully this is too. Does the english version let you use german voices?