Skyrim

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I picked it up like a year ago on steam for under $10.

I spent about 30 minutes on it, but I just don't like playing at the computer. I like it on console.

Then you already own it, check under Games instead of Favorites.

Edit: Just realized you want to play it on ps4, my bad.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Why? If you're talking about the rape & nudity mods, I really don't give a shit about those.

I just don't know what mods are out there.
If I could actually sandbox build my own village or something, that would be worth it to me. No idea if thats a thing or not
The short version, as I understand it, is Sony nixed any mods that add new assets, so mods can only use stuff that already exists in the game.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Bah. glad I didn't buy it then. I was drunk....UT I'm an old drunk and know not to trust my drunk purchases.

Oh well, I'll wait for ES6 I guess. ;)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Bah. glad I didn't buy it then. I was drunk....UT I'm an old drunk and know not to trust my drunk purchases.

Oh well, I'll wait for ES6 I guess. ;)

Right with ya buddy :)

Black Marsh is around the corner (2 years)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Right with ya buddy :)

Black Marsh is around the corner (2 years)
edging.jpg

(I'm edging. for 2 years. )

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Wait a year, buy it on PC during a Steam sale and also get a Steam Link. Mod the retarded fuck out of it on your PC and then play on your TV via the Link. Problem solved and Fuck Sony.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I went ahead and got it for the PS4 since I never played any of the DLC before. Mods aren't that a big deal for me, I never bother modding any of the other Bethesda games I've played (Fallout, ES, etc) because by the time I've finished it I've moved on to the next game. Same reason I never have bought any DLC for them.

Going caster this time because previously I min/maxxed myself to Easy Street with a heavy armor, stealth, archer, maxxed enchanter/armorer guy who couldn't die. Definitely caster is underwhelming. Spells don't seem to do much damage and I'm getting hit like wet toilet paper in my cloth armor lol.

Still, the game is as fun as I ever remembered it. It's been forever since I played the original so some of it seems fresh to me, and I have the DLC stuff to look forward to.

First interesting/new thing I've encountered is the skill tree for being a werewolf, it's pretty sweet. This time around I'm gonna kill off the old dude in the Companion's guild instead of curing his lycanthropy.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I feel like playing it again myself given I've received it for free from steam.. however same issue as Mizake, I played an unkillable tank in my original playthrough.. caster would be a nice change but I remember that it wasn't really viable or fun when I tried caster originally... there were heaps of big mods which made casters more balanced with melee.. is the base game any better as a mage these days?

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Currently I'm only level 13, playing as a caster, but I'll give you my experiences so far:

Having never played a caster before, I'm not sure what the best route to go is, but currently I'm going heavy into destruction tree (the elemental damage one). It's fairly weak to be honest, but it's also mindless. I just double-hand the flame spell and burn the enemies away. Some mobs are resistant to fire so in those instances I switch to the ice or shock spell equivalent.

On the skill tree you can, of course, increase the amount of damage done for each element, but it's slow going. There are 2 levels to each, but the first one you can get at skill level 20, but you won't be able to get the second one until skill level 60, which is a ways off. So for a long time you feel underpowered.

Killing small mobs are no big deal using this strategy, but boss mobs and larger mobs (like giants and dragons) become problematic, because they can basically one-shot you. I am wearing cloth at the moment for the mana regen and mana perks, obviously I would prefer to have light armor with the same stats but at this early level they are not readily available and I do not have the crafting ability to make them yet.

To deal with bigger mobs, it's important to have a companion or NPC to "tank" for you. Now, it becomes kind of a pain because your companion will get in the way of your spells, but they can't really die....if they go to zero health they just take a knee until they regenerate. So on boss mobs I find it best to have them tank and I just blast away with spells. If my companion goes down, then I summon an archon using the conjuration tree to tank for me.

One interesting thing I notice is that I burn through a ton of potions. I'm drinking health and mana potions a lot more than I ever recall. My original playthrough many years ago my character was so tough I don't think I ever had to drink potions.....maybe stamina just to keep DPS up, but seldom health potions and never mana potions. So this time there is a little more strategy in that I have to have many potions ready to consume, which means I do use alchemy far more than I used to.

I'm still sneaking around and pickpocketing, to raise those skills. I've been toying around with the idea of sneaking around and using fear/charm/confusion spells, which I might try out once I get to Winterhold and get going on the mage quests.

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
Casters were always viable through competent play on the highest difficulty level. It was tedious, but doable. The worst case scenario involved kiting and a useful companion.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Lvl 19 as a sneaky archer ...sucks at first but starting to get a tad op so need to ramp up difficulty.

I love this game....

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
It has good elements. Unfortunately, sometimes modding the game into oblivion can, lewl, result in your inability to finish the game, which you only find out 90-95% of the way through the story.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Really, if you're going to go full caster, find yourself a mod that makes Destruction damage scale with skill level. It's doable without it, but a mod will make it more enjoyable (and more balanced).

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
It has good elements. Unfortunately, sometimes modding the game into oblivion can, lewl, result in your inability to finish the game, which you only find out 90-95% of the way through the story.

And nothing of value was lost.

But yes caster damage tied to perks and nothing else was really poorly implemented. Especially since you can't craft stronger magic like you can with potions and smithing.

In just downloaded the Kamehameha mod and went to town in the past... Fuck it.

Next run I will definitely be doing a no crafting run. I always spend way to much time crafting iron daggers.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Can we have an impromptu Skyrim nostalgia thread too? Steamlink is a good idea for me to play so I don't have to sit infront of the computer....maybe some Skyrim feels will motivate me.

Favorite quest -
Skyrim:A Daedra's Best Friend - UESPWiki

Favorite place-
Dragonbridge
dragon-bridge.jpg

Favorite player owned property-
Lakeview Manor
31380-1-1376533317.jpg

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Did they expand the houses in the new edition ?

My favorite house was the one with the fishing pond on it. But it was in Butt Fuck Egypt.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Did they expand the houses in the new edition ?

My favorite house was the one with the fishing pond on it. But it was in Butt Fuck Egypt.
I'm not sure. That definitely didn't look like the one I had.

I just liked Lakeview the best because of the garden space. I got rich with my potions, then I just focused on making the paralyzing potions for archery. I can't remember where it was, but there was a fort (I think in the far NW valley) that had a lot of cliffs and bridges. I spent hours shooting people and watching them fall to their death when paralyzed.