Skyrim

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I have script extender running using the workshop, you simply run the steam client first to update all the mods, then close the window. Then launch the script extender exe, works just fine. As far as finding stuff, websites, then just a name search in the steam browser. Most people post their mods on both steam and the nexus for maximum exposure, although this is not true in all cases.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I have script extender running using the workshop, you simply run the steam client first to update all the mods, then close the window. Then launch the script extender exe, works just fine. As far as finding stuff, websites, then just a name search in the steam browser. Most people post their mods on both steam and the nexus for maximum exposure, although this is not true in all cases.
So you don't use the steam workshop browser and sorting system to find mods? You just find them from gems/step/nexus/word of mouth and search for them on the workshop?

What I typically do for these systems is go through all the highly endorsed mods in Nexus and mark the ones I want on a spreadsheet, then go through mod lists like step/gems to bolster my list, then download the ones I want. The last part is the easiest and if you only use workshop to accomplish the downloading part I guess I'm not missing out.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
So you don't use the steam workshop browser and sorting system to find mods? You just find them from gems/step/nexus/word of mouth and search for them on the workshop?

What I typically do for these systems is go through all the highly endorsed mods in Nexus and mark the ones I want on a spreadsheet, then go through mod lists like step/gems to bolster my list, then download the ones I want. The last part is the easiest and if you only use workshop to accomplish the downloading part I guess I'm not missing out.
You are correct sir, I am just using it as the downloading/installation mechanism. You can browse for top rated mods by week/day/all time within the Workshop interface to give you ideas, however I honestly just use the recommendations here as to what mods I have downloaded. So no, you're not missing out.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The author of the Skyrim Monster Mod got banned from Nexus because he stole some models from other games. Won't stop me from playing his mod though, lol. One of the things I didn't like about Skyrim is that it had very few enemy types.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
The author of the Skyrim Monster Mod got banned from Nexus because he stole some models from other games. Won't stop me from playing his mod though, lol. One of the things I didn't like about Skyrim is that it had very few enemy types.
I was watching the video and thinking holy shit, it'd take years for one dude to model, texture and animate 100 new creatures, how the fuck did he do it. Guess that explains it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Frankly I think it's a bit of a travesty that art assets aren't more open source. I'd love to see random mobs from fucking.. serious sam show up in the middle of Skyrim.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just installed Elys Uncapper and SkyXP.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1175
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20681

I found the leveling system in ES more quaint than refreshing or innovative and didn't really think about how much better XP based leveling is until I played Nehrim.

I also halved the rate at which I gain skills, and halved SkyXP's default rate of XP gains. I imagine that with the spawn increasing mods I'll get more XP than intended and will have to reduce it further.

I'm a bit at an awkward place with preparing for a second playthrough of Skyrim. On one hand I'm a bit of a completionist and want to make the ULTIMATE character (Especially with ench/smithing being nerfed via mods and mods making the game much harder). On the other hand Skyrim is the perfect game for Dead is Dead playthroughs and playing one character gets a bit repetitive.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just installed Elys Uncapper and SkyXP.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1175
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20681

I found the leveling system in ES more quaint than refreshing or innovative and didn't really think about how much better XP based leveling is until I played Nehrim.

I also halved the rate at which I gain skills, and halved SkyXP's default rate of XP gains. I imagine that with the spawn increasing mods I'll get more XP than intended and will have to reduce it further.

I'm a bit at an awkward place with preparing for a second playthrough of Skyrim. On one hand I'm a bit of a completionist and want to make the ULTIMATE character (Especially with ench/smithing being nerfed via mods and mods making the game much harder). On the other hand Skyrim is the perfect game for Dead is Dead playthroughs and playing one character gets a bit repetitive.
Did you also use mods to make sneak balanced and illusion not OP at lower levels? You can always just not use those skills but using the sneak tools mod makes it balanced and still fun at the same time.

There is also another mod that allows you to have more then one companion which is awesome but they can sometimes die permanently unless you make them essential.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I never really used illusion but it's always 'OP' in elder scrolls games with chameleon. Not sure if there's any OP usages of it being offensive.

As far as sneak, I used it a lot in my Dead is Dead playthroughs but I always thought that if I'm able to sneak up on someone and attack them without noticing it should be a one-shot everytime. For me the time to clear a group of mobs with even max sneak and one shots is so much higher than a brute force class that can just mow everyone down.

I also never really liked companions in ES. Generally I don't like any companions in any realtime games.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just realized that sneak tools does not add the things I was talking about. All it does is give you additional tools to sneak. What Skyrim Redone did was add make these changes if you like them there might be a mode out there that makes them without needing all of Skyre

Sneak

Problem:

Just haxx. 'Nuff said.

Solution:

Instead of cheat-like passive boosts, the new tree adds gameplay options - slow time after dagger sneak attacks, instantly kill sleeping targets, craft utility arrows, and enhance your ability to sneak with destruction spells (which is possible in Skyrim Redone), disguise as a Forsworn while wearing Forsworn armor, and more.

This tree is powered by Borgut1337's Sneak Tools.

To make sneaking less of a cakewalk, the following non-perk adjustments have been made:

Enemies search for you way longer during all phases of detection
Doubled initial dagger sneak damage multiplier to x6
Increased initial two-handed sneak damage multiplier to x3
Increased initial unarmed sneak damage multiplier to x6
Reduced enemy detection view cone
Increased sneak exp gain from bow sneak attacks
Equipment weight has greater influence on sneaking success
Light has greater influence on sneaking success
Movement has greater influence on sneaking success
Sound has a slightly reduced influence on sneaking success, but can't be reduced as easily, due to perk changes
Crime report distance has been greatly reduced
Modified the influence of heavy armor on sneaking; Basically, wearing one or two heavy armor pieces reduces your sneak skill by 50%, wearing three or more reduces it by 70%
Removed "Fortify Pickpocket" enchantment, replaced with "Deadly Touch" (damage/ignore armor) and "Prism" (armor/resist magic)
Removed "Fortify Lockpicking" enchantment, replaced with "Fortify Fingersmith"
If a target is searching for you, sneak attacks deal 34% less damage against that target
It may sound like it makes you more powerful at first glance but in practice it is actually much harder to sneak up on people without heavy investment into the tree. Plus after taking down one person almost everyone else is alerted and it becomes harder to take down anyone else. Bows (at least I am using crossbows) don't take anyone down in one shot at my level and I defiantly have to use some up close defense for now until I have a higher sneak value.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Well I installed SkyRe, we'll see how it goes. I doubt I'll be doing much sneaking anyway as I had enough of that playing FNV recently.

Goonsquad Officer
I've been playing requiem mod skyrim, which is like being punched in the balls for entertainment. Makes combat super deadly, gives high level shit absurd difficulty as to require your character be pretty boss, and removes some game shortcuts. requires you to invest in talents to be worth a shit at the thing.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19281

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've been playing requiem mod skyrim, which is like being punched in the balls for entertainment. Makes combat super deadly, gives high level shit absurd difficulty as to require your character be pretty boss, and removes some game shortcuts. requires you to invest in talents to be worth a shit at the thing.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19281
Cool, I'll check it out. One of the problems with replacing the leveled lists with static configurations is that often the game is too hard or too easy by a sizable amount. And with Skyrim there's no announcement of what level range an area is.

As an aside I love how monetized the mod community is now. It seems like it gives mod creators more motivation to properly support and explain their mod. Historically mod creators seem to make the mod for their own enjoyment and grudgingly share it with the community as is.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So crossfire has 100% scaling now, but there's still heavy microstuttering when running in full screen mode. And crossfire doesn't work in windowed mode.

So now I have to choose between 30-45fps or microstuttering. So frustrating since I built this PC for skyrim. Never again crossfire, never again.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
I remember my SLI setup (also built for Oblivion back then) was giving me trouble. I was getting more FPS by disabling SLI and taking the SLI bridge out of the case than with SLI enabled. Most expensive PC I had ever built too.