Skyrim

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ya, I got the Sky UI. Dual wielding weapons seemed clunky for combat though. It wasn't a smooth bad assery I was expecting like maybe what you see in Witcher 2. It was swing swing derp derp swing the other? Maybe that changes as skill increases.

thanks!

too many steps, though. even if it's gonna work, it's like my 10th time trying this shit since I bought the game when it came out.. I'm so hesitant to try again.. I'm sure the day will come where I've got nothing else to play and I'm motivated enough to give this another try.

I do appreciate that you took the time to spell it out for me.

<3
On the same boat, must have tried Skryrim at least twice each time DLC came out, last was dragonborn and it just crashes at around level 12 no matter what.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
dont forget the rape and pregnancy mods. Nothing better than getting raped and having a kid from it.

Noah

Molten Core Raider
The primary benefit of dual wielding is dual sneak attacks (usually daggers if you are going that route) or the dual power attacks which channel several attacks back to back. Additionally, there are also those perks that increase attack speed and power attack damage while dual wielding.

The non dagger dual power attacks are better because you can chain them continiously until you run out of stamina - you can completely lock down an opponent until you run out of stamina. The dual dagger power attack has a pause before the next attack, so enemies can get in hits between and stop you.

On the down side, you cannot parry while dual wielding unless you add the dual parry mods.

Normally I go dagger+shield. If you have the blocking perk block runner, holding block while sneaking will allow you to sneak at full run speed.

As an alternative, 2hand is really effective because you can stay just outside of opponents melee range and only step in as you swing. Also you have the ability to block and bash for interrupts without needing any mods.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The primary benefit of dual wielding is dual sneak attacks (usually daggers if you are going that route) or the dual power attacks which channel several attacks back to back. Additionally, there are also those perks that increase attack speed and power attack damage while dual wielding.

The non dagger dual power attacks are better because you can chain them continiously until you run out of stamina - you can completely lock down an opponent until you run out of stamina. The dual dagger power attack has a pause before the next attack, so enemies can get in hits between and stop you.

On the down side, you cannot parry while dual wielding unless you add the dual parry mods.

Normally I go dagger+shield. If you have the blocking perk block runner, holding block while sneaking will allow you to sneak at full run speed.

As an alternative, 2hand is really effective because you can stay just outside of opponents melee range and only step in as you swing. Also you have the ability to block and bash for interrupts without needing any mods.
A few mods fix these issues. Deadly combat, Dual wield Parry/block mod/animation, Dodge mod, look into those.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I tried launching Skyrim (using SKSE) after not playing it for well over a year. I got a SkyUI error message so tried to update all my mods.

I had been using Nexus Mod Manager to manage my mods. Apparently NMM now requires a subscription to use the NMM app so I can't use it anymore. A TESO guildmate suggested using the Steam Workshop instead of NMM.

Anyone know which source has the most active modder community as well as choice of mods to choose from?

Crone

I tried launching Skyrim (using SKSE) after not playing it for well over a year. I got a SkyUI error message so tried to update all my mods.

I had been using Nexus Mod Manager to manage my mods. Apparently NMM now requires a subscription to use the NMM app so I can't use it anymore. A TESO guildmate suggested using the Steam Workshop instead of NMM.

Anyone know which source has the most active modder community as well as choice of mods to choose from?
NMM requires an account, not a subscription as of last week? So unless there's been a very recent change NMM should work just fine.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Steam Workshop also doesn't have nearly as many mods, and it's kind of annoying to use. I also use Mod Organizer for handling my mod stuff, if you want to give that a try.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
NMM requires an account, not a subscription as of last week? So unless there's been a very recent change NMM should work just fine.
When I launched NMM, I was prompted to login with account name and password. I kept getting a login error message. I went to the Nexus website and successfully logged in to their forums with the same exact account name and password. It was on their website where I saw mentioned they had a subscription service. They also had a one time fee to become a supporter of the website.

I tried logging in to NMM the next couple of days and it continued to give me error messages. I'm just assuming it is either because I do not have a Nexus subscription or did not pay the supporter fee.

Crone

I didn't browse their forums much, but is it possible the forum login is different than their website login? Does it show you as logged in when you are on the Nexusmod site, looking at a list of addons? Like in the top left? If it shows you logged in there, then there is something wrong because that same login worked within NMM.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Download manually from the Nexus and use Mod Organizer to handle your mods and load order. You'll also want to use BOSS, Wryebash and TES5EDIT to correct conflicts and clean dirty mod files. NMM is shitty in comparison to MO, but the Nexus blows the Workshop out of the water in terms of mods.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Curious to know how those of you who like playing spellcasters quickly choose what spell you want to cast without constantly pausing the game, opening up the spellbook, and left/right clicking on a spell. AFAIK that is the only way to do it but its a very clunky system.

Crone

Curious to know how those of you who like playing spellcasters quickly choose what spell you want to cast without constantly pausing the game, opening up the spellbook, and left/right clicking on a spell. AFAIK that is the only way to do it but its a very clunky system.
Doesn't the SkyUI or maybe default game let you set favorites to hotkeys?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Even the default ui has hotkey support for the 1-8 keys. Look for favorites or something in the default UI. As mentioned though, SkyUI vastly improves the UI, hotkeys included.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
There's a main quest in Skyrim? But yeah, I've played 60+ hours in Skyrim and have never progressed the main quest more than half way. I know of people who have hundreds of hours logged and never finished.
I am well over 500 hours and never finished the main quest. Did not do warriors guild or bards college either lol. I am 1/2 dragon borne line and 3/4 of main quest line.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Is there a mod that flattens the exp curve past 50 but still makes levelling meaningful, not a total cheese? I would like alot more skill points than what seems feasible to get with reasonable play time.

Saban_sl

shitlord
That works, although way more addons than i wanted to install. SkyUI is nice though but i'm keeping pretty much all the settings from skytweak as default.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Started this up again, fresh install, latest mods, they have added a ton of full voiced content, "interesting NPCs" alone makes it feel like a whole new game. Shit is boss.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I have a relatively new R9 290. I haven't played Skyrim in forever and never beat the main storyline. What's a suggested list of mods for a fresh start?