Smartphones

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I have a Galaxy Note9 and I'm looking for a simple app for a "To Do" list that I can activate from a mappable hotkey, as well as a home screen widget that displays it. I've tried a bunch of shit like Google Keep before, but couldn't ever find anything that has everything I want. I don't want to set a due date or anything like that, I basically just want to have a "when I have time" list that I can add stuff to in like 5 seconds, like "Replace living room trim" or "get a printer for fake vaccine card".

Any recommendations?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I got a Samsung galaxy a52 5g. None of my fucking text apps work expect the stock samsung garbage. This sucks dick.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I got my 6pro yesterday, honestly disappointed:

A) I HATED the OnePlus 8T and 8Pro camera and really made a mistake switching from Pixels. I take photos at the same spot every morning to track my body composition and honestly the first phot on the 6pro looks over saturated in colour and less detailed than the 8pro with google cam installed and auto HDR

B) The 8 Pro has "warp charging" which is as described. My 6pro with the OnePlus 65w charger is currently going at 31% an hour, LMAO.

Admittedly, the speed of the OP charger meant I changed my charge habits from overnight charge to "topping up" whenever it needs it in 15-30 minute spurts - example, I might leave the phone uncharged overnight, wake up to 15-20% and charge it back up to 60-70% whilst I have a shower.

Also, the fingerprint sensor isn't bad - sometimes it tells me to hold a little bit longer, but that might be because I'm used to putting my finger on the 8pro sensor which also uses face unlock. Sometimes it would unlock via my face before the fingerprint senor was detected.

Last edited:

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I got a Samsung galaxy a52 5g. None of my fucking text apps work expect the stock samsung garbage. This sucks dick.
This piece of shit also erased 200 gigs worth of podcasts from my SD card. Mind you it didnt format the card, it just erased the podcasts. No fucking idea how or why. Back this garbage goes.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Pixel 6 charging is fine with a belkin charger. I guess the one plus one I was using has different tech. 46 minutes got me 55%

I'm still pulling my finger off the scanner prematurely

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Pixel 6 charging is fine with a belkin charger. I guess the one plus one I was using has different tech. 46 minutes got me 55%

I'm still pulling my finger off the scanner prematurely

Google opted for slower charging to extend the lifetime of the battery. IIRC both the 6 and 6 Pro top out at 23W max and drop it down as you get closer to full charge.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Google opted for slower charging to extend the lifetime of the battery. IIRC both the 6 and 6 Pro top out at 23W max and drop it down as you get closer to full charge.

I know, I am capable of reading technology sites, or are you purposefully trying to give me a late push in the voting?

What I said was that upon first receiving the phone I was not used to the slow charging, especially when compared to the 65w warp charging of my One Plus

I then said that after buying a belkin charger and not using the OP charger, charging speed was faster hence "fine"

I even posted the difference 31% an hour vs 55% in 45 minutes.

Carbs don't make you fat

• 1Edgelord
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad they did this. Hopefully they do it for all future Pixels. I used "fast-charging" for an old Moto X one time, before realizing it's just a gimmic that is frying my battery faster.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
So my Pixel 5A came yesterday. Seems very nice and all. Not at all happy that Android has gotten rid of the back button, but I guess I'll get used to it. I've been hearing about these metal cases. Anyone have experience with them or a recommendation? My phone experiences a lot of dings and dust but I don't want anything bulky.

Also, it's the first phone I've had in years that doesn't have wireless charging and I'm going to miss having it standing up on my nightstand where I can see the clock at night and such. Anyone use one of those charging cradles? Something like this...

61Un7OphOPL._AC_SL1207_.jpg

Do these work okay or are they going to fuck up my charging port? People say you can't ruin a type C charging port but I've proven that I can do it multiple times now.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure if they make for Pixel but I have used Ghostek Atomic Slim for my S20 Ultra since day 1. Aluminum body with polymer for extra protection. Zero issues. It's light, sleek and strong.

Ps.. wtf makes a phone without wireless charging in today's world?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I grabbed one of these for under my case on my Motorola to add wireless charging:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I imagine with the 5a being a mid ranged priced phone, bringing the price down includes no wireless charging

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I grabbed one of these for under my case on my Motorola to add wireless charging:

I have thought about that too. Is it hard to unplug if you want to fast charge? Like do you have to take the case off? Seems like having a connector in the plug all the time might actually prevent damage and dirt getting in there.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely keeps the plug clean and I don't need to remove it to actually plug in to a different charger. Just let the one under the case have just a tiny bit of slack

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Im waiting for a new pixel phone but got to mess with a lot of toys lately. Im messing with the Nokia x100 right now and I don't want to switch back and Verizon won't use it I guess. It's so basic and smooth, no clue how Nokia is around.

Last thing I knew is MS bought them up for patents/factories for windows mobile which was a good design in ways but everything got burried

Last edited:

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I currently have a Galaxy S10+ w/ ATT and am eligible for a free Galaxy S21 if I trade in my S10+.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't do this?

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
S22 is right around the corner?

I don't think I'll be able to get that as a free swap. I'm trying to get away from having to worry about the stupid monthly payments + having to upgrade my data plan from Unlimited to Super Unlimited ++++