Smartphones

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm getting ready to order the nexus 6 using the bestbuy method to keep my unlimited data plan. The way I figure it, if I can get a subsidized phone and keep my unlimited data, I will. Screw verizon. Why pay more for less?
Does this still work? I keep reading they were going to implement new safeguards to enforce a SIM swap to ensure the change order goes through.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Does this still work? I keep reading they were going to implement new safeguards to enforce a SIM swap to ensure the change order goes through.
According to the thread on slickdeals it still works. As long as you don't turn the phone on with the sim card it shipped with, you should be fine. I'll let you know if you works or not.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Do you still get all of your data routed through a server farm in Florida? Pings of 250+ ms kinda kills LTE speeds.
If that's how they did it I doubt much has changed there. Just did a couple tests with a few severs and pings ranged from 102 to 141 ms . Most of my mobile data use is streaming music while driving, so ping doesn't matter much to me anyway. Download speeds were 29-33 Mbps, which is better that what I get from Time Warner at home.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
According to the thread on slickdeals it still works. As long as you don't turn the phone on with the sim card it shipped with, you should be fine. I'll let you know if you works or not.
OK thanks. I will have to do the best buy option as I only have the one UDP line and that appears to be the best/only way to accomplish it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I think it just says that since the Amazon App store isn't an officially compatible google play store app, so Amazon returns the favor and lists most Android devices that aren't amazon kindles as "incompatible". I grabbed about 10 of those apps, and they all work fine even though almost all of them listed my Note 3 as incompatible.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm find with them no longer making expandable memory. Just stop making phones less than 64 GB ffs.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
On my 16GB Nexus 4 I always wanted a SD card slot. With the 64 GB OPO I don't give a shit. I've got a couple nandroid backups, a full backup of my apps and a bunch of music and still have plenty of space.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ordered up a Zenfone 2 4GB ram 64GB storage this morning, hoping it will be as good as it sounds on paper. At $299 seems like a steal

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I just did the bestbuy method to use my upgrade to get a nexus 6. Took the sim card out of my old original nexus and put in the nexus 6. Kept the unlimited data on my account. I did have to cut the sim card down so it would fit in the nexus 6. I had wanted to transfer my upgrade to a basic line's and order the nexus 6 and swap the sim cards but Verizon had put an early edge upgrade on that line, so that's why I went with the straight bestbuy method. Its been a few days and everything is working as it should.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just did the bestbuy method to use my upgrade to get a nexus 6. Took the sim card out of my old original nexus and put in the nexus 6. Kept the unlimited data on my account. I did have to cut the sim card down so it would fit in the nexus 6. I had wanted to transfer my upgrade to a basic line's and order the nexus 6 and swap the sim cards but Verizon had put an early edge upgrade on that line, so that's why I went with the straight bestbuy method. Its been a few days and everything is working as it should.
Eventually that new SIM card will fall off your account, since it was never used. I'm curious though, does your Verizon page online show you having a new phone? Or the old one still?

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Eventually that new SIM card will fall off your account, since it was never used. I'm curious though, does your Verizon page online show you having a new phone? Or the old one still?
It shows the nexus 6. It did right after I logged in after putting the old Sim and powering on the phone