Smartphones

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I get a phone thru work that won't even fit in the back pocket of a pair of jeans. I leave it at work in my desk every day and only use it if I travel.
Bullshit. A 7" tablet easily fits in the back pocket of a regular pair of jeans.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Bullshit. A 7" tablet easily fits in the back pocket of a regular pair of jeans.
It might fit width wise, but length wise it'll stick out the top of the pocket when standing, and be uncomfortable as all hell when sitting. Which is basically what he was saying.

Aydenn

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can easily fit my moto x 2nd gen in the back pocket of all my jeans and barely notice it. They are abercrombie and fitch slim fit. I call shenanigans

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What's the phone du jour for off-contract but reasonably priced phones? Wife's Nexus 5 is likely water damage, but we haven't given it the full 3 days of rice yet. Don't want to replace it with something like a Nexus 6(thanks for caving, Google) since it costs full price. As far as I can tell, I can buy her another Nexus 5 off Amazon($275 new), a Moto G 3rd edition/2015($200), or a Moto X 2nd edition($400). Any other models to consider?

Neki

Molten Core Raider
The new Nexus 5 is heavily expected to be released on the 29th September if you can wait till then

That's going to be my next phone.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Are you guys seriously talking about sitting on a god damn phone? Not even talking comfort here, to even consider sitting on a 300-1000$ device just blew my mind. No wonder the bendgate was at thing if people actually sit on their phones.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is the next Nexus expected to be back to their previous pricing structure? I'm not waiting for a $600 phone.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That would be nice, especially if they fix the camera quality and focus time.

Soygen, Kedwyn, did you get your Moto X Pure orders yet? Or have they even shipped? Having trouble determining if it is even released yet.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
AndroidPIT-Nexus-5-2015-side-view-comparison-w782.jpg

Comparison with the current Nexus 5

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
What's the phone du jour for off-contract but reasonably priced phones? Wife's Nexus 5 is likely water damage, but we haven't given it the full 3 days of rice yet.Don't want to replace it with something like a Nexus 6(thanks for caving, Google) since it costs full price.As far as I can tell, I can buy her another Nexus 5 off Amazon($275 new), a Moto G 3rd edition/2015($200), or a Moto X 2nd edition($400). Any other models to consider?
If the N6 is something you'd consider, it's now $350-400 on amazon.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It might fit width wise, but length wise it'll stick out the top of the pocket when standing, and be uncomfortable as all hell when sitting. Which is basically what he was saying.
I don't think I would sit down with any phone in my back pocket. I did break the screen on my kindle by mistake that way but I think it's generally a bad idea regardless of the size of the device?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
That would be nice, especially if they fix the camera quality and focus time.

Soygen, Kedwyn, did you get your Moto X Pure orders yet? Or have they even shipped? Having trouble determining if it is even released yet.
Negative. Expected to get it in a week or so.

My issue with the nexus is the company making the big one Huawei isn't one I want to give my money to at this time.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Fire sale in preparation for the next Nexus phones I'd guess. Camera is is decent based on what I've heard, with low light being the usual weak point. IIRC it's the same sensor as on my OPO, with OIS added. I'm not a camera guy though, as taking pictures is the one thing I do even less that I make phone calls with it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, the Nexus 6, Moto X Pure, and OPO are all in that $300 - $400 price range and I'm having trouble determining which is objectively better.