Smartphones

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just a head's up for anyone interested in these, the 36W one in that article appears to be out of stock, but if you click on the "There is a newer version of this item" on Amazon it takes you to the 40W one, and it is currently the deal of the day for only $20, for the next 16 hours from when I am posting. Seems like a great fucking deal to me, almost want to get several of them just so I don't have to care which room I'm in. Only difference is this one has the different plug orientation so will take up a dual plug most likely, but there is no anticipated restock date for the 36W one.

Direct link if you prefer:Amazon.com: Anker 40W 4-Port USB Wall Charger PowerPort 4, Multi-Port USB Charger with Foldable Plug for iPhone SE / 6s / 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / Pro, Samsung Galaxy S7 / S6, Note 5, LG G5 and More: Cell Phones Accessories

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
On a Nexus 6 - Project Fi. Would like to get a different phone.

Anyone using a Lumia 950 or 950 XL?
Or the Huwei Nexus 6p?
Or the new One plus three?

Been on Android for a while. Wouldn't mind a new OS like Win10 mobile.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm impatiently waiting for a new round of phones and to leave Verizon. My next one will either be whatever the new Nexus phablet is or the HP Elite X3 (Win10).

@Friday, 6P and 950/XL are all good as I understand it. Everyone I know who owns them as happy. Only issue anyone would probably have with them is they're about to be replaced by the ones I mentioned above.

I just want more control of my OS going forward, currently using a Droid Turbo and am done w/ smaller phones.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea except for the OnePlusThree I feel like I'm in the middle of the release year. Id really like a chance to move to a Windows 10 phone to see if I'd like it but I also feel like Microsoft could be due for a new flagship phone.

Then again some people are saying maybe they are getting out of the phone business. If I could just get free data like I used too when I was on Sprint.....those were the days but all their phones suck.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Yea except for the OnePlusThree I feel like I'm in the middle of the release year. Id really like a chance to move to a Windows 10 phone to see if I'd like it but I also feel like Microsoft could be due for a new flagship phone.

Then again some people are saying maybe they are getting out of the phone business. If I could just get free data like I used too when I was on Sprint.....those were the days but all their phones suck.
You're stuck to nexus phones on Project Fi. Next ones aren't releasing until the September/October timeframe.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I've read pretty glowing reviews for the Xaomi Redmi 3/Note 3. My brother is in the market for a new phone and he's looking for something in that range. I suggested one of those. Problem is there's different versions etc, he needs something that will work with T-Mobile out of the box. Anyone able to help me out here? Point to the right one and from somewhere reliable. I've had good luck from both Aliexpress and Gearbest, but that's been smaller shit.

Shit, I'm using my One+One still and might jump on a Note myself.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have trouble with stock Android connecting to a new WiFi while it's sleeping? Not that the WiFi turns off when it sleeps. But if I go out, when I return home, the WiFi won't reconnect until I turn the screen on. This isn't a delay thing either, it can be hours and it won't connect. But once it does, it will stay connected while sleeping.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have trouble with stock Android connecting to a new WiFi while it's sleeping? Not that the WiFi turns off when it sleeps. But if I go out, when I return home, the WiFi won't reconnect until I turn the screen on. This isn't a delay thing either, it can be hours and it won't connect. But once it does, it will stay connected while sleeping.
I've noticed that my Samsung Tab S2 stays connected to WiFi when the cover is closed, even though I've specifically disabled that in the settings. Seems like nothing I do will prevent that. The thing just won't go in to a deep sleep. It'll be fully charged, 10 days later near dead, and I didn't use it once because it's happily checking my emails, giving Facebook notifications, downloading new magazines, etc. Meanwhile my old, slow, shitty Nexus 10 will go months of no use and only lose 10-20% of the battery in that time.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Try setting a static IP. There are some known kernel wake lock issues on some phones that will cause such behavior. Reboot after setting and see if it helps.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Random question - is it at all possible to hide your IP while posting on your phone? For instance, if you wanted to make a post on instagram or a similar app without any trace, could you?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Random question - is it at all possible to hide your IP while posting on your phone? For instance, if you wanted to make a post on instagram or a similar app without any trace, could you?
Alt account detected!

Kidding, we're all Screamfeeder alts anyway.