Smartwatches / Fitness Trackers

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Lanx Lanx This guy says GTR 2 battery life is 5 days max, and the lady version, GTS 2, is...2 days. Also gps sucks. Yikes.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
yea 5days seems right with all the sensors turned on /trackings
my second day i'm at 67% so far
It looks amazing though. Have you tested the gps thingie? Essential for workout imho.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It looks amazing though. Have you tested the gps thingie? Essential for workout imho.
only treadmill so far, thats an old video i saw one where it looked fine for gps, since it just got released here and i was waiting on alexa integration, they seem to fix things with OTA updates, so i'm not worried.

besides wouldn't the gps be tracking w/ my phone anyways? i really don't see a time i would go out w/o my phone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
only treadmill so far, thats an old video i saw one where it looked fine for gps, since it just got released here and i was waiting on alexa integration, they seem to fix things with OTA updates, so i'm not worried.

besides wouldn't the gps be tracking w/ my phone anyways? i really don't see a time i would go out w/o my phone.
Hmm. Phone in pocket when I bike, so need that gps in the watch. Considering ordering one, stainless with leather strap, once it’s available in eurocuckistan. Keep us posted, Sir :)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hmm. Phone in pocket when I bike, so need that gps in the watch. Considering ordering one, stainless with leather strap, once it’s available in eurocuckistan. Keep us posted, Sir
oh, if your talking about the turn by turn instructions on watch, i don't know if thats only gtr1, i'll check the app store

*edit,
like this?
a7f69ebce40f82ba89209c47a06ba481.png

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i have one of these
6d49ec0508cf26b8d21b26bdf56ce4db.png

i bought it for covid, in case

the gtr2 and apple watch6(my wifes) were in +/- 2%

Izo

Tranny Chaser
i have one of these
6d49ec0508cf26b8d21b26bdf56ce4db.png

i bought it for covid, in case

the gtr2 and apple watch6(my wifes) were in +/- 2%
Fun and giggles. Try to put your testing hand in cold water for 2 mins, then quickly dry and then test saturation. If I had a dollar for every primary care worker who don’t know that cold hands = low perfusion -> low sat I’d be a trillionaire. 50% of ptt I see are gomers who don’t drink enough, low perfusion, zomg it’s corona, must dial 911.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ok so i've been walking around the hood w/ it w/ my wife and the gps mapping looks the same as her apple watch, i don't bike, so can't review that, maybe we'll get into biking this year.

i did this w/o my phone btw, so theres that.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The amazfit watches: Do we know if Alexa can be disabled?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The amazfit watches: Do we know if Alexa can be disabled?
you have to add alexa (amazon) account for it to be active, at this time its still not enabled, waiting on patch

the native voice commands for the watch are there, i.e. "open workout"

Izo

Tranny Chaser
ok so i've been walking around the hood w/ it w/ my wife and the gps mapping looks the same as her apple watch, i don't bike, so can't review that, maybe we'll get into biking this year.

i did this w/o my phone btw, so theres that.
Tested that gps more? Asking specifically because the gtr 1 gps was atrocious. Debating whether to get the gtr2 or the Garmin vivoactive 4 from 2019. 100 freedom bucks difference here (garmin is expenive for some reason).

EDIT: ordered the gtr2, will see how it goes. Cheers.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Tested that gps more? Asking specifically because the gtr 1 gps was atrocious. Debating whether to get the gtr2 or the Garmin vivoactive 4 from 2019. 100 freedom bucks difference here (garmin is expenive for some reason).

EDIT: ordered the gtr2, will see how it goes. Cheers.
hell no! my eyelid juice freezes when i go outside

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jezus chris

gtr2 came out w/ 12 workout modes, thats the high end of the industry norm

cycling, swiming, climbing, etc

todays update

90!!!

Oldbased

> Than U
Wyze with real spo2, heart rate, sleep tracking and apps with a 9 day battery life is only $18+ shipping preorder right now.
If it works 75% of the time it'll be better than $200 fitbits by default. Fitbit promised spo2 for years and when they finally added it it was just sleeping only and even then wouldn't give you a percentage you could really use which is sad as fuck given it has the same finger wavelength sensor the $10 spo2 finger readers have.
Fitbit and Samsung COULD allow you to see that reading but they took the feature out of the Samsung watches last year with a host of other things so they could add them back in even more expensive and newer models.

I'll try the wyze in Feb or so, what's $20. I just wouldn't be shocked if it was either not working right or on the other end, works better than $200 "fit" watches that have been bending over consumers and lying for years.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
hell no! my eyelid juice freezes when i go outside
Love the box, sports edition feels great on wrist. Now updating....5.0.7.1. Already smeared my grease on it. will see how it faires. cant wear at work obviously. but looking forwardto testing it. thanks, Lanx Lanx -)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Love the box, sports edition feels great on wrist. Now updating....5.0.7.1. Already smeared my grease on it. will see how it faires. cant wear at work obviously. but looking forwardto testing it. thanks, Lanx Lanx -)
keep watch close to phone when updating cuz those updates are LONG, like 30mins for one, heh.

yea i've been cleaning around the house, i've knocked it around a lot of places (even inside computer cases) no scratches, it's really holding up.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
keep watch close to phone when updating cuz those updates are LONG, like 30mins for one, heh.

yea i've been cleaning around the house, i've knocked it around a lot of places (even inside computer cases) no scratches, it's really holding up.

GTR/S 2e version launched. No wifi, no music. But 24d juice. Will you upgrade?