Smartwatches / Fitness Trackers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Lanx Lanx GTR2 problems: For the 1 millionth time I’ve pressed ‘pause’ then ‘end’ after an outdoor bike trip. Also didn’t want to open phone app agps boost pre exercise, should be good no matter what? No exercise data, time or map is saved though wtf? Don’t care about the stats, but I wanted the map data, so my kid who went along could see how far we went. Fecking, feck feck. What am I doing wrong here?
the gtr2 gps is supposed to be really good, i don't bike like you but when i do walk around the hood, it looks pretty accurate and ppl have also tested it as so (maybe it's a region thing, america has better gps satelites?)

you did update it right? there was that huge update that gave alexa support (at least for the US) a few months ago

Izo

Tranny Chaser
the gtr2 gps is supposed to be really good, i don't bike like you but when i do walk around the hood, it looks pretty accurate and ppl have also tested it as so (maybe it's a region thing, america has better gps satelites?)

you did update it right? there was that huge update that gave alexa support (at least for the US) a few months ago
Yes, newest update before I went out. I think I simply misclick something when ending exercise, llike pause + end vs just end. So it doesn’t save it. I don’t know. Shouldn’t be that easy to fuck up :S

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Yes, newest update before I went out. I think I simply misclick something when ending exercise, llike pause + end vs just end. So it doesn’t save it. I don’t know. Shouldn’t be that easy to fuck up :S
i mean its pretty difficult to misclick during an exercise, if you think that might some problem you have, maybe the way youre holding the handle bars are making you hit the bottom button and somehow you swipe left, lulz.

there is a the "lock" button too to prevent this, maybe try that the next workout to rule out the misclick issue

you updated app and watch you mean right?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Lanx Lanx Any word on whether your people will make something with a glucose monitor before 2022?
probably 1 month apple releases theirs, thats pretty cool, that means no more pricking for beetus 1 ppl?

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
probably 1 month apple releases theirs, thats pretty cool, that means no more pricking for beetus 1 ppl?
We'll see how it works. I'd be fine with high-ok-low or some such. For DM2 ptt. Amazing if it works non-invasively.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If it works well enough, that's a really big deal.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Upgraded my fitbit charge 2 to fitbit charge 5 a month ago when the latter came out. No complaints.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Upgraded my fitbit charge 2 to fitbit charge 5 a month ago when the latter came out. No complaints.

Can you start the stop watch with screen always on and tell me if after 5 minutes it doesn't update until you wake the screen please

As mine and the warranty replacement have same issue, also happens after a 65 minute workout

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Can you start the stop watch with screen always on and tell me if after 5 minutes it doesn't update until you wake the screen please

As mine and the warranty replacement have same issue, also happens after a 65 minute workout
It stops ticking after 5 minutes unless i move it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Izo Izo , you got a stationary bike and use the watch? i'm gonna set up a smart trainer
02f634dd9115e31bdbbb52483113258d.png

61c7189b965dc27cd3ef23d363deefc6.png

and i'm totally in the dark on this and shit, actually i could set it up now using my gym tv and computer but it won't be in my face so i'm waiting for a tablet holder and firehd to come in.

i just remember you do biking and shit

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Anyone have a tracker they like to use for swimming? I mostly want heart rate, but if there are other fancy/fun features I'm interested.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I don't recommend this. It's one of the things I got that I was very unhappy with. Battery life sucked, charging time sucked, software sucked, and mine stopped working in under a year.
Can’t comment on the last point but my experience with the other points is the opposite.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So a comment on fitness charge 5. Its been only 11 months since I bought it and the battery has shit itself. Fucker discharges by the time evening comes around. It has lost 55% charge since I put it about 5 hours ago. Contacted support and they are looking into my options for warranty replacements though I am somewhat concerned since I did not buy it directly from Fitbit but bought it from Amazon. My fitbit 2 lasted for like 5 years. Fucking thing sucks.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
hey Izo Izo , isn't this a feature you wanted?

The Amazfit GTR 4 uses industry-leading dual-band circularly-polarized GPS antenna technology - similar to that used in the aircraft and automotive fields - so you can enjoy stronger positioning6 that's 99% as accurate as top handheld GPS locators.

Whether you're hiking a tree-covered trail or cycling to work through a congested city center, enjoy positioning that's unimpeded by environmental and multi-path interference.

*Support for the 6th satellite system will be added via OTA update.

Track GPS Movement in Real-time​

• 1Mother of God