SNES Classic - 9/29 - $80

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
That 5 year old would much rather have a switch with a huge choice of Nintendo VC titles on the go, then sit at home playing on a small box in front of the TV.

that 5-year-old is probably going to break the $80 toy let alone the $400 one...

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
that 5-year-old is probably going to break the $80 toy let alone the $400 one...

When I was 5 I wasn't playing video games. I was told to go outside and make a fort.

But we had Atari 2600's back then. Video games sucked.

spronk

FPS noob
i mean the obvious marketing solution would have been to release a SNES rom collection that runs on switch and plays 100% perfect and has all the latest tech so i fully support nintendo having two products on shelves this holiday season, because when clueless, rushed parents are confronted with $80 nintendo box or $300 nintendo box...

well, yeah, except for the fact that snes box won't actually be available anywhere except eBay I guess

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
i mean the obvious marketing solution would have been to release a SNES rom collection that runs on switch and plays 100% perfect and has all the latest tech so i fully support nintendo having two products on shelves this holiday season, because when clueless, rushed parents are confronted with $80 nintendo box or $300 nintendo box...

well, yeah, except for the fact that snes box won't actually be available anywhere except eBay I guess

Was just about to say that last part ha! :)

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It's fucking stupid to pay 80 bucks to play these games again with a small little emulator box which is the same emulation used by Nintendo which you can download. Seriously fucking ridiculous and no point to get this thing unless you are a clueless idiot when it comes to electronics and how they work, which I would assume excludes everyone on this forum.

Not to mention, these idiots should have been putting resources to VC for the Switch and launching all these games on that platform within a subscription.

It's utterly clueless fucking backwards thinking and the consumerism behind buying shit like this isn't helping force Nintendo's hand at making common sense business decisions which bring more value to gamers.

Anyone who buys this pile of shit needs to pull their head out of their ass.

Love you all, carry on.

I want a cute little SNES for the feels because I'm a pretty big faget.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think the thing is cool, but after playing all these old-ass games on emulators for years, I've come to the realization that I will play them for two and a half minutes and then lose all interest. At least with emulators, I didn't blow money on it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I think the thing is cool, but after playing all these old-ass games on emulators for years, I've come to the realization that I will play them for two and a half minutes and then lose all interest. At least with emulators, I didn't blow money on it.

I haven't played a single one of them since the originals.

Also, I havent felt good about pirating for a good number of years now. I have a lot more disposable income these days, and buying media legit is far more convenient & reliable than pirating in the current state of things.

Sign me up for Nintendo's latest cash-grab. $80 is a dinner at fucking Applebee's.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not disparaging you for buying one, simply saying I wouldn't use it for more than 10 minutes as there isn't much nostalgia for me, since I've used emulators for many years.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm not disparaging you for buying one, simply saying I wouldn't use it for more than 10 minutes as there isn't much nostalgia for me, since I've used emulators for many years.

Oh ya, I didn't think you were disparaging me. Just making my case for why I'm buying into something so silly.

Also, I have a 4 year old that I think would really like this. (And would keep his hands off MY FUCKING PS4 GAWD)

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I have a retro pie already and didn't have any plans on getting one of these SNES classics but now I will buy two just to piss off Utnayan Utnayan

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Even better: buy two of these, sell them for a profit, and buy a Switch. His head might explode.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

Also, I havent felt good about pirating for a good number of years now. I have a lot more disposable income these days, and buying media legit is far more convenient & reliable than pirating in the current state of things.

Sign me up for Nintendo's latest cash-grab. $80 is a dinner at fucking Applebee's.

What the fuck do you eat at Applebee's?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
head-exploding.jpg

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

I never pirate. I don't consider Roms from 1987 pirating.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Anything from Xbox / PS2 and above. Any game made after 1998. And all holds barred if I already bought the game anyway. Sometimes twice.

Roms are the only thing I download. Everything else I purchase anyway.

NES/SNES games can kiss my arse in purchasing again. Screw that. Shits over 20 years old.

• 1Smuggly

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So you never pirate off your own custom definition of piracy. Got it.

• 1Worf

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I pirate every damn thing I can. I'd download a car too if I could.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users