So, do you think there will be a Second American Revolution?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Highly doubt you will see ever see any type of violent revolution ever gain. People hate being "slaves to the man" but they would hate not having cellphones, internet and all the modern luxuries we have even more.

Sgt A. Capwn_sl

shitlord
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. People love to talk, but I highly doubt they would ever "rise up". Our society is way too passive aggressive

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I'd commit war crimes, but make sure I'm on the winning side so I don't get in trouble for them.

Sgt A. Capwn_sl

shitlord
I'd commit ALL the war crimes. I'd do everything they wouldn't let me do in Iraq/Afghanistan. I would buy the fuck out of a flamethrower and claymores.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
As long as the US stays the world leader, not a chance. People are way to comfy to try and go through a real revolution. If the US lost it's leadership role, there could be a minuscule chance a few politicians and some very wealthy getting guillotined, but that is still so far fetched that it's mostly fantasy.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
how about that wolfpac thing for a constitutional convention to bypass congress and write an amendment to end lobbying. what's the odds of that ever happening, cause that kind of non violent revolution would be more achievable even if far fetched.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aren't flamethrowers a pretty ineffective weapon anyway?

Why the hell would there be a revolution? Would have to be at least like 50% of the lower classes literally starving to death for such a thing to happen.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider

Why the hell would there be a revolution? Would have to be at least like 50% of the lower classes literally starving to death for such a thing to happen.
How else are we gonna cook rednecks out of their foxholes?

iannis

Musty Nester
Make way for your mega-conglomerate corporate overlords. Corporations might be people, but you can't shoot them in the face. So nah, there's not going to be any kind of bang-bang shoot those damned redcoats war.

What will happen is what is already happening. Obligatory Jefferson cautions the future about banks.

The thing about the revolutions in the ME and eastern Europe -- they are replacing systems where you actually CAN shoot a dude in the face and change things. But you know why nobody has shot the Ukrainian PM yet? Because that would only make it worse. Much worse.

Edit: And remember there was a significant portion of the population which were British Loyalists even in our Super Best War of Great Freedom. Most revolutions are instigated and carried by powerful minorities. If that happens in America it's called domestic terrorism and that revolution will not be televised.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Depends on how you use them. They work great for killing enemies that are holed up in enclosed spaces, because it eats up the oxygen really quick and suffocates them. But yeah, if you're thinking of charging a hill with it, it's a poor choice.