So, do you think there will be a Second American Revolution?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Not going to be a revolution in an America where the "poor" all have flat screens and an obesity problem. Things have to get a *lot* worse for something like that. There have been revolutions for ideological reasons, the original American revolution was one of them, but the population is way to fat and happy to throw it all away for something like that these days.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Not going to be a revolution in an America where the "poor" all have flat screens and an obesity problem. Things have to get a *lot* worse for something like that. There have been revolutions for ideological reasons, the original American revolution was one of them, but the population is way to fat and happy to throw it all away for something like that these days.
Are you saying if we take away enough flat screens we might get to see a real life Ogre Wall in Washington DC?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There will never be a revolution as long as the poor are kept happy with welfare, food stamps, and other social programs from the government. The lower middle class doesn't want to lose what they have which is an ok life and anyone above them could give two shits as long as they can play xbox and go out to dinner.
If you think the people above "lower middle class" are the ones content with playing xbox and eating out, you're a bit off target.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was confused by that statement as well.

Also, you're all now confirmed terrorists. Prepare for drone strikes.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Are you saying if we take away enough flat screens we might get to see a real life Ogre Wall in Washington DC?
Ha! I forgot about ogre walls. We actually tried that on Tunare once. Don't recall that it worked worth a damn but it was very entertaining.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Right that was my thought... I voted yes, but not from a "Fuck Ya! "murica" stand point but more from a concerned one. As years pass by the more convinced I am that eventually the mudslinging going on between the two sides of the coin will spill over into violence. Not sure if it'll be in a decade or a century but I do believe this polarization the big boys in government and the corporations seem to feed on, is going to come back and bite us all in the ass. And the military would be interesting because I honestly think you have a spread of ideologies there just like any other place...

iannis

Musty Nester
Ha! I forgot about ogre walls. We actually tried that on Tunare once. Don't recall that it worked worth a damn but it was very entertaining.
We did a tunare ogre wall. It sort of worked. But basically we just decided to zerg her ass inside the tree the next time we killed her, I think.

I remember it taking about an hour for the monks to get her pulled right, and then her pathing reset and we were all like, "Fuck this. IT WILL BE FASTER TO RE-LEVEL"

Kamikaze wizards is a large part of what made EQ special.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
The real malefactors of great wealth are 1.0x10^-7 of the world's population. With the way banking is set up, their wealth is too amorphous, fungible for them to be held accountable. I expect more American herbivore males, a 4 year degree's roi to decrease, and one heroic horatio alger boot strap story about a rags-to-doctor story to prove the American Dream is alive on Fox News. The sheer lack of aggregate demand (people or government buying shit) will continue for the next 10 years, depressing the employment opportunities. So many fucking Americans will have enough money to afford a good night of drinking once in a while, but effectively be living paycheck to paycheck. Expect more STEMlords in the service sector

Chesire_sl

shitlord
With the proverbial 3 days of food and water on the shelves , any hostilities will be short and brutal .

Saw some militant dick whack , years ago as a guest squeaker at a gun show. During his Q/A session , asked him what his logistics looked like for his alleged million man army. Food ? Water ? Transport ? What happens when a fuel air explosive bomb is dropped on your gathering ? Going to push the reset button and start over ? He was beyond purple faced raging angry when the crowd laughed at his buffoonery.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Are you predicting some sort of mass uprising in 2014 or are you just posting a flurry of pointless posts as per usual?

The most likely outcome of this will be issues with EU membership and internal strife within Italy on a political level that will lead to reforms that are long overdue.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
All the bleeding hearts have ADHD and can only focus on a "hot topic" for about 15 minutes before they forget about it and move on.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
??

rrr_img_54098.gif

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are a number of disturbing trends that do have to be dealt with on a word wide scale. Global warming, overpopulation, diminishing resources, and even things like antibiotics becoming ineffective, etc. We have been able to overcome the issues so far but they will continue to put a strain on governments at all levels for decades to come.

Will those factors help push the US into another civil war? /shrug no one really fucking knows. I don't see it happening personally, at least not in my lifetime. But things change, and sometimes very quickly. A recent example is the fall of Soviet Russia. That happened extremely fast and a lot sooner than any "expert" predicted.