So, do you think there will be a Second American Revolution?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The EU cracking is to be expected. They didn't succeed at becoming powerful enough to balance the US and now the non-shitty parts of Europe are having their economy drug into the toilet by the shitty parts and getting no benefit.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
There are a number of disturbing trends that do have to be dealt with on a word wide scale. Global warming, overpopulation, diminishing resources, and even things like antibiotics becoming ineffective, etc. We have been able to overcome the issues so far but they will continue to put a strain on governments at all levels for decades to come.

Will those factors help push the US into another civil war? /shrug no one really fucking knows. I don't see it happening personally, at least not in my lifetime. But things change, and sometimes very quickly. A recent example is the fall of Soviet Russia. That happened extremely fast and a lot sooner than any "expert" predicted.
take global warming right outta that "concern" bit.

2 reasons.

reason 1- no global warming -trend- currently- for 17 years and alot of papers are coming out saying that the temps are going to go down slightly- probably for the next 20ish years(if the cyclical format is correct- ~30years steady to rising temps, then ~30 years of steady to dropping temps,. then repeat.

reason 2 most experts say that up to 2 degrees of warming would be Benefitial to the planet- more food, more crops etc with minor setbacks, it is only beyond 2 degrees that the downside- supposedly- starts-even then we don't know how bad and if the rate of global warming maintains its LONG term trend (ie 100 year trend) it's going to take another 200 years to get to 2 degrees.(celcius that is not farenheit- "long" term trend is ~0.7degree c in the past 130ish years, so another 0.13c will take- if the overall time stays the same, about 250ish years)

as for a revolution- only if the armed forces get fed up and revolt enmasse (half to 3/4th of all armed forces)- otherwise, it'd be moot, the rebels would lose to not having the military (ie all the weapons)on their side.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
And if you want to know why:

-We're running out of water. Groundtable in California is dropping like a stone.
-We're running out of fish.
-We're running out of bees.
-We're running out of power. EPA war on Coal combined with the ineffective bird-killing bullshit that is Windpower/Solarpower has resulted in energy prices that keep going up and up.
-We're running out of jobs. Between computer driven cars. Amazon Drones. Industrial 3D printers. and Automated Fast Food places. There won't be jobs for 1/2 the country in thirty years or less.
-Politically more divided than ever.

And we've got a lot of guns.

Basically we're pretty fucked. Find your lost corner of Montana/Colorado/Whatever and build yourself a cabin.

Chesire_sl

shitlord
I think there will be an increasing amount of disasters . To the point where responder and capital exhaustion occur . Resulting in things like hurricanes , tornadoes , fires , blizzards etc causing instant and permanent third world conditions across the states. Along with cheery signs like 'jobless men keep moving , we can't take care of our own' springing up around still functional places.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The EU cracking is to be expected. They didn't succeed at becoming powerful enough to balance the US and now the non-shitty parts of Europe are having their economy drug into the toilet by the shitty parts and getting no benefit.
Their GDP is almost as large as that of US and their currency is quite solid. I think EU will have some major changes but it wont crack. It's here to stay, especially now that the petrodollar is waning.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, I think the EU will continue. Germany gains more out of the bargain than Greeks and Italians can steal. I expect there will be a decades long evolution into something approaching a final form. Geopolitics is a lot like pokemon.

But that's why the American Republic works, the benefits to membership outweigh the costs. Sure, New York City could secede and rule the continent with an iron fist... for about five years until the rest of us burned it to the ground.

New York City should secede.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, I think the EU will continue. Germany gains more out of the bargain than Greeks and Italians can steal. I expect there will be a decades long evolution into something approaching a final form. Geopolitics is a lot like pokemon.

But that's why the American Republic works, the benefits to membership outweigh the costs. Sure, New York City could secede and rule the continent with an iron fist... for about five years until the rest of us burned it to the ground.

New York City should secede.