So, I'm dying...

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Hello Tracy,
First let me say I am sorry for your loss, Gravy was a great person from what I knew of him. As you will find buried in the PMs, I have a very good idea the pains dealt with and the worries and concerns he was dealing with. So when say I am both so sad but also happy for him you will understand I mean that in only the most respectable way a person can. I wish you and the family nothing but the best in the times ahead.

-Alex/Olebass
I understand from whence you come, Olebass. Please know if there is any information about cardiac care or insurance issues or SSD, I am a surprising wealth of knowledge and will be happy to assist you.
Know too that Hospice was a god-send and the dignity of him dying at home in his own space in his own clothes and surrounded by his things was indeed a blessing.

For the other men in here, please take care of yourselves, enjoy things in moderation and don't smoke. Cigarettes are evil evil evil and seek the ruin of your soul....they also make widows and I can tell you, being one is no fun.
Dammit, crying again. Are you sure you guys can handle this much emotion?!

Thanks to those of you who are protective of my sensibilities; I am a bit raw right now emotionally so I appreciate the oversight. That being said, from some of you who would perhaps take advantage of someone you believe to be vulnerable, cheap shots are really unattractive. It's bad enough in innerweb land but if that is how some of you behave in real life, you will end up friendless and loveless and that is pathetic and perhaps worthy of only pity.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
A "couple" of these guys live in their parents basement so don't worry. By couple I mean anywhere between 2 and the entire forum population.

Ryanz

<Banned>
I didn't know Gravy or read his posts (not really a sports person), but he is one of us and from what I can tell by everyone's post's, he was a good person. Really sorry for your loss
frown.png
I'll pour one out for him.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
A "couple" of these guys live in their parents basement so don't worry. By couple I mean anywhere between 2 and the entire forum population.
Damn Noods, you have a wife and kid with you in your mom's basement? That's rough.

Mrs. Gravy, are you going to make a boat of Gravy gravy with his ashes and pour it out at his place of choosing?

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Damn Noods, you have a wife and kid with you in your mom's basement? That's rough.

Mrs. Gravy, are you going to make a boat of Gravy gravy with his ashes and pour it out at his place of choosing?
Well, most of him is heading for the earth in the cemetery in which I played as a child (the land adjoins my parents' land). Out of his love for me, we chose a place that is a happy one for me; the cemetery grounds also backs into woods where I still hike and in the Springtime, mushroom hunt.

Parts of him will be going to special places, I haven't decided on all of them yet. Chimayo, NM is one, Knob Noster state park in MO likely one and maybe Door County WI. All special places for us.

Do you guys have your end of life plans in order? I mean I know some of you are not even a quarter century yet but if you have a family - you really should think about it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do you guys have your end of life plans in order? I mean I know some of you are not even a quarter century yet but if you have a family - you really should think about it.
My end of life plan: Have my body placed into a casket and fired on a trajectory that will take it out of the solar system and eventually, millions of years hence, be drawn in by the supermassive black hole in the galactic core. Barring that, I'd like my remains to be shot on a trajectory that will cause them to be incinerated by the sun.

Since my family could never in a million years afford that, I want to be burned on a funeral pyre, not in a furnace, and I want the urn with my ashes in it dropped into the Challenger Deep.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Sorry for your loss Mrs Gravy. He was definitely one of the best of us and I will miss his posts. My wife isn't as healthy as me so I hope I'm the typical male statistic and she decides where to dump the ashes. Sad times and I'm glad that hospice gave you two a better ending than it could have been.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well, most of him is heading for the earth in the cemetery in which I played as a child (the land adjoins my parents' land). Out of his love for me, we chose a place that is a happy one for me; the cemetery grounds also backs into woods where I still hike and in the Springtime, mushroom hunt.

Parts of him will be going to special places, I haven't decided on all of them yet. Chimayo, NM is one, Knob Noster state park in MO likely one and maybe Door County WI. All special places for us.

My EoL plan is try to die in a terrible accident doing something really fast in a few years.

Oldbased

> Than U
My end of life: Roughly half of my ashes are to be spread in a place in the Smokey Mountains where earlier in my life I had hiked at the time all but about 17 miles of trails. The other half sent to sea, which I consider the last frontier of Earth.
Other than that I have asked no service but so did my brother who died in 2007 and grandmother who died last August and we ended up doing a service for both due to demand and logistics, although the grandmother was graveside. If I had chose to be buried that would be the way to do it as we were in and out in a hour and it didn't drag on with the bullshit greetings and smiles while you really feel like shit inside people have to go through.

I really don't worry much about that stuff though, I spend the vast majority of my time worrying about people that literally depend on me to survive themselves, including my pets even.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Rest in peace delicious liquid topping. I hate to admit it but I'll root for the Chiefs too.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Hope he's laughing his ass off, leading Ben Franklin's doped up noob ass through a Nagafen raid while eating Escoffier prepared Monte Cristo's.

He's back on the original noows with a really early registration rate, going to be calling us '25ers and shit. Asshole. I bet I already have 40 negs there and he knows the Eagles aren't going to win shit before I die.

Beef

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sorry for your loss. I always enjoyed Gravy's posts in the sports threads even if he was Chiefs fan. As a Broncos fan, I feel a little dirty wearing this avatar on purpose but Gravy was a good guy, I'll wear it with pride.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I'm not so sure it's a good idea for Mrs. Gravy to stick around too long. It might diminish her memories of her husband to witness the degenerate lowlife he frequently associated with.