So Los Angeles sucks

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I'm normally pretty forgiving of new places, but this city is just hell. I've been here since Monday (it's currently Thursday night) and I'm sure if I gave it a little more time or had the opportunity to see more of it then my opinion would mellow a bit, but the downtown area is awful. There's no shade anywhere, bums and skateboarders on every corner, and everything costs twice what it should.

The only silver lining has been some pretty good food. Cheap ramen in little tokyo, VERY expensive sushi in downtown, and some reasonably good but overpriced sausages from some bar a friend took me to.

So yeah, can't wait to get the fuck out of here tomorrow so the quakes can start.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Downtown LA is lame. It's getting better, but it's still lame. My favorite communities are probably the beach communities, but I've had a lot of fun in Silver Lake.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, when people say they love living in LA I have to wonder why. It's a shithole where the only redeeming factor is the weather.

I'd take San Diego, Orange or Ventura counties over it any day.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
LA is like 20 different cities. If you only hung around downtown you did not see much of it. And West LA/Beach Cities are the best part. Source: I live in Hermosa Beach.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, maybe it was just downtown. I was never so happy to get home though.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I've only been to Los Angeles once because I was cycling from San Francisco to LA and I couldn't stand it. Complete sensory overload.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
No one wants to be in downtown. There are tons and tons of better places.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I'm gonna assume you were near Pershing Square or near "downtown" where no one lives at all except the homeless.

Vinen

God is dead
I've only been to Los Angeles once because I was cycling from San Francisco to LA and I couldn't stand it. Complete sensory overload.
No shit.

I felt like it was just a giant urban area. Much less a typical city.

Spent the majority of my time in Rowland Heights. (My Host was Asian)

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
1) It's better if you are rich, obviously

2) Lived in Long/Huntington Beach for a long time and I loved it but I am poor so, back to 1

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Having been here for 8 years now, this is a really weird city. Everything is spread WAY the fuck out and really if you live in West LA, you have no real reason to go east of Culver City. It's totally an overdone caricature of itself that I somehow severely dislike but know that when I move to San Diego, I'll miss.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
LA is towards the bottom of my list of places I want to visit. Vegas is down there too.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I'm gonna assume you were near Pershing Square or near "downtown" where no one lives at all except the homeless.
I was at the Westin Bonaventure, which was apparently just a short ride from Little Tokyo since that's where I spent most of my free time.

And yes, there were vagrants every goddamn place.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Downtown LA is on the come-up, I'd suggest buying down there now if you can. The place will look completely different in 5 years as long as the real estate market doesn't tank again, 12 new condo towers and about another 20-25 other projects. Probably 15,000 or so new housing units with all the amenities that will be put in to support it. I'm going to buy a unit or two in the first tower we're working on which should close late 2016/early 2017.

As far as visiting now, whoever just stuck you downtown and by Little Tokyo is an idiot. The Core is where it's at, everything around Ace Hotel is bitching. One or two nights there then West LA or South Bay for the rest of the time.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Well, the Bonaventure hosted the conference so that's where I was staying. I think next year they're moving the whole thing to Toronto.