So Los Angeles sucks

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There are a ton of startups popping up in LA as well. The tech sector is growing big time there.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Google should move to a shitty part of America because their employees basically have to live inside the Google building so whats the point of being in a nice place anyways

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Ingoring SpaceX are they inflated incomes. Are they "Googler" salaries.

Part of the reason behind house inflation are a rapid influx of "rich" people.

Are there other places that pay the salaries (I assume) SpaceX does. Example: Entry level positions paying 120K+ at Google.
I know plenty of people living in SF working for big corporate firms whose standard of living is lower than mine in Atlanta on dramatically less pay. Housing out there is just ludicrous. It's part of what keeps me from pursuing jobs out west very much. 2 bedroom rent at $3400+ per month? Lol no, that's 3x the mortgage on my house.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Google should move to a shitty part of America because their employees basically have to live inside the Google building so whats the point of being in a nice place anyways
Aren't they starting up a fairly major operation in Boulder?

Sterling

El Presidente
I know plenty of people living in SF working for big corporate firms whose standard of living is lower than mine in Atlanta on dramatically less pay. Housing out there is just ludicrous. It's part of what keeps me from pursuing jobs out west very much. 2 bedroom rent at $3400+ per month? Lol no, that's 3x the mortgage on my house.
That's how it is in western North Dakota too and it's not like there's a beach or anything nearby!

Sterling

El Presidente
Sounds to me like the only people making real cash are the rentiers who are sucking up all that sweet property money.
Have a bunch of young transitory guys here for the oil boom making decent money and there not being any expansion allowed in Williston results in this nonsense. It's slowing down now though with the collapse of oil prices.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
I'm moving out of LA after almost 5 years here.

Yeah the beach is good, the weather is nice; but man this city drains you. Rent is super high (not like we have lots of land right, oh wait we do), traffic is abysmal, the air and water are just polluted.

Mind you, I've lived in the valley, the south bay, long beach and even weho for a while and I fucking hate really having to take the car everywhere and look for parking. I'm done with this.

Vinen

God is dead
I'm moving out of LA after almost 5 years here.

Yeah the beach is good, the weather is nice; but man this city drains you. Rent is super high (not like we have lots of land right, oh wait we do), traffic is abysmal, the air and water are just polluted.

Mind you, I've lived in the valley, the south bay, long beach and even weho for a while and I fucking hate really having to take the car everywhere and look for parking. I'm done with this.
GM shat over the cities hope for Public Transportation as well.

Given the quality of the Air its not like the Bike Lanes being added will help.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Found what might very well be my dream job listed online yesterday.

Location? Fucking LA.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
What is the location of the Utopia you currently reside at Vinen? I could probably go through your post history but then I'd want to kill myself afterwords for the time I wasted if your posts in this thread are any indication of your overall posting quality.

Vinen

God is dead
What is the location of the Utopia you currently reside at Vinen? I could probably go through your post history but then I'd want to kill myself afterwords for the time I wasted if your posts in this thread are any indication of your overall posting quality.
I pretty much just shitpost. This is known.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Pretty much everything Vinen has been saying is nonsense. He apparently thinks LA is a 3rd world country with no jobs and everything is super expensive.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Found what might very well be my dream job listed online yesterday.

Location? Fucking LA.
Depending on where the job location is in LA it honestly might not be bad at all. It could even be...enjoyable. The thing visitors hate about LA is the traffic and driving and all that. Which is understandable. But you won't be doing much of that when you live there. If you live in Marina del Rey, you rarely leave Marina del Rey because it has all the things you need. It's like that with almost any area.

However, there are many locations in LA that are shitty and if where the job is sucks it might not be worth it. Because fuck living more than five miles away from where you work in LA. I don't know how some people deal with the commute.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I live in Valencia and drive into Beverly Hills. With Waze it's about an hour each way and lets me listen to the podcasts I like, don't really mind it anymore. I'll probably have an office downtown next year and will take the train everyday so I can work instead as well. Just need to figure out what works for you.

I did live in Marina Del Rey for 9 years, would have never left if I didn't have kids. Love that place.