Soccer 2013-2014

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Fuck, Spurs have been some lucky shits so far this year. Ridiculous by Paulinho there.

City fans singing for Moyes, LOL.....

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't watch much Man United games but is that a run of the mill performance by Ashley Young? He was shocking.

PKS

N00b
Standard performance for Young. Common opinion amongst United fans that he shouldn't be any where near the pitch in big games, but if hes the selection over Nani/Giggs/somedudelikeWelbeckoutwide then I guess theres some other reasons to it. Oh that was a shit match!

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Interesting response fromDi Canio yesterday. I suspect he'll survive this poor startfor a while, especially considering how much backing the board gave him in the summer but he could be in trouble in another 6 weeks or so.
I see I haven't lost my prediction skills...

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Man Utd starting Giggs and Jones in midfield against Liverpool.

This has the potential to get nasty for Utd.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Suarez played great, LFC lose. Football.

Arsenal about to go into extra time w/ WBA. Can't find a good stream, but listening to it is awful - can only imagine watching it is worse. Pretty bad when the only player announcers seem to gush over is B52.

Edit** Win on pk's. Happy for the kids - they put in a real shift, and 9 changes from the weekend was always going to be tough against a BPL side. Chelski in the next round is great - Chelski's cup squad might be better than their starting 11.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Giggs and Jones played better than I thought they would in midfield actually

However, it does highlight the lack of quality midfield options Utd have when they have to play a centre half and a 39 year old there. Anderson is just bumming a living off Utd now when Jones gets selected ahead of him for midfield.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
ManU didn't deserve the win but that's life. Giggs did outrun Gerrard IMO which speaks pretty poorly to say the least.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
It's the league cup.. not exactly the most important matches.

And Liverpool were playing a 3-5-2 formation, which didn't suit them at all.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
And Liverpool were playing a 3-5-2 formation, which didn't suit them at all.
With the players we have this formation in my opinion is what we should be using the most, otherwise you are leaving out 2 of Agger/Skrtel/Sakho/Toure for players that are worse. Our biggest issue is that without Coutinho holding onto the ball at the top of the midfield it makes Lucas and Gerrard very immobile as the game goes on without good possession figures.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Half time in the Spurs vs Chelsea match...

....trying.. to.. suppress.... expectation....

Refusing to get carried away...

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fucking LOL @Joe Hart. Villa are a decent side this season - that FK was brilliant.

EDIT* Nastasic and Jovetic both look terrible this half.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
LOL, you gotta love what Moyes is doing to ManU. Redcafe in total meltdown. ....

PKS

N00b
In times like this I'd just ignore the hate and say "In Fergie I/we trust". And it would come good, every time, year after year. We have nothing to trust Moyes over, so, feelings are pretty mixed up. But Fergie did depart, hand picked Moyes and instructed fans to give put faith in the new manager even if things don't like as rosy. So, in effect, back to the first point. Unless like some reds who suggest SAF should have had no real final say in choosing his successor.