Soccer 2013-2014

darkseid_sl

shitlord
Bayern's playstyle under Pep, is pretty much a copy/paste of Barcelona's, as this video shows.

bayern pep - Video Dailymotion
Ru209JV.jpg

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
ManU is so hilariously bad, it's brilliant. Hoping for the relegation zone

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
You have to like Rodgers saying that we need to play better even with the ease of the win for LFC. Our 2nd half displays have just not been good enough. Suarez and Sturridge together are going to score a shit load of goals, can't wait to see Coutinho in the hole behind them.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Another taste of the top spot, though probably won't last beyond tonight's matches.
As typical this season, great first half but switched off in the second. The conceded goal was pretty weak and Palace had quite a few other chances gifted to them. Still, a win is a win. Sturridge and Suarez seem to be living up to all the hype about their partnership. Bet Madrid is glad they spent 80m on Bale so he can sit out injured while Suarez just continues to bang in goals.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I was pretty disappointed that Liverpool lost to Southampton, but now I see that it's not so bad to lose to a top 4 team!

Fazana_sl

shitlord
During the quiet period (or internationals week as it's now known) give this a try. Don't send me hatemail when you "just one more match" until the early hours though!

Football Chairman Lite

A very lightweight footy manager-ish game with the twist being you are the chairman and run the business side of things whilst the manager you hire makes a dogs breakfast of running your team. It's almost progress-quest with a footy theme at times but a) it's free to try (you can pay IAP for extra money if you are a cheating dog!) and b) a great toilet/work timewaster. Android and IOS.

I failed to get the Numpties out of the 7th tier of football in my first season, I'll be back!

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I'm not entirely sure about that, it could be a pretty good Peter Ridsdale simulator if you give in to your managers every transfer demand.

The previous fucker I had kept wanting to buy attackers, even when he already had 6 or so around the same skill and didn't seem to want to strengthen our defence >.< I'm on my 3rd manager now after that tosspot finally left for the greener pastures of the mighty Wrexham. After 6 seasons I'm in the top tier of the non-league and regularly packing over 1000 idiots into my miniscule ground. Down to my last 10k and so can't afford to develop the ground more or bump up the academy or training facilities, hope we finish high up for some prize money!

faille

Molten Core Raider
Depressing time for soccer down under. Despite having qualified for Brazil, just suffered back to back 6-0 losses. Admittedly against Brazil and France, but the performance was pretty pathetic and ended up with the coach getting the sack. Here's hoping we can find a good replacement that can setup us up to be competitive at the finals.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
My Polish friend pretty excited with the important WC qualifier match between England vs Poland tomorrow with England needing to win at Wembley to go to Brasil as group winners so he is begging me to go to the match with him...

I don't know why I bother /sigh

It's hard to gather optimism for the England team at the moment

Oh well, at least I will get to see live at how awful England are

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
England may not look good atm, but Poland on the other hand is just terribad. With nothing to gain at this match they could quite possibly end up stumbling over their feet in the box and causing a penalty against them.

PKS

N00b
Where's the spirits Fazana? Was a good game afterall! Cept after they took off a holding midfielder when holding a 1-0 lead. Carrick probably started his last competitive match in an England shirt! Bye bye fellah, the love for Lamps/Gerrard combo will swiftly return come 2014WC. Townsend was cracking for 45 minutes, probably another guy for the bench in WC14!

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I listened to it on Five Live for a while and heard the first goal go in but I didn't bother tuning in again for the second half. I've just lost all faith and interest in the England national team, they've beaten it out of me after squandering so much potential for so long. As daft as it sounds I don't think I ever really got over 2002 although 2010 was certainly the nail in the coffin for abject disgrace. I haven't watched a full England match since the 2010 World Cup.

Oh well, maybe by next summer all the flags flying outside houses and on cars will get me in the mood!

In the meantime, go Forest & Arsenal! They both should bag an easy three points at home this weekend.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
After my mostly gloomy last post, here's a cheerful one!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-24555555

tl;dr - A grandad walks into William Hill and bets ?50 at 2500/1 that his 18 month old grandson will one day play for Wales. Said 18 month old grew up and last night, at the grand old age of 16 years and 207 days Harry Wilson became Wales' youngest ever player and earned his Grandad ?125,000
biggrin.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Cool for his Grandad but in reading RAWK and some other sites it sounds like he was called up for reasons other than being ready to play, which not even being in LFC's U21 team would seem to indicate.

5am PST start for LFC game this Saturday, always fun ones to try to get up for.....

faille

Molten Core Raider
Cool for his Grandad but in reading RAWK and some other sites it sounds like he was called up for reasons other than being ready to play, which not even being in LFC's U21 team would seem to indicate.

5am PST start for LFC game this Saturday, always fun ones to try to get up for.....
On the bright side, I won't have to stay up too late in order to watch it!

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I presumed it was allegedly because England had inquired about his availability as well. Once you've played a competitive match for a country you can't change nationalities.

At least that's how it used to work, god knows if the lawyers have managed to change that one.

I'm with Wilshire on this one (once he had clarified his remarks) passport shoppers suck donkey balls. I'm old enough to remember the Zola Budd fiasco.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Real Football's back and a good chance for us to go top of the table, for a while at least!