Soccer 2014 - 2015

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Klopp and BVB confirming that he'll leave the club at the end of this season. Just don't want to see him at ManC though in the short term it may help as he'll want to tear down almost that entire squad. Figure they'd go backwards for the first year though then again they have so much money it shouldn't be hard to buy a decent starting 11 that Klopp would want.
So you don't want to win two championships and see the CL finals, especially after you got eliminated four times in the last four years in the round of 16 or even sooner already.
Some people just hate success I guess.

Klopp is the very opposite of a "in the short term" coach.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Knowing Levy, I wouldn't put it past him to fire Pochettino and hire Klopp when the season ends.

This, I am okay with actually.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
was the keeper sent off at least?
No.

So you don't want to win two championships and see the CL finals, especially after you got eliminated four times in the last four years in the round of 16 or even sooner already.
Some people just hate success I guess.

Klopp is the very opposite of a "in the short term" coach.
First, if you're going to question what someone wants for their team then at least make sure you know who they root for. I'm not a ManCity fan so no, I don't want to see Klopp at that club as I think he's a great manager. With that said Klopp talks about needing the full passion of the fans behind him so ManC would be horrible in that regards, they're just behind Chelski in their plasticness. That's why so many see him as a good fit for LFC as it's about as passionate a fan base as you will find the in the EPL but I don't think any manager would have done better with a squad with no strikers for a whole year so I'd like to see Rodgers get one more crack at it assuming we get an elite goal scorer into the squad.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Pretty fair to say that a team that can't break down West Brom probably doesn't deserve to be in the champions league. Just so frustrating that the other teams have given us so many chances but we've just failed to take advantage.

Not sure what we'll do for strikes next season. Hopefully Sturridge will be fit, but he's so fragile we can't rely on him. That makes it hard to get a top one who may end up playing 2nd fiddle to him. We do have Origi coming in who seems pretty talented but who knows how long it will take him to adapt, if at all. What to do with balotelli is another tough question. Obviously he's had a shit season and done pretty much nothing, but maybe it just takes a year to adapt to a new team and he'll come out firing next season. Even Suarez struggled in his first six months at the club before switching to beast mode (see what I did there?!). I'd be ok with giving mario another season to see if it happens, albeit as a backup / plan b.

Same logic could apply to Lovren who's had a pretty average season as well but I don't think buying more defenders will fix that area. Changing the formation / tactics have proven to be far more effective, and so maybe a little more stability on top will settle the back. Full backs are actually fine for the first time in ages. Don't really mind losing Johnston, since we'll have flannagan back fit, and wisdom back from loan.

Midfield is probably where we need some real bolstering though.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Pretty fair to say that a team that can't break down West Brom probably doesn't deserve to be in the champions league. Just so frustrating that the other teams have given us so many chances but we've just failed to take advantage.

Not sure what we'll do for strikes next season. Hopefully Sturridge will be fit, but he's so fragile we can't rely on him. That makes it hard to get a top one who may end up playing 2nd fiddle to him. We do have Origi coming in who seems pretty talented but who knows how long it will take him to adapt, if at all. What to do with balotelli is another tough question. Obviously he's had a shit season and done pretty much nothing, but maybe it just takes a year to adapt to a new team and he'll come out firing next season. Even Suarez struggled in his first six months at the club before switching to beast mode (see what I did there?!). I'd be ok with giving mario another season to see if it happens, albeit as a backup / plan b.

Same logic could apply to Lovren who's had a pretty average season as well but I don't think buying more defenders will fix that area. Changing the formation / tactics have proven to be far more effective, and so maybe a little more stability on top will settle the back. Full backs are actually fine for the first time in ages. Don't really mind losing Johnston, since we'll have flannagan back fit, and wisdom back from loan.

Midfield is probably where we need some real bolstering though.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bayern just got eliminated in semifinals for the German Cup by Klopp.

Penalty shootout, they missed all four shots.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Don't understand how players that good can miss 4 times in a row like that, kind of disgraceful. Which would also describe LFC's performance today, really worried for Rodgers now at this point. Shit strikers or not you can't be getting outdone by Pulis, Sherwood and Bruce.

At least Barca was on......

faille

Molten Core Raider
I can only assume that having given up on making it into the Champions League spots, Rodgers is desperately trying to get out of the Europe League ones.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Robben pulled hamstring, Lewy got a concussion. Badstuber and Ribery won't recover, either. Bayern may have to field some amateurs from the B-team if this keeps up.

update: Robben actually rekt his whole upper leg muscle, lewy fractured jaw and nose. Season's over for both of them.

Video | Sportschau live | ARD Mediathek

does this link work outside Germany?

faille

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure Man U are just trolling Liverpool now. dropping points only to do enough to stay head. Like dangling a string in front of a cat.

PKS

N00b
Chelsea won today, wrapping the league up. Grats to them I guess. Are we supposed to be giving Mourinho any praise?

Hopefully they don't take it easy next week........

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I just wanted to pop in, to say to our Germans readers, go DIAF.
Messi, Neymmar, Mascherano, Douglas, Rafinha, basically all of south america will have his revenge against Schweinsteiger and Co.

PKS

N00b
Seen some good performances from Vidal today, Veratti monstrous the other day as well. Guess United will buy Bale instead. >.<

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Really surprised how good the game was today, really fun to watch. Lets hope tomorrow lives up to the hype.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Seen some good performances from Vidal today, Veratti monstrous the other day as well. Guess United will buy Bale instead. >.<
You have Fellaini, that's all you need...

rm342f.jpg