Soccer 2014 - 2015

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I fucking hope, that they will actually show some hard evidence, and throw out those corrupt pieces of shits in FIFA.
I believe you have to convince a federal grand jury to get an indictment when the US government moves forward with federal charges. Evidence and testimony is required; a federal judge won't let you move forward with just probable cause.

If the US is going this far there is a good chance they are going to get proper fucked. (And that the Swiss are cooperating is also telling).

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
As long as they don't throw Blatter into a hole for the rest of his life, nothing will change.
Don Blatterone is well-liked by some people. Of course, those people have an unfortunate habit of being found guilty of corruption...

It can be hard to find the perfect way to describe Joseph ?Sepp? Blatter, the head of FIFA. The Daily Mail has called him a ?smug, self-righteous Zurich gnome.? The Guardian has called him ?the most successful non-homicidal dictator of the past century.? In April, at the annual meeting of FIFA?s North and Central American representatives, Osiris Guzman, president of Dominican Republic soccer, goes in For good measure, he adds Moses, Martin Luther King Jr., and Abraham Lincolnanother direction,comparing Blatter to Jesus Christ, Nelson Mandela, and Winston Churchill. ?Why is he different from these other men?? demands Guzman, whom FIFA banned from soccer for 30 days in a 2011 vote-buying scandal.For good measure, he adds Moses, Martin Luther King Jr., and Abraham Lincoln.
A League of His Own | Bloomberg Business

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
What's telling is they're being charged via RICO, basically these people are fucked and all of their assets will be seized unless they roll on higher ups. You didn't have to commit the crime yourself under RICO, you just had to order it or help facilitate the crime which shouldn't be hard to get Blatter with if any of these people do roll which with RICO they undoubtedly will.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
damn, going to my first match tonight and FIFA gets the hammer. Anyway, heading to watch Portland Timbers vs DC United, hopefully it will be fun. If I like it I've got an option of getting season tickets I might grab on to.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
What's telling is they're being charged via RICO, basically these people are fucked and all of their assets will be seized unless they roll on higher ups. You didn't have to commit the crime yourself under RICO, you just had to order it or help facilitate the crime which shouldn't be hard to get Blatter with if any of these people do roll which with RICO they undoubtedly will.
Four of the people charged and two of the companies have already pleaded guilty and have been co-operating with the FBI.

Elerion

N00b
This was written by some RAWK user back in August 2014.

Do Liverpool fans agree?
Pretty much agree. I predicted 5th before the season (City - Chelsea - Arse - Man U - LFC).

Obviously very disappointed with how the more established signings (Balo, Lovren, Lallana) turned out. Didn't have much hopes for Markovic and Can in the first season.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Wonder if Qatar ends up losing the World Cup, everyone thinks/believes they bribed anyone they needed to get it, not to mention no one wants to play there anyway.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wonder if Qatar ends up losing the World Cup, everyone thinks/believes they bribed anyone they needed to get it, not to mention no one wants to play there anyway.
I wish but I am skeptic like Quinloe said. They need to bring the hammer down.

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_98484.jpg

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Someone pointed it out already but RICO is no joke. To cut through the bullshit, it's basically a way of making a group of people radioactive then telling those people first one to rat out the Don gets immunity.

Right now these guys are all scrambling to rat out their bosses. And up the pyramid it goes.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Awesome morning. Reading live tweets from some journo inside the hotel this morning was a particular highlight.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
As far as LFC, the Stoke game is being used to put an exclamation point on the whole season but that's 1 out of 38 games. The writing was on the wall after that ManU game at Anfield along with Sturridge having to have surgery. My main concern in going forward is the consistent playing of players out of position during all parts of the season where it was clear it was an issue yet repeatedly doing it and the pathetic CL campaign where striker or no striker you can't be losing to Ludogrets and Basel when you compare the squads. I don't think Rodgers got the most out of his resources and now it looks like he wants to go back to his 2012/13 plan of Swansea vs. what was created with Suarez and Sturridge last year which was amazing. He wanted to sign Bony last year and supposedly now Benteke this year which are just improved Danny Grahams for them to be target men for inverted wingers to play off of. It didn't work in 2013 at LFC and I don't get why it would work now. For that reason alone I'd sack him but I guess he'll be given another year, wierd.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone pointed it out already but RICO is no joke. To cut through the bullshit, it's basically a way of making a group of people radioactive then telling those people first one to rat out the Don gets immunity.

Right now these guys are all scrambling to rat out their bosses. And up the pyramid it goes.
But was ever someone of Blatter's influence, wealth and power RICO'd?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
But was ever someone of Blatter's influence, wealth and power RICO'd?
What army does Blatter control? He just basically gives money to shit countries who then keep voting for him to be FIFA president. If there is anyway to link him to any of these wrongdoings then he'll be arrested and he can have fun with the US government instead of running FIFA.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What army does Blatter control? He just basically gives money to shit countries who then keep voting for him to be FIFA president. If there is anyway to link him to any of these wrongdoings then he'll be arrested and he can have fun with the US government instead of running FIFA.
You don't really think you need a personal army to be rich and influental, I hope...