Soccer 2014 - 2015

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
With Southampton added and Everton removed:

3sc8a9f.png

wtjXY1f.png

Everyone bar Southampton and Chelsea is below the historical 4th placed line. Weird season indeed.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Refereeing in Greece is a tough business

Matches in Greece's professional leagues have been suspended indefinitely after a referees' committee official was admitted to hospital following a violent attack. Police said 45-year-old Christoforos Zografos, the assistant director of the central refereeing committee, was beaten with wooden clubs by two men on a motorcycle in west Athens in the early hours of Friday...

Zografos, a former Fifa referee, works under the retired Scottish referee Hugh Dallas, who was appointed head of the refereeing committee in the close season after pleas from Greek clubs for a foreign official to take on the administrative role following several match-fixing scandals.
Professional football suspended in Greece after attack on referee | Football | The Guardian

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
And Sturridge is injured in training again, this season is turning into a.....

Dumpster-Fire-214x300.jpg

darkseid_sl

shitlord
Wonder who will pick up Clyne next season. He had a great season with Southampton, but there was never any talk of him being sold during the summer.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Because he was benched halfway through the season last year. Considering his age that shouldn't be a big deal but a lot of people made it out to be. He always looked better than Tubby Shaw when I watched them both play but LB is a much harder position to fill so there ya go.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
Shaw has easily been one of the best LBs in the league this season. Clyne also plays on the right, so there is no point in comparing them.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Shaw has easily been one of the best LBs in the league this season. Clyne also plays on the right, so there is no point in comparing them.
LOL? No goals, no assists, no chances created, 1 aerial duel won, 2 tackles a game, etc. etc. I'll grant that 7 games is a small sample size but at best he's just not been a liability which I suppose in comparison to ManU's average defender this year is something. I said on page 2 or something that Shaw would be viewed as way overvalued in comparison to every other LB purchase this year and so far I'm right to say the least. Isn't the BBC reporting he picked up an injury yesterday as well now?

I already mentioned that Shaw playing on the left has more to do with his value than almost anything else at this point. Clyne did play better last year, this year and even last night on the England team. Just again he's right sided which is much easier to find.

PKS

N00b
Utd's got about 8 injury doubts for the Arsenal game, (Shaw, Di Maria, Falcao, Carrick, Evans, Jones, Rafael, De Gea, Fletcher) along with the longer term injuries (Young, Blind, Rojo..). Fingers crossed because it's annoyingly all around the same position meaning the back 6 will all have to be either reserve team players or out of positioned players. Just need a few of the doubted ones to be okay although pretty likely some like Evans/Jones won't be match fit anyway. Still a few more days left for the academy defenders to get injured in training however.

PKS

N00b
Be nice to Shaw Brando, he's only just started a run of games and his last 2 matches were excellent. When you want to make comparisons with him, now isn't the time.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I just said 7 games is a small sample size but to say he's beenEASILYamong the best LB's in the league or has been excellent is ridiculous. ManC he had 1 tackle and 1 dribble and against CP he actually had a shot, you're setting the bar pretty low and would have to include half the LB's in the league as at that level or above then.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
What makes you think I haven't? ManU lately has usually been on at prime morning time in the US when there are no other sports on, I've probably watched more ManU than LFC in the last 4 weeks as getting up at 5am to be bored to death isn't that appealing.

Edit: Look, try explaining why you think that's your statement is correct. I'd guess you couldn't come up with anything other than he hasn't made a serious mistake in 2 games.

PKS

N00b
Shaw get's injured, keeping up with the United bad luck trend. Never seen such an injury debacle in all my life from any team. An average injury once every 3 days.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Congrats with winning with 2 shots on target against a team playing Nacho Monreal as a CB, one of the most undeserved wins I've seen all season. 3 points is 3 points though, regardless of anything else.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Congrats with winning with 2 shots on target against a team playing Nacho Monreal as a CB, one of the most undeserved wins I've seen all season. 3 points is 3 points though, regardless of anything else.
The buthurt is strong in Liverpool at the moment?