Soccer 2017-2018

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That senile badtard started ox knowing he was off. Wenger probably never even wanted him or laca. He's keen on selling mustafi for a $10mm loss 12 months after signing him. But sure, lets use that as the barometer. Never change Faulty Armor

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
You can find examples over the years of plenty of players that kicked up a fuss for a move, didn't get it and yet still performed. These are professional athletes who should take pride in their trade. I don't fault Wenger for starting Ox, more that why even start him as a RWB when Bellerin is a natural RWB and that fatty Kola is a natural LWB?

Speaking of Kola, is he Luke Shaw's long lost brother or something? They look pretty similar in that they're fat as shit for soccer players.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It wouldn't have been a bid deal if say, hector or sead were injured, but given how healthy the squad is it made zero sense. He's a tank, but he seems quick enough. Actually, shaws a good comparison - talented but right on the edge between gym rat and fat Ronaldo. Anxious to see him play his position, and to see Lacazette play striker again. Whatever happens next 48 hours though won't matter - this Arsenal team is Chelski two seasons ago to a fecking tee, and will finish similar position. We're fucked with no positive end in sight. A few good players, even new manager won't change what's rotten at Arsenal

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm assuming you're speaking about the original Ronaldo? He only turned fat when he had no knees left, he's the soccer equivalent of Roy Batty basically. Could have been the greatest ever......

Maul

Dental Dammer
Not sure who I feel worse for, Liverpool signing a below average player for 40million, Arsenal for imploding and having players wanting out, or Chelsea for having a player turn them down in favour of Liverpool.

Crazy transfer window.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Considering what ManU have spent the last 3-4 years to be shit your statement is quit rich. Klopp has been very good at picking out targets so far. Lets see what he does in a red shirt first.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Considering what ManU have spent the last 3-4 years to be shit your statement is quit rich. Klopp has been very good at picking out targets so far. Lets see what he does in a red shirt first.
Please, let's not go there again, we went over spending before (last few seasons of crazyness aside) and Liverpool's wasn't far off and they have a grand total of fuck all to show for it. Didn't Rodgers spend 300 million over 2 seasons and win nothing?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Not sure who I feel worse for, Liverpool signing a below average player for 40million, Arsenal for imploding and having players wanting out, or Chelsea for having a player turn them down in favour of Liverpool.

Crazy transfer window.

Arsenal. Only Arsenal.... and it has nothing to do with Ox (a mediocre, albeit decent squad player). Chelski are having a shocking transfer window to be sure (but they strolled the league 3 months ago, lest we forget), LFC look to be losing Coutinho, and replacing him with OX & Lemar (that'd be excellent business). Arsenal though.... based on the utter bullshit I've been reading today (aka, even after selling Ox for 40mm, giving Arsenal a positive cash flow for the summer... lulz), the club have been briefing Ornstein, John Cross et al that Arsenal have no money to spend unless they sell Sanchez for big money. What the fuck does that even mean...? No money.... So the years of skint dealings in the transfer market, low wages, high ticket prices etc so Arsenal could compete in Europe - all of that was a load of bullshit.

The problems at Arsenal aren't down to players like Sanchez, or Ozil. Ox or Wilshire. They're not even a direct reflection on the manager (who I certainly think needs to go). They're down to ownership, leadership, and vision. Kroenke, Gazidis, his idiot son etc have no interest or desire to be successful on the pitch until it starts hurting the bottom line. Don't see that happening unless things get really bad, as Arsenal are one of the most valuable brands in the world (behind only City and United in England). To brief the press, the day before the end of the transfer window, when it's clear you need upgrades in several positions (at a minimum - and that's to compete for Top 4, the title wouldn't be won if they brought in Messi, prime Zidane and Tony Adams MKII with Wenger as manager) is fucking shocking, and bordering on negligence.

I do hope they sell Alexis though - 70mm seems more than fair. I'm not even arsed about the club spending it either, as I've no doubt they'll just fucking blow it on a STATSDNA retard who'll be sold in 24 months or less. Hopefully, this season will be seen as a throw away and they'll give minutes to Reiss-Nelson, Iwobi, Zelalem, and kids who have a ton to prove.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Please, let's not go there again, we went over spending before (last few seasons of crazyness aside) and Liverpool's wasn't far off and they have a grand total of fuck all to show for it. Didn't Rodgers spend 300 million over 2 seasons and win nothing?

giphy.gif

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Arsenal. Only Arsenal.... and it has nothing to do with Ox (a mediocre, albeit decent squad player). Chelski are having a shocking transfer window to be sure (but they strolled the league 3 months ago, lest we forget), LFC look to be losing Coutinho, and replacing him with OX & Lemar (that'd be excellent business). Arsenal though.... based on the utter bullshit I've been reading today (aka, even after selling Ox for 40mm, giving Arsenal a positive cash flow for the summer... lulz), the club have been briefing Ornstein, John Cross et al that Arsenal have no money to spend unless they sell Sanchez for big money. What the fuck does that even mean...? No money.... So the years of skint dealings in the transfer market, low wages, high ticket prices etc so Arsenal could compete in Europe - all of that was a load of bullshit.

The problems at Arsenal aren't down to players like Sanchez, or Ozil. Ox or Wilshire. They're not even a direct reflection on the manager (who I certainly think needs to go). They're down to ownership, leadership, and vision. Kroenke, Gazidis, his idiot son etc have no interest or desire to be successful on the pitch until it starts hurting the bottom line. Don't see that happening unless things get really bad, as Arsenal are one of the most valuable brands in the world (behind only City and United in England). To brief the press, the day before the end of the transfer window, when it's clear you need upgrades in several positions (at a minimum - and that's to compete for Top 4, the title wouldn't be won if they brought in Messi, prime Zidane and Tony Adams MKII with Wenger as manager) is fucking shocking, and bordering on negligence.

I do hope they sell Alexis though - 70mm seems more than fair. I'm not even arsed about the club spending it either, as I've no doubt they'll just fucking blow it on a STATSDNA retard who'll be sold in 24 months or less. Hopefully, this season will be seen as a throw away and they'll give minutes to Reiss-Nelson, Iwobi, Zelalem, and kids who have a ton to prove.

Supposedly it's not that there is no money it's that they can't increase their wage bill any further. EPL rules state that you cannot use the EPL TV money when calculating how much you can spend on wages, it has to come from all other sources. Now without CL TV money it sounds like they'll run afoul of that rule. Doesn't do any good to pay the transfer fee and then get points deducted for paying the players wages or whatever the penalties are supposed to be. Either that or Wenger thinks the market is way overblown and is just refusing to pay which if that's the case then why doesn't he sell Sanchez for £50m or £70m which is way above what a player his age about to be out of contract would normally be worth? It really makes no sense.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I don't know what's funnier, the above video or Maul Maul forgetting that LFC sold Suarez for 75m and Sterling for 50m during Rodgers time there

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
While also wanting to discount their spending the last couple of years.. LOL...

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On the bright side, at least their spending this year seems to have brought better (if extremely early) returns.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Are you talking about ManU? Well when you spend that kind of money eventually you'll get something right.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are you talking about ManU? Well when you spend that kind of money eventually you'll get something right.

Yes, Man U. Clearly it matters which manager is spending the money, though. Important to note it's still very early on, too.

Maul

Dental Dammer
While also wanting to discount their spending the last couple of years.. LOL...
You're the one who's infatuated with spending (when it suits you to be). It wasn't long ago that Liverpool's spending was the same as United's, except with zero to show for it. Although you're too thick to acknowledge that. I don't give a shit about spending, I just think it's funny you use it as a benchmark of success (Or lack of it in Liverpool's case).

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You're the one who's infatuated with spending (when it suits you to be). It wasn't long ago that Liverpool's spending was the same as United's, except with zero to show for it. Although you're too thick to acknowledge that. I don't give a shit about spending, I just think it's funny you use it as a benchmark of success (Or lack of it in Liverpool's case).

Doesn't care about spending but makes successive posts about it.

Accuses someone of being thick whilst failing to understand net spend.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer

I have honestly no idea what's happening at Arsenal, it's a shame as well as historically you have always challenged and played attractive football. It wasn't so long ago the rumours you were looking at a 100m bid for Mbappe, yet suddenly the money has disappeared?

Maul

Dental Dammer
Doesn't care about spending but makes successive posts about it.

Accuses someone of being thick whilst failing to understand net spend.
Net spend is irrelevant when you're discussing lolomg spending. It's always going to be in your favour since you're a selling club, all your starlets end up jaded and moving on to find success elsewhere. No one is discussing net spend either. The point was up until last season the spending wasn't that far apart, which the facts backup, But you won't acknowledge. Because you're an ignorant cunt.

Lukaku looks like an absolute bargain if ox is going for 40million.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user