Soccer 2017-2018

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Belgium going to wreck these teams.

Have you seen who is managing them and what they are trying to do? I guess stranger things have happened so far already but I'll be amazed if they play to par as I think flaming train wreck is highly possible.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol Kroos is a master-class mid field player, he just plays for RM so Brando says he is shit because his defensive effort was not on high.

Mexico has pace for days. Germany struggles to contain, not just Kroos' fault, they couldnt even score a single goal against Mexico, who concedes like a downtown hooker on most occasions, especially late. Germany could have equalized, but good for Mexico.

Ronaldo again showing he is the greatest player of all fucking time. Where are all the Ronaldo haters? Did you see his blistering pace on the ball? He even busted out a vintage step over and got a penalty out of it. Then he side foots it home cool as you like, and then the final equalizer, from just outside he box, one of the most impressive free kicks I have ever seen, on such a big stage.

He is scoring in open play, from set pieces, penalties, the guy just gets better and better its unbelievable. Surely people cannot forget that Champions League bicycle kick? He is playing with a mean streak, and it is working for him.

Meanwhile Messi is firing on 50% accuracy on penalty takes over his last 10 attempts, a horrible clip. I agree with Steve Nicol, I think he needs to concede those duties to Aguero and just fucking ball out on the pitch and let Sergio take on the added pressure. Its just too much for him.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
-For France, basically Deschamps is a fucking retard and is doing his best to shackle a team that should just be crazy offensive into stodginess and it is sad to watch.

Don't count Deschamps out yet, he's got to be the luckiest player around... It's always a facepalm worthy shitshow, but in the end he somehow wins...

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
The Volkswagon adds are too much. "We're sorry your team didn't make it, America" x1000.

I'm only here to check out the games. I'm barely interested, and your adds are annoying.

Fuck soccer. I'm done with this shitty boring tournament. I hope Mexico wins it.

I hope we nuke Berlin or wherever Volkswagon is headquartered passive aggressive fucks.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Seeing how Germany was absolutely unable to deal with the speed of the mexican team, they might also have a tough time against South Korea (as, usually, they play at break neck speed).

The SKans have a high APM count in things other than Star Craft? Who'd have though? :D

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
SK defender trucked the Sweden guy over. The refereeing has been on point this world cup.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, what are we supposed to talk about, now ?

We'll have to wait to see who all stays at Madrid, then if they beat Bayern or whoever else again in Champs League for them to invent new things to whine about.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We'll have to wait to see who all stays at Madrid, then if they beat Bayern or whoever else again in Champs League for them to invent new things to whine about.
If Zidane thought the RM had a good chance to win the CL again, he would have stayed. My guess is that Zidane believed that RM didn't have a better than the other top clubs next year, so he'd rather leave than take a 10% chance of winning again.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Have you seen who is managing them and what they are trying to do? I guess stranger things have happened so far already but I'll be amazed if they play to par as I think flaming train wreck is highly possible.

Martinez is a low-budget coach, given the team we have. It was publically stated they'd have preferred other candidates, but did not have the budget for them. I don't think he is bad though.

The team as a whole is the best we've fielded in decades. The reserves are solid enough to allow tactical substitutions, and some of the individuals (Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku) are the very best players in their position.

Courtois has recently been scouted by Real Madrid, so I am sure his motivation will be peaking, as long as it doesn't make him bitch about the defensive play, he should be at his best.

If we lose to Panama I'll uninstal internet. If Belgium doesn't grab its chance this year it will be hard to match in the future, as our golden generation will be over its peak, besides Tielemans I don't think we have any world-class players coming up.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
3-0 at 76'

I thought Panama wouldn't do as bad, but they aren't keeping up in the 2nd half, they don't have the stamina to compensate technical inferiority by defending and working hard.

Lukaku didn't even get to play physically as he got warned early in the game. If he hadn't been, he'd have bent 2 panama defenders while kicking the ball through their goalkeepers grasp.

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's opposite world cup! England shines, we suck!

lol keeper is dead, flies are already circling him. Praise that UHD video quality.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Tunesia is a great team. I'm sure they'll do well once they get an official ball to replace their inflated goat stomach.

Tunesia WC 2884!

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wow that sloppy defense.. Why didn't Walker just hammer the ball away? The Tunesian player could have easily scored from that position.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm going to tap out in their place. They don't even drink alcohol, so I can only imagine its birth defects.