Soccer/Footy 2015-2016

Maul

Dental Dammer
Shit sorry. Didn't realise this wasn't a progressive thread about the current matches of that particular day and what people thought of them.

Disallowed goal which was perfectly valid and a clearly offside goal which stood doesn't equal being robbed. Christ you are fucking delusional. At least for the next two weeks and in January you can buy some more strikers.

Elerion

N00b
The disallowed goal was correctly disallowed, however the offense in question frequently goes uncalled. Lucky break, but not a wrong decision per se.

The actual goal should have been disallowed for offside, though.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
The disallowed goal was correctly disallowed, however the offense in question frequently goes uncalled. Lucky break, but not a wrong decision per se.
That's the problem with all the corner bullshit. It really needs to be looked at and ironed out. There is so much grappling and shirt pulling that almost every corner a penalty can be called. But they won't stop until they start being called.

I do agree tho that I feel the disallowed goal was rightly disallowed even tho on any other day it might have stood. And that's the issue, there's no consistency between refs/calls.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
LFC were lucky to win against a very weak team. I think Arsenal will batter us at the back though I don't think Wengers defence will like Benteke.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Bournemouth didn't create a single chance from open play. The media narrative focuses so much on an injustice done to a smaller side that what actually happened in the game aside from that is completely ignored.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Why is everyone calling Bournmouth the weakest team in the competition? Obviously they're weaker than Liverpool and a game we should have won more comfortable at home, but they still won the championship last year, which should put them ahead of the other two promoted teams. And given how dire some of the lower down premier league teams were, such as Aston Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle, they could easily be a mid table team.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I hope so. Nothing but 3 points is required from this match especially since we lost to West Ham. I believe we will take it.
We should be able to setup similar to West Ham and play on the break with better players than them. With that said the thought of Lovren dealing with Sanchez and our history at the Emirates makes me think a draw is the best hope. We'll see.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Thought there were a lot of good games this weekend, Pulis threw away WBA chance to equal against Chelsea in my mind. ManU isn't going to score a lot this year unless Fellaini is the second coming, Neymar is coming thought right? LOL.

Div

Hrm ... apparently Koscielny has a back problem, Mertesacker is ill. So we are playing the game with 2 defenders that never played together. Suddenly I am not so sure we can win this one. Benteke/Coutinho can potentially run riot. Need Coq to not get carded until very late on. He needs to shut down Coutinho.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
0-0 half time. Cech has been brilliant. Arsenal had a good goal chalked off. Linesmen and refs being good for Liverpool so far this season. Feels sucky.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Thought there were a lot of good games this weekend, Pulis threw away WBA chance to equal against Chelsea in my mind. ManU isn't going to score a lot this year unless Fellaini is the second coming, Neymar is coming thought right? LOL.
Who said Neymar was coming? Oh right, no one said anything of the sort, the same with 99% of shit thats posted in newspapers regarding transfers.

Arsenal robbed there by the officials (again), Liverpool were shockingly poor in the second half.

Elerion

N00b
Lucky to have Arsenal's goal disallowed. Then again, Coquelin possibly should have been off and had a penalty+free kick called against him by 25 mins in. Nedd to view those again to be sure though.

Liverpool dominated most of the first half, with only an excellent Cech keeping it level. Arsenal dominated most of second.

A draw seems like the fair result.

On Liverpools players I think Benteke is a fucking revelation. Thrilled with his performance so far.
Coutinho is integral to our offensive creativity. Firmino still needs to settle in.
Skrtel and Lovren looking excellent together, with Gomez playing fantastic football for.an 18 year old. Still a bit rough in his tiki taka play.

Story of the game: Liverpool looks better without Henderson.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fair result, not too annoyed by Rambos goal not standing - more annoyed chambers wasn't loaned out this season as he's clearly miles away from football at this level. Coq excellent again as was cech... Ozil and santi both poor imo.

Gomez was good for LFC as was coutinho, really tale of two halves. Shit fucking start to season, same old same old. Can't believe we're a week from deadline day and in this position. Again. Ugh

faille

Molten Core Raider
Arsenal robbed of a legit goal, but apart from that pretty even between them. I'm happy with an away point though.
Very happy with the start to the season. Even though we're pretty much where we'd expect to be it could so easily have gone pearshaped.

Div

A draw seems like the fair result.
Fuck that. Liverpool yet again get saved by the linesmen. IMO a draw was not a fair result because we scored a goal that was wrongfully dissalowed. Both Coq tackles were spot on and while you guys had some incredible chances Cech finally reminded us all why we bought him.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'd say you're more lucky that our offensive third play hasn't gelled yet than that Ramsey's goal didn't stand. Any other team that was on it would have put at least 4 in the net with the chance Chambers and Bellerin were giving away great saves from Cech or not. I think Bellerin is still looking for where Coutinho went with the torching he got first half and Chambers on a Mourinho team would have been withdrawn after that first 45.

2nd half I think we went into a low block way too quickly and to say that we didn't miss Henderson is crazy as I think that's one of the reasons we did that. Lucas clearly didn't have the legs at that point and Rossiter isn't ready for that. The less said about Ibe's cameo the better, how Ings or Markovic haven't gotten a chance yet over what he's shown in 3 games now is kind of a head scratcher.