Soccer/Footy 2015-2016

faille

Molten Core Raider
Pretty entertaining game, so I'm sure the neautrals really enjoyed.
I feel like we gave the game away with some really soft goals, but no doubt the Arsenal fans feel like they let 3 points slip away at the end.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
All of our GK seem terrible, can't believe Migs is going to get a 5 year contract.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Pretty entertaining game, so I'm sure the neautrals really enjoyed.
I feel like we gave the game away with some really soft goals, but no doubt the Arsenal fans feel like they let 3 points slip away at the end.
Actually, after the start Arsenal had I'm relatively pleased with the draw (had City/United won mid week I'd probably be feeling a little different). Of course, conceding at the death is never fun but overall a draw was pretty fair to both teams.

One thing I'll say about Arsenal currently though, is Ramsey has no business anchoring a midfield 2. He's good going forward, but has absolutely zero discipline - I think it's obvious now why he was stuck out wide right when Coq/Cazorla were both fit, because he doesn't keep the MF shape required against good attacking teams.

Stoke away this weekend should be fun.....

faille

Molten Core Raider
Fucking one shot on target.
The difference in our keeper compared to the other Champions League contenders probably accounts for 10 pts or move over the course of the season.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not too bothered about the Stoke result. Without Sanchez, Ozil, Coq, Cazorla it was going to be tough. Theo was god damn useless and Ox too. I would have gone with Iwobi before the Ox. He has really struggled.

The Liverpool result however I'm still depressed about. We should have won that game.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yup, says a lot when Wenger pulls Theo and throws on Iwobi (an absolute kid) and the team instantly looks more threatening. Ox/Theo have had ample opportunities with Sanchez out to stake their claim on a starting spot and neither have done it. In fact, during that time the only player (bar Mesut) who's really impressed me is Campbell, which is odd considering I was sure he'd flake out and up at a smaller team this summer. Today, I'd much rather ship out Walcott & Ox and bring in another winger to complement Campbell/Sanchez.

Last thing, Ramsey STILL has absolutely zero tactical nous and is constantly caught up field trying to score goals. We looked so much better with him on the wing and Santi/Coq in the middle. Ramsey simply is too stupid to play in a midfield two, and with Ozil in the side we'll never go with a traditional 3 (which I think Ramsey would excel in). Strange season, think Arsenal have the team to do it but they need some players back in a hurry.

Oh, and thank fuck for Petr Cech - he really was the signing of the summer. Suck it Chelksi

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
While I agree re-signing Migs is stupid, I don't think it's really matters in the whole scheme of things. With any decent inform attacker LFC walks that ManU game. ManU were terrible and might be the worst ManU team in 20+ years yet we lose as the chances we created nobody can fucking finish. Aside from that then you're just counting on what? A bunch of 0-0 draws? You need to score to win the game, we've had the 2nd most shots on target in the league and the 2nd most chances created yet our chance conversion is 19th. Pretty fucking mind boggling when you think about it.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have a soft spot for Theo for some reason still. And I think its because of games like he had against City and United. He was very good in both games. I also appreciate that when he is in the team or comes off the bench teams really worry about him due to his pace. Without him I think Arsenal are a lot easier to play against cause Giroud will never outrun anyone.

Ox on the other hand... he's only 22 still I think. So I'd give him a year or two more. It seems a mental thing with him for some reason. Not sure.

As for Campbell ... yeah he has been incredible since he's come into the team. He's the Coq of this season pretty much. I would pick him over Theo and Ox without thinking twice.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Holy crap, what a match!
Talk about roller coaster ride. Clearly conceding 4 goals, especially against Norwich is pretty terrible, but coming back from 3-1 and then pulling ahead again after the injury time equalizer shows some real fortitude. hopefully it signals a return of the never give up Liverpool of old.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I'm tentatively starting to believe that my team has brought quite a decent young prospect from MK Dons last summer...

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Kid is pretty good

xTza100.gif

Maul

Dental Dammer
Holy crap, what a match!
Talk about roller coaster ride. Clearly conceding 4 goals, especially against Norwich is pretty terrible, but coming back from 3-1 and then pulling ahead again after the injury time equalizer shows some real fortitude. hopefully it signals a return of the never give up Liverpool of old.
Good old Liverpool fans and players, celebrating conceding 4 goals against Norwich as if they had won the league.

On a separate note: