Soccer/Footy 2015-2016

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fucking Liverpool. Had a chance to grab Silverware but were thwarted by a dude named Willie.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Considering we were playing Lucas and Toure for the majority of the game at CB I don't think we did that poorly, got to penalties anyway. At that point it's just a crap shoot. I think the only regret would be keeping Sturridge on for thew whole 120 minutes, he was clearly gassing after 70 and was just shot in ET with the last 10 minutes basically being unable to move. As poorly as Firmino seemed to be playing it would have been better to keep him on, I'm expecting Sturridge to be out for the next month now.

As far as the Arse/ManU game, how embarrassing. ManU fielded a team with a mixture of U19 and unfit 1st teamers with De Gea and somehow Arse still loses. Certainly don't deserve to win shit with performances like that.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I think Wenger is done at the Emirates. Its the same story over and over again for him and that team. They play such attractive football and sometimes look like the best team in the Premiership (when Ozil was lighting it up a couple months back) but then have these head scratching losses at the absolute worse times. They needed to win that game, especially with the Foxes having squeezed 3 points against Norwich. I think Wenger has to go after this season.

And yeah I agree Liverpool played well enough to win that game, and penalties are a crap shoot, but fuck that would have been great for Klopp to win silverware for that team. They also lost a heartbreaking game to West Ham, they could of made it to FA Cup final. They really had a chance to win both. They still can win the Europa League but its unlikely.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
This bit of ugliness rears it's head again. Everyone involved denies it's coming, but money is money...

The beginning of a secret plot to form the most controversial breakaway in football history? Or an innocent catch-up with old friends to discuss a pre-season tournament? A degree of intrigue surrounds a meeting this week of the Premier League's big five clubs at prestigious London hotel The Dorchester. According to The Sun, which broke the story, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea were there to resurrect an idea we have seen mooted in the past - a European super league.

They insist a breakaway from the Premier League is not on the agenda. However, the talks did focus on possible reform of the Champions League... Last week, the Barcelona president Josep Bartomeu told me he was in favour of tennis-style 'wild cards', guaranteeing automatic entry to the Champions League for big clubs that miss out on qualification via their domestic leagues.

This year, for example, the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea all seem likely to miss out on the riches of the Champions League, as clubs like Leicester City threaten an elite that, since 1992, has enjoyed almost routine entry to Europe's premier competition...

...They are (also) angry about the disruption a winter World Cup in 2022 will cause. They note that Fifa's reforms do not mean the clubs - or fans and players - will have any representatives on its new council. And they will be preparing to fight their corner when it comes to negotiating a greater share of Uefa revenue.
European breakaway league: Is football about to change forever? - BBC Sport

faille

Molten Core Raider
Would have much rather had the trophy, even if it was the league cup, but nice to get a little revenge. And comprehensive at that.

Oh, and arsenal going to arsenal.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
Leicester drop 2 points, and the rest of the top 4 lose their matches.

This has to be the weirdest season of football ever.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Leicester drop 2 points, and the rest of the top 4 lose their matches.

This has to be the weirdest season of football ever.
Arsenal's not even worth writing about at the minute - that said, fully expect Arsenal to win at the weekend and lose in hilarious fashion the next.

I do think that Pellegrini is taking this break up a little hard - I mean, I fully believe he's tanking on purpose to get City out of CL leaving the door open to join United this summer. Doesn't seem so far fetched if you think about it!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Not like LFC is lighting it up this year but these last 2 Arse games are just fucking gutless performances. At this point you'd have to figure Wenger is never winning the league again as this year it was on a platter for him. Cech is now out for the Spuds game? Hah.

As for Pellegrini, LFC has played more games this year than anyone else yet their trip to Kiev made his players play like shit a week later? Uhhh ok...

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If u can grab a tube/rerun of yesterdays Dortmund - Bayern match.
High speed, high skill game of both sides, no subs for like 75mins. Better than all CL games ive seen this season (though i didnt catch all of them).
Result in spoilers.
no goals though

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
LFC win paired with ManU and Everton losses, what a weekend. Really looking forward to Thursday, bout time for Klopp to get one on LvG.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Who gives a fuck. Two of the most plastic teams on display today, would have been happy if they both were out of the CL.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Man fuck DDG, without him the game next week wouldn't even matter as it should have been at least 4 to 0 if not more. 1 shot on target, 0 corners and a probable Fellaini suspension. Grats to the ManU fans on here...

faille

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, Man U can be pretty happy about keeping it to just 2-0 and 11 men on the field.
The two goals came down to inches going our way but I'm not going to complain
smile.png

Having a full week to prepare, while Man U have to play a cup game against West Ham, makes me pretty confident of going through.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So City's after G?ndogan.

Today you have to ask players the same question that ten years ago you asked when they switched to Saudi Arabia or the US: Is all the money worth playing in a second rate league?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Guardiola, Klopp, Benitez, Van Gaal - 3 European Cup winning managers there. Add whoever Chelsea get in, plus rising star Pochettino. Shits all over your one horse league and the duopoly of la liga

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
one horse league? I think you didn't see Tottenham, supposedly most modern English club today, get destroyed yesterday.

oh and do tell which European cup Klopp won.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
As a relatively new and American soccer fan, I just don't get the Europa League. If it was my team fighting for a league title, I'd be happy with them tanking second-tier Europa games all day long.