SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone know if it's just the H1z1 people being canned or company wide?

I am hearing different things but the h1z1 people for sure are on the chopping block which is not surprising as PUBG and fortnight drank their milkshake but there are others as well so hard to tell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Sitting here trying to do these stupid fuck hunter achievements while the world burns down around me. What am I doing with my life.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
It may sound fucking crazy to you guys.

But Bannon used to run IGE. He knows the Everquest virtual currency game.

Chew on that for a second
yeah he was big into wow farming and noticed how players hated them when his first conception when he got into it was that it was a service that should make it easier for gamers so it made him curious how many people in wow/eq would try to organize to fuck with farmers/botters, that's part of how trump won lol.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
It may sound fucking crazy to you guys.

But Bannon used to run IGE. He knows the Everquest virtual currency game.

Chew on that for a second

Holy shit I think you're on to something.

giphy.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
No you see those people never worked for SOE in the first place, they were just mistakenly added to the company rolls and given paychecks for 18 years. Now they're just clearing up that miss conception.

6hx5i.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
This is fucking hilarious actually and I'm glad they're getting cucked just like I did for spending 100$ on Everquest: Disney Edition

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Zaph0dd

Lord Nagafen Raider
EQ has been run into the ground so much "recently", nothing would surprise me now.

• 1Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My prediction is EQ just goes dark. No scheduled shut down, no announcements or anything. The electricity to the servers will be cut without notice and it ends there.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Need that meme with the house on fire. "This is fine".

Whole house burns down.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
My precious characters!!!!!!

I'm not playing on agnarr until this settles. I've really been enjoying wow arena again with a RL friend lately. Got that going for me.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Update #3
MMORPG.com says it has a source claiming that Daybreak is currently in acquisition talks with a number of studios, including Ashes of Creation company Intrepid Studios.
Update #4
In speaking on background with our sources this afternoon, we are given to understand the number of people laid off was around 70, not 100 as earlier suggested. At least one source believes the layoffs are completely unrelated to the ongoing Columbus Nova shenanigans and instead are a direct result of H1Z1’s poor performance and in fact have been planned for a while, which does make a certain amount of sense (we’ve been tracking H1Z1’s downward trajectory for months now).

aaand they deleted all posts on offical forums again lol

Last edited:
  • 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
right?? someone said they all went home if not laid off, then look at the staff post tracker at the top and last post was 11 am but someones still lockin shit and deleting

• 1Like

Eonan

Doer of Things
Weeeeeeeeew lad. Acquisition by a group of people you shit canned years ago? God bless this story.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I have no ill will against anyone at Daybreak, but God this has been entertaining. The sheer brazenness of the whole "what are you talking about? We have no connection to Columbus Nova" thing has been downright awe inspiring.

EDIT: And now they want the Ashes of Creation guys to buy them? Huh. I could actually get on board with that. How about taking the AoC mechanics they're developing and transplanting them onto the Everquest IP?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Holly hasn't been fired yet, so obviously they plan to finish the EQ3 mockup demo by june 5th and try to sell $1000 pre-pre-pre-alpha access passes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I put money on nothing happening and that this is all just a big misunderstanding because they tried to posture during the initial sale.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I put money on nothing happening and that this is all just a big misunderstanding because they tried to posture during the initial sale.

While I agree with you it’s much more fun to speculate , post memes, and laugh at daybreak.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I do say that given what I saw of Ashes of Creation at PAX I would be very much on board with Intrepid acquiring Daybreak and rebranding Ashes of Creation as Everquest 3.

Of course what with having that huge booth at PAX and all the other marketing to date they have been aggressively working on their own IP, so doing something that drastic would require some deep thought, but I have to imagine that EverQuest still has enough name recognition that could pay off in the end.