SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Wouldnt that also put them in trouble? Like could I start a company and say I'm owned by Microsoft to get investments, PR, Loans etc?
Sure you could say that and part of their due diligence is looking into. I don't know what the issue here would be considering he was part of Columbus Nova at the time. The LLC that he owns is what is on the paperwork, thus no fraud was committed I am pretty sure. Not a lawyer though, any insight Cad Cad ?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
"You've ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin mine!" -Russian oligarch, probably

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Eonan

Doer of Things
The fishy part of their explination that "we just didn't properly clarify..." is that Columbus Nova was baked in to their Privacy Policy, meaning that at one point, one of their lawyers was also convinced they were owned by CN.

C. Information about affiliated companies
Daybreak Games may share your Personal Information for the purposes described in this Privacy Policy (except for direct marketing) with its parent companies, which consist of Columbus Nova Private Equity Group (“CN”) and any company controlled by CN that directly or indirectly owns fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding equity in Daybreak.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
We were all told we were acquired by Columbus Nova. Epstein was the head guy managing us, we were told. The squirming and shuffling going on at DBG looks shady as hell to me.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
new words:

[Update: A source inside Daybreak Games (who asked not to be named directly) responded to Ars' request for comment to clarify once again that Daybreak was actually purchased in 2015 by Jason Epstein through his wholly-owned LLC, Inception Acquisitions. Epstein was an ownership partner of Columbus Nova at the time, leading his purchase to be conflated with ownership by Columbus Nova itself in statements and reporting, the source explained.
"At the time, they just didn't think that that was a big deal, because both Inception and Columbus Nova were Jason's," said the source, who was not with the company in 2015. "Jason was the primary owner, and he owned both. Saying Columbus Nova as an investment firm seemed to make more sense [at the time]... What they should have said was 'Jason Epstein, owner of Harmonix, purchased Daybreak,' [or] ''Partners of Columbus Nova purchase Daybreak.'"
"We're not denying he was there," the source continued. But when Epstein left Columbus Nova last year, any association between the investment firm and Daybreak (through Epstein) ended, the source said. Daybreak and Columbus Nova let an announcement of that distinction "fall through the cracks" when Epstein departed, focusing instead on getting H1Z1 to a full release, they added.
What's more, the source also said that Vekselberg's Renova Group does not actually own Columbus Nova, despite widespread reporting through the years suggesting they do. Instead, the source said, Columbus Nova merely "managed some accounts," for the Russian conglomerate, adding that those accounts were "not tied to Russia. Renova has other holdings and accounts, and we've gotten roped in."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
298noj.jpg

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Sure you could say that and part of their due diligence is looking into. I don't know what the issue here would be considering he was part of Columbus Nova at the time. The LLC that he owns is what is on the paperwork, thus no fraud was committed I am pretty sure. Not a lawyer though, any insight Cad Cad ?

If you sell stuff under false pretenses it could be fraud could be deceptive trade practices etc depending on the state. Saying you are owned or backed by someone that you're not adds value to your product that customers could come to expect, and then if that turns out to be untrue then it's the very definition of fraud.

"the requisite elements of fraud as a tort generally are the intentional misrepresentation or concealment of an important fact upon which the victim is meant to rely, and in fact does rely, to the harm of the victim"

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity

Old Man Potter

Trakanon Raider
Holly Longdale is officially the executive producer for the EverQuest franchise. She addressed the situation at DGB on Twitter recently with some boilerplate platitudes. She rarely addresses the community which seems par for the course at DBG. The arrogance and contempt for the community exhibited by DBG devs is legendary. It's also true that most studios have top-heavy management full of dead wood.

Does anyone know what she really does at DBG?

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
We honor those we lost? What the fuck? Hahaha

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Holly Longdale is officially the executive producer for the EverQuest franchise... Does anyone know what she really does at DBG

Rumor has it she is a KGB-trained developer of a new cryptocurrency, Krono, officially to be backed by the Russian fiat currency.

Block-chain technology is dead. Holly is ushering a new type of crypto powered by nerds playing video games that secretly mines while they hunt for GEB's and has its secrecy modeled after the Kremlin.

• 4Worf

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Holly Longdale is officially the executive producer for the EverQuest franchise. She addressed the situation at DGB on Twitter recently with some boilerplate platitudes. She rarely addresses the community which seems par for the course at DBG. The arrogance and contempt for the community exhibited by DBG devs is legendary. It's also true that most studios have top-heavy management full of dead wood.

Does anyone know what she really does at DBG?

Around the Ragefire/Lockjaw time Holly was heavily involved in the EQ scene, like she was literally in long email chains with top guild leaders. They instituted a mandatory guild rotation for all TLP guilds but said we needed to develop the rules as a community and they would just enforce them. The strategy we developed was to make the rotations as stupid and unwieldy as possible to burn out all the staff micro managing the playerbase. It worked and about a month after that they abandoned the rotations and she stopped interacting with our playerbase as much.

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Holy shit dudes. I'm googling around making some big ol carrie mathison wall for the funnies. I'm stumbling on some fucking insane shit right now.

So i'm at the spot where I connect the dots between bannon, ige, kronos, money laundering. Well, I stumble upon this image on google images. Dated back in 2005.

rfaHeIv.png

Valery Makarov
Oracle Developer at Miratech
UkraineInformation Technology and Service

This is the dude's biography - Valery L. Makarov

I then click into that picture that was hosted on google so I could link to it, well google cached it from this dude's twitter.

naveKC0.png

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users