SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Companies do not give employees warning that they are going to lay them off. Want to know why? Because they are afraid those employees will sabotage, steal, fuck up anything they can. You simply do not give warning that you are getting rid of people. Saying a guy is lying based on feels is nonsense.
That actually makes sense. I could understand that but why even post if you know the future is uncertain? Wouldn't it just be perceived as misleading?

Bruman

Golden Squire
That actually makes sense. I could understand that but why even post if you know the future is uncertain? Wouldn't it just be perceived as misleading?
The problem with Elidroth's initial post is that it was dismissive and insulting to the person he was replying to, implying that he knew better than the guy who ended up obviously being correct.

If he had posted something like "As far as we all know, it's just a name change.", there wouldn't have been any "gloating". The gloating from Secrets didn't sound so much like HAW HAW LOOK AT ALL THE FIRED PEOPLE just more of a "Don't go around telling people they're wrong when you can't predict the future".

Tol_sl

shitlord
That's exactly what it is. People probably wouldn't have brought it up again if not for the, "try and keep up" post, when they were in fact spot-on correct.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
The problem with Elidroth's initial post is that it was dismissive and insulting to the person he was replying to, implying that he knew better than the guy who ended up obviously being correct.

If he had posted something like "As far as we all know, it's just a name change.", there wouldn't have been any "gloating". The gloating from Secrets didn't sound so much like HAW HAW LOOK AT ALL THE FIRED PEOPLE just more of a "Don't go around telling people they're wrong when you can't predict the future".
That's kind of what I was getting at. Poor choice of wording. My apologies if I offended anyone. I only hope the best for those who lost their job now and in the future because of Daybreak.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When your job is on the line you want to believe any good news. I have no doubt he was in a scary situation and every employee there wanted to believe it. Posting here was just what he was told and believed. Was he naive? Yes. Nobody wants to think they are fucked and truth is he had no control over who was getting let go and shitting himself for a week wasn't going to do any good.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

I can agree with that. I also don't blame anyone for being testy in that situation. It's just fucked up how innocent people end up paying for fuck ups at the top.

Flc_sl

shitlord
Companies do not give employees warning that they are going to lay them off. Want to know why? Because they are afraid those employees will sabotage, steal, fuck up anything they can. You simply do not give warning that you are getting rid of people. Saying a guy is lying based on feels is nonsense.
Except they did. Employees were told last Wednesday there would be layoffs.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Just think, this time last year UT was telling us how SOE was going to be secretly funding Pantheon. A year later and the company is getting gutted. Nice sources UT!
They were going to dippy, if they managed to hit $800k in Kickstarter funding first. SOE was set to be an angel investor. Obviously that didn't happen.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I think we're all used to Ut being wrong all the time by this point.
UT reminds me of this guy that used to post on Chiefsplanet, he would post so much shit thinking he was in the know, but when you throw so much shit around something is bound to stick, then he would say he knew all along! haha

I love the internets. great entertainment at times.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
UT reminds me of this guy that used to post on Chiefsplanet, he would post so much shit thinking he was in the know, but when you throw so much shit around something is bound to stick, then he would say he knew all along! haha

I love the internets. great entertainment at times.
Bitch please. Don't you have some SOE employees to go kiss ass with?

oops sorry guess not.