SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
They need some sort of bridge between the shitty expansions and the fun ones on a progression server. Everyone has problems during GoD, but Omens was like a light at the end of the tunnel for epics.

I hung around Vulak until GoD, and the omens light wasn't enough for me.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I still don't know why people feel like they knew anything about this "EQ3" other than a few devs mentioning it a few times randomly at an event or article somewhere.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still don't know why people feel like they knew anything about this "EQ3" other than a few devs mentioning it a few times randomly at an event or article somewhere.
Knew enough to be interested. What more would you have liked to know? It was a design based on the original eq. There is a decent amount of info out there about it.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Good luck with a progression server(s). I think it would do pretty well the first year...and then start hemorrhaging subs unless managed very well. The game really isn't built for large pops because of the limited resources. No MMO handles low pops so keeping each server with the right mix while deciding how to release the actual progression...sounds like a CS nightmare. I would definitely give the first year a shot but it is a 15 year old game I played extensively early. Not going to keep the interest for an extended period of time without new content.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Knew enough to be interested. What more would have liked to know? It was a design based on the original eq.
I'm actually curious. Was it more than "EQ3 was going to be a more updated EQ"? I've only seen EQ3 referenced in explanations of why they changed directions towards EQN.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm actually curious. Was it more than "EQ3 was going to be a more updated EQ"? I've only seen EQ3 referenced in explanations of why they changed directions towards EQN.
Yea. From what I understand, stroybricks and possibly voxels to a lesser extent were going to be a part of it.

Really the big changes are the class/combat system, the pokemon collection for classes(eq3 you just collected spells and abilities smiliar to eq). The whole destructible world thing. Plus the actual world layout. Eq3 was a huge overland world with open dungeons, EQN is a tiered worked based on the voxel tech.

I also remember reading the targeting system was going to be similar to VGs.

Again, not hating EQN. Just seems like eq3 was the safer more gradual step they should have took on the road to EQN.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I think most of the public info came from some Jeff Butler interview as part of the Early EQNext marketing - I can't find it now - but IIRC the gist was EQ III was aimed at the EQ (not EQII) "hardcore" playerbase. I know a few people who talked with Butler at SOE '13 about it and there was some additional info which again, IIRC, was basically reskinned EQ.

I suspect it was actually more than that (floating "?" ? WoW Quests? Only ex-SOE employees know for sure) so your point is well taken.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No icons over heads. I know that's wasn't in. Eq like quest system but with stroybricks

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Why buy when you can just hire ak47 wielding mercs and take it with brute forces!?
Half Elf mercenaries dual wielding AK-47s. Why raid with sword and board when you could just shoot Kerafyrm in the face?
Pre-order on the marketplace today and get an invite to the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen early access program!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Half Elf mercenaries dual wielding AK-47s. Why raid with sword and board when you could just shoot Kerafyrm in the face?
Pre-order on the marketplace today and get an invite to the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen early access program!
Speaking of pantheon. There is suppose to be a new game play video posted today. I guess they are waiting for Brad to wake up and post it. So probably 3pm pst??

JarekStorm_sl

shitlord
Like this?

rrr_img_90845.jpg

rrr_img_90846.jpg
Jesus. This is exactly what I thought the graphics updates would be like back when they redid everything.

I figured the character models would look like upgraded versions of the originals, not the retarded mongoloids we got.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Can necros use guns too pls?