SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Exactly. Why aim for the Batfreaks when you can have the original in all his stupored glory.
Speaking of Batfreaks, any word on what will be happening with DCUO? Just curious cause I just got back into it and have been having fun, although that might not last as long as my first go around.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Has EQN become vapor yet? I'm wondering how long it will be before we get some new footage and information. The change to Daybreak does nothing but put a dark cloud over all projects when we seem to not be getting any updates worth a shit. Atleast ponytail would have told us shit!.

Japanfour_sl

shitlord
Has EQN become vapor yet? I'm wondering how long it will be before we get some new footage and information. The change to Daybreak does nothing but put a dark cloud over all projects when we seem to not be getting any updates worth a shit. Atleast ponytail would have told us shit!.
ponytail is too busy being willows stunt double

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Poor ponytail, I hope he's gettin rehired his entire twitter feed is just EQLandmark retweets.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I have to channel my inner Ut here: how the fuck do these people keep getting jobs?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The thing is, if you're charismatic enough, during the interview process it's pretty easy to deftly deflect your failures while bolstering/exaggerating your accomplishments. It's (shamelessly) how I got my current job, and will likely be the case when I am ready to move on to another.

The dirty little secret is nobody ever calls your bluff when you say you did XYZ as long as you can speak confidently and intelligently about it. Most people are an open book so you just guide your conversation towards what animates them. Next thing you know you're working on the WoW team, in spite of the fact that you haven't shipped a game in 10 years, and even those were critically and commercially luke-warm (with the exception of EoF expac for EQ2).

Looking at Moorgard's resume, there's no way I wouldn't at least give him an interview:Steves Resume | Mobhunter.comAfter that it's just a matter of convincing me you're the right guy for the job (which he apparently did, as far as Blizzard is concerned).

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Was poking around LinkedIn and had no clue Brasse was hired by Trion and Omeed is with NCSoft. Nothing against any of them or do I know them personally but people in the MMO industry seem to believe they are much more famous, near celebrity level it appears, than they are in reality. Again, i'm sure they are talented in respect to their field but i'm not sure they understand that a large part of the world could care less about what they're doing. Guess that's a bit harsh but reading through some of their profiles, some of these guys reek with arrogance.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
The thing is, if you're charismatic enough, during the interview process it's pretty easy to deftly deflect your failures while bolstering/exaggerating your accomplishments. It's (shamelessly) how I got my current job, and will likely be the case when I am ready to move on to another.
care to ellaborate? how do you deftly deflect failures, when in ponytails case (idk yours) his failures tower over his accomplishments at this point in our eyes(you would think these people have done their research), and if they did these people must be incredibly ignorant and naive, maybe ponytail is a gypsy.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
If there is one thing that amazes me is the ability of americans to make jobs out of anything, even the most mundane and trivial stuff. Still I don't understand what this guy skills would be, but I work in a totally different environment. Did he state on which position he got a job?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That summary in that resume link is scary. He's got a job and that's great, but that's a terribly written resume.
I doubt his resume got him the job. Once you've established yourself in the industry, then usually your next job is because of personal relationships. Somebody at the new company worked with you before and can vouch for you, etc, etc. Resumes are only important when you are new to the industry or when your potential employer has nobody on hand who knows you.

In that the gaming industry is just like any other.