Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
God, can't we get an Obi-Wan anthology as Ewan McGregor is one of my favorite actors.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
donald glover seems like he's gotten really weird recently. like shia lebeouf weird.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
rumor mill is churning lately that there will be a 2 part Obi-Wan film with Ewan. Its been rumored a long time actually but lately its definitely gotten louder.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Star Wars original charm was casting relatively unknown actors, Donald Glover brings a lot of baggage, it will be distracting waiting for the C3P0 Abed to walk in frame that never arrives.

Someone asked Billy Dee not long ago what he thought about Donald Glover reprising his old role and he replied "I have no idea who Donald Glover is". So at least it won't be a problem for him.

The distraction of Glover as Lando distracting me from the distraction of someone other than Harrison Ford as Han might end up being a good thing in some fucked up, crossing the streams sort of way.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I, for one, happy for this fortuitous casting. I hope this movie continues to cast well and come together in a fantastic way.

...im kinda hype!

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I'm still in the 'this is a movie that doesn't really need to be made' camp.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Glover just doesn't have a single Intergalactic Space Pimp bone in his body. Nothing about him is SuperFly. I hope he is mostly a cameo and this aint a buddy picture.

I have a bad feeling this will end up being a younger space version of Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy ala 48 hrs.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
you're nuts, he's perfect for this role. Have you ever seen anything he's done?

spronk

FPS noob
Glover just doesn't have a single Intergalactic Space Pimp bone in his body. Nothing about him is SuperFly. I hope he is mostly a cameo and this aint a buddy picture.

lando--275x300.png

• 1Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
you're nuts, he's perfect for this role. Have you ever seen anything he's done?

Mystery Team, Community, his 'rap' album, The To-Do List, his comedy special and his shitty depressing FX show. I am familiar with his work. I think he would make a fine Spider-Man, but he is the polar opposite of Billy Dee. Him getting cast is a marketing decision as far as I can tell, and a bad idea on paper. Maybe he will surprise everyone, but I find that unlikely he hasn't shown much range acting wise. Hell his voice is an octave too high for the part, nothing silky smooth is coming out of DGs mouth anytime soon.

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Why does this movie need to be made again? Make be characters and shit.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users