South Park Stick of Truth

Delly

Trakanon Raider
If you like this combat then you guys would like the Mario & Luigi games on the DS, plus there is more depth to those games than South Park has.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Just finished Day 2. If you're a fan and like RPGs at all, I see no reason why you wouldn't like this game. It's funny and is actually not a bad game in and of itself. It feels kind of like a cross between the Lego games and Final Fantasy.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hope this is selling well.
I really have a hard time justifying not pirating games from Ubisoft

rrr_img_65051.jpg

rrr_img_65051.jpg

rrr_img_65051.jpg

an accordion_sl

shitlord
They picked up the Stick of Truth team when THQ collapsed and pushed back the release 3-4 months. I'd assume that push back had to do with bugfixing and further QA testing based on Obsidian's track record.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
getting free stuff and not working for it is bad
You have no reason to believe me, no way of knowing and there is no way you will be convinced by this post, and I know you were being sarcastic, but what you said is actually true. It is bad. =) For all involved.

edit- Also, haha Germany.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
May want to consider blaming your country for that and not the publisher.
I've pirated the non-censored version now, that shit would have been street legal here with FSK 16. Ubisoft simply decided to take the easy way out with the low violence version

This also isn't just restricted to Germany, Australia has the same thing going. The worst part is that if you buy a code from amazon.co.uk, youcannot redeem it. This is completely legal in Germany, I can buy the most violent Nazi shit banned for sale here from somewhere else and have it shipped to me because owning this shit is not a crime, just selling it.
This has nothing to do with our laws, this is 100% ubisoft's choice. This isn't about the laws, this is about milking the most out of every target audience and controlling the markets.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Quineloe you obv missed the whole fallout with wrong gold master sent to factory with (in germany) banned swastikas and shit still in game resulting in a 4 week delay of this south park game in central europe and also steam ?!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quineloe you obv missed the whole fallout with wrong gold master sent to factory with (in germany) banned swastikas and shit still in game resulting in a 4 week delay of this south park game in central europe and also steam ?!
Again, completely Ubisoft's decision. There was no ban on the version, yet they acted as if there were. Swastikas and violence are also two completely different issues here, ubisoft decided to cut out both the violence and the swastikas for the only version we're allowed to activate on Steam. For explanation, swastikas is what gets games from sale here, violence just restricted - but the violence you see in regular sold 18+ titles far exceeds the violence in SPTSOT.

And again, this does not explain the least why I can't activate an amazon.co.uk bought and paid Steam key on my account. It is completely legal for me to purchase this:Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC CD): Amazon.co.uk: PC Video Games
and have it shipped to my address in Germany. Even if the uncensored title is banned from sale here.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Again, completely Ubisoft's decision. There was no ban on the version, yet they acted as if there were. Swastikas and violence are also two completely different issues here, ubisoft decided to cut out both the violence and the swastikas for the only version we're allowed to activate on Steam. For explanation, swastikas is what gets games from sale here, violence just restricted - but the violence you see in regular sold 18+ titles far exceeds the violence in SPTSOT.

And again, this does not explain the least why I can't activate an amazon.co.uk bought and paid Steam key on my account. It is completely legal for me to purchase this:Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC CD): Amazon.co.uk: PC Video Games
and have it shipped to my address in Germany. Even if the uncensored title is banned from sale here.
Agree on everything with the censored/not rated/low violence parts, but also the distribution of said material is also illegal, and if some political shithead would claim steam being a distributer even activating a key could be punishable by court. Noone wants to or will set up a case here in the near future, so steam just goes forth with it no risk and just enforces internet-nazi-dom on max level. Also afaik as soon as some shit is censored they simply put up the low violence version note up and roll with that not specifing what got axed (swasticas, drugs, sex, blood, rock'n'roll).

tl;dr The laws are BS, publishers and steam proactively bending over even moreso. And nothing is gonna change that this decade, which emphasises my point of view to not buy shit on steam, by ubisoft or ea, as well as any other censored bullshit out there.
If they dont want me as a paying customer im not begging them to become one and just pirate it as i please, way less hassle.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Except you can activate other keys purchased out of country. This isn't steam, this is ubisoft. Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army, np to get on a German Steam account. Looking at the Steam Store, it doesn't say "low Violence version" at all for the censored version.

The worst part is that for multiplayer games, having a "low violence" version means you can't play multiplayer with people who have the regular version, which leads to very empty servers