SPAC & IPO Ideas

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Soooo, looking at liquidating all my SPAC positions and just throwing them into AMD long, but when I went to sell some of the SPAC's now have fractional shares. How the hell does that happen?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yea sold 100% of my spacs and put one standard size in SNDL to feed my variance
I got SVFA at pennies above $10 so risk is minimal. BTWN I am closer to $11.25 plus some in-the-money Dec calls. If BTWN can hit $11 I can break even overall. If it can spike to $12 I can make some decent alpha.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Soooo, looking at liquidating all my SPAC positions and just throwing them into AMD long, but when I went to sell some of the SPAC's now have fractional shares. How the hell does that happen?
Did you buy them on something like Robinhood using a flat dollar amount and not a share number?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Nope. I just bought SVFA through Fidelity like a month ago and now have a .278 fractional share.

I guess buying for a flat dollar amount could explain it though?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ps.. Tmac Tmac I say this in the most loving way. You want to sell your SPACS at all-time lows for losses and buy AMD at like an all-time high? Not a 52-high, but an all-time high.

Its not that I am knocking cutting losses on bad investments, but you really need to stop chasing stocks. The secret is to buy them before they hit all-time highs.

edit: or after they get oversold on earnings reports.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nope. I just bought SVFA through Fidelity like a month ago and now have a .278 fractional share.

I guess buying for a flat dollar amount could explain it though?
Yes. If you bought $500 of SFVA you would get fraction shares.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
ps.. Tmac Tmac I say this in the most loving way. You want to sell your SPACS at all-time lows for losses and buy AMD at like an all-time high? Not a 52-high, but an all-time high.

Its not that I am knocking cutting losses on bad investments, but you really need to stop chasing stocks. The secret is to buy them before they hit all-time highs.

edit: or after they get oversold on earnings reports.

I get your point. I just don't want to experience tax events where 25% of my profit goes away and doesn't get to experience a decade of gains. That's why I don't like buying/selling cycles. I just want my money to compound.

I don't mind taking a loss on the SPAC's because they died. And I also don't mind getting into AMD long. I don't particularly care that it's at an ATH right now, bc I'll be in it for a decade.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I get your point. I just don't want to experience tax events where 25% of my profit goes away and doesn't get to experience a decade of gains. That's why I don't like buying/selling cycles. I just want my money to compound.

I don't mind taking a loss on the SPAC's because they died. And I also don't mind getting into AMD long. I don't particularly care that it's at an ATH right now, bc I'll be in it for a decade.
Fair enough.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

ps.. on Fidelity you need to use the app to "sell all shares" to get rid of the fractional shares also when you sell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NSH shares selling for less than the tender offer of $10. People wont even arbitrage the shares. lol

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NSH (I think I am the only one holding it) got crushed this morning on the "sell the vote" move. Shrug I like the company and am down to a single 100 share holding and am gonna ride it into orbit (pun intended).

• 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NSH
1.2M shares shorted in a single fell swoop today on vote day. Shares available to short: 100. On the brightside, it cant be shorted anymore.

1628881914660.png