SPAC & IPO Ideas

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Soooo, looking at liquidating all my SPAC positions and just throwing them into AMD long, but when I went to sell some of the SPAC's now have fractional shares. How the hell does that happen?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yea sold 100% of my spacs and put one standard size in SNDL to feed my variance
I got SVFA at pennies above $10 so risk is minimal. BTWN I am closer to $11.25 plus some in-the-money Dec calls. If BTWN can hit $11 I can break even overall. If it can spike to $12 I can make some decent alpha.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Soooo, looking at liquidating all my SPAC positions and just throwing them into AMD long, but when I went to sell some of the SPAC's now have fractional shares. How the hell does that happen?
Did you buy them on something like Robinhood using a flat dollar amount and not a share number?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Nope. I just bought SVFA through Fidelity like a month ago and now have a .278 fractional share.

I guess buying for a flat dollar amount could explain it though?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ps.. Tmac Tmac I say this in the most loving way. You want to sell your SPACS at all-time lows for losses and buy AMD at like an all-time high? Not a 52-high, but an all-time high.

Its not that I am knocking cutting losses on bad investments, but you really need to stop chasing stocks. The secret is to buy them before they hit all-time highs.

edit: or after they get oversold on earnings reports.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nope. I just bought SVFA through Fidelity like a month ago and now have a .278 fractional share.

I guess buying for a flat dollar amount could explain it though?
Yes. If you bought $500 of SFVA you would get fraction shares.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
ps.. Tmac Tmac I say this in the most loving way. You want to sell your SPACS at all-time lows for losses and buy AMD at like an all-time high? Not a 52-high, but an all-time high.

Its not that I am knocking cutting losses on bad investments, but you really need to stop chasing stocks. The secret is to buy them before they hit all-time highs.

edit: or after they get oversold on earnings reports.

I get your point. I just don't want to experience tax events where 25% of my profit goes away and doesn't get to experience a decade of gains. That's why I don't like buying/selling cycles. I just want my money to compound.

I don't mind taking a loss on the SPAC's because they died. And I also don't mind getting into AMD long. I don't particularly care that it's at an ATH right now, bc I'll be in it for a decade.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I get your point. I just don't want to experience tax events where 25% of my profit goes away and doesn't get to experience a decade of gains. That's why I don't like buying/selling cycles. I just want my money to compound.

I don't mind taking a loss on the SPAC's because they died. And I also don't mind getting into AMD long. I don't particularly care that it's at an ATH right now, bc I'll be in it for a decade.
Fair enough.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

ps.. on Fidelity you need to use the app to "sell all shares" to get rid of the fractional shares also when you sell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NSH shares selling for less than the tender offer of $10. People wont even arbitrage the shares. lol

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NSH (I think I am the only one holding it) got crushed this morning on the "sell the vote" move. Shrug I like the company and am down to a single 100 share holding and am gonna ride it into orbit (pun intended).

• 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NSH
1.2M shares shorted in a single fell swoop today on vote day. Shares available to short: 100. On the brightside, it cant be shorted anymore.

1628881914660.png