Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) (2022)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Movie wasn't bad, can't say I agree with it being better than the first. The first one was unexpectedly good. It's hard not to cringe and groan at all the pandering they tossed in for no reason. Still decent storyline concepts and worth the watch just didn't hit like the first.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Movie wasn't bad, can't say I agree with it being better than the first. The first one was unexpectedly good. It's hard not to cringe and groan at all the pandering they tossed in for no reason. Still decent storyline concepts and worth the watch just didn't hit like the first.
I think for a lot of people it was that the first was just to different from everything they had seen in the genre before. And that made it a special movie for a lot of folks. But subsequent stories in the same style will never be "like your first time"....

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
the usual twitter trans tards are saying Gwen is trans

It probably is true, she has the pride flags and trans shit everywhere and the one problem I had with the movie, her dad being retarded with her in the beginning makes more sense as a dumb tranny allegory of parents rejecting/throwing out kids who are monsters. Given how much attention was paid to color palettes, frames, etc there is no way its an accident that gwen always has the trannie colors around her.

which is kinda hilarious when you drag it out though. that means miles morales is in love with a tranny and at some point will see her dick. Miles Morales is beloved by black kids everywhere, and rightly so its a good character and role model.

and now you have completely sissified that character, trying to normalize trannies and tell young black kids that its perfectly normal to fall in love with a chick with a dick lol

I wonder at what point black religious churches and shit will figure it out and the blowback.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
"Just let us have this one thing."

Is this troon fucking serious?

This is why I fight every little piece of woke there is as if they're the most important issue on the planet. Fuck these people. No more death by a thousand cuts, "just this one more thing."

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

This is why I fight every little piece of woke there is as if they're the most important issue on the planet. Fuck these people. No more death by a thousand cuts, "just this one more thing."

I am fine with them making her Trans as long as the lore has her kill herself shortly after.

And Miles is disgusted by her zippertits.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Really liked it. Super intense.

I'm also pretty sure this movie exists just so they could do The Meme

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I am fine with them making her Trans as long as the lore has her kill herself shortly after.

And Miles is disgusted by her zippertits.
Stonetoss is days ahead of you.

20230612_211906.png

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can look at it two different ways. They had to retcon her age cause she was clearly at least in college for Spiderverse 1 and it would be incredibly awkward for her to date a freshman, or she was too old for a demographic with a much shorter life expectancy.

Since they want to pretend the first scenario never happened it has to be the second.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>

It probably is true, she has the pride flags and trans shit everywhere and the one problem I had with the movie, her dad being retarded with her in the beginning makes more sense as a dumb tranny allegory of parents rejecting/throwing out kids who are monsters. Given how much attention was paid to color palettes, frames, etc there is no way its an accident that gwen always has the trannie colors around her.

which is kinda hilarious when you drag it out though. that means miles morales is in love with a tranny and at some point will see her dick. Miles Morales is beloved by black kids everywhere, and rightly so its a good character and role model.

and now you have completely sissified that character, trying to normalize trannies and tell young black kids that its perfectly normal to fall in love with a chick with a dick lol

I wonder at what point black religious churches and shit will figure it out and the blowback.
Its all so tiresome.
They want allies... but if anyone for any reason hangs a flag, pin or whatever... guess what? they are trans! Egg at least.

Holding on so hard on this gwen stuff because of the colors and her having to come out with a fucked up truth.
Was perhaps Don Draper also trans? It kind of works. Maybe if there was a little of pink and blue here and there.

Anyway, loved this movie!
The only issue I have with it is that it ends on a huge cliffhanger so it depends 100% on the next one and thus I couldn't consider this one, by itself, to be better than the first one.
They do all the little details just right. Its great.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Marge Simpson had blue. She was probably trans also. And Homer had a shirt that was white but became pink because he didn't wash it properly. That Blue, White and Pink is so fucking trans. Thanks a lot, Matt Groening. You ruined my childhood!

• 1Like

Caliane

I think alot of people here are forgetting 90% of people working in hollywood/comics/animation are radically leftist cultural vandals. It used to be just gay, bi, trans people projecting onto older characters, insisting characters that weren't blatantly overtly cis, straight are secretly gay, bi, trans, (and even some that were). Now, the creators who have taken control over IPs are doing it as well.

was Gwen created as trans? no. are the people working on this movie, the people that created Gwen in the first place? no. is this an alt reality version of Gwen? yes. Do you think for a second, that doesn't give them the go ahead to make this Gwen trans in their minds? no. This Gwen is likely trans, now. Its EXACTLY the kind of shit they do. btw, Dumbledore is gay. so is Iceman. robin is bi, superboy is bi, all of the batgirls are bi. Batman also kissed a man or 6.

Jason Latour and Robbi Rodriquez created her. Jason iirc is a pretty normal dude. Robbi however is a lunatic. He's had a number of drama llama issues. one was being pissed at Cho, for drawing a sexy cake spidergwen. Robbit feels like Gwen is his daughter. another is sexual harrasment.
some samples, although, not of him being crazy. just... being a dangerhair, living in portland.

her colors are pink and blue due to "bisexual lighting" most likely.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This movie was fucking fantastic. Every bit as good as the 1st and it might even surpass it.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I felt that her universe had a new retro vibe and this is why she was using those colours. I might be wrong.

Fucker

Log Wizard

A bunch of grown men pretending to be women, now openly lusting to be a 12 year old girl.

It just never ends.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
I was looking into this movie because my son wants to see it. In addition to the BLM stickers and trans debate, someone pointed out this. Practically hidden but do they have to put this shit in there?

In the end, fuck em. I told my wife I wouldn’t spend money on it.

1687051037947.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Inque

FunEmployed
Knowing someone who worked on the lighting and VFX for this movie, the artists decided to put that in there without permission. Sony was unaware until the last minute and had no choice but to let it stay due to the scheduling and work required to remove it. Nobody was happy about it, as I understand, so I don't fault Sony on this one, I fault shitty artists who decided to put politics like that in as a Fuck You to people. Artists hide stuff all the time, but they knew what they were pushing on this one. Pretty sure a couple heads rolled as a result.