Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019)

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm gonna go with the already mentioned notion that Mysterio created the very threats he is fighting against in this trailer, and is simply trying to convince the people of this Earth that he's a good guy by making himself a false hero. Spider-man will uncover said ploy, and now Spider-man must die.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

That actually looks really good. I like how they are using the multi-verse travel bullshit to further the story and explain itself. Could be interesting. Also seems like they are going full Iron-Spider for Tony's replacement, which given Parker is also a kind of genius in his own right might work out really well.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Isn't mysterio supposed to be the villain?

In the Comics Mysterio was always one of the more sympathetic villains. He was a wizard in his work (Special effects) but his bosses/industry fucked him over. He realizes he knows enough to commit some crimes to fund his (I think) super hero career and make it look like he's a hero trying to stop them. So people in this thread I think are pretty spot on in terms of how it will go down.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
That actually looks really good. I like how they are using the multi-verse travel bullshit to further the story and explain itself. Could be interesting. Also seems like they are going full Iron-Spider for Tony's replacement, which given Parker is also a kind of genius in his own right might work out really well.

My early, most likely wrong guess is that Mysterio isn't from another dimension and is just lying to everyone.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
looked decent, though after all the unimaginable things Peter has seen, he probably feels really jaded about the whole stopping muggers thing back in NYC.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
My early, most likely wrong guess is that Mysterio isn't from another dimension and is just lying to everyone.
This and then in the post credits scene we are shown someone actually coming in from another dimension!

Could be a way to introduce a few new characters but I think it might be too much on top of all this time travel shenanigans of endgame.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i actually hope they go full bore an this alternate timeline/dimension stuff. you could have some movies focus on some goofy "what if's" that comics do all the time. have the next phase be all about random rifts opening up, bringing in alternate characters, or pulling some of the main characters into alternate worlds (battleworld?), then have the living tribunal show up and be like, bros, you gotta help me, bros, everything's colliding! then they do some superhero stuff and fix everything. but not before the x-men show up

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

My only worry is that they get to big in their britches at Sony and start pulling power moves with Spider-Man. Far From Home is the last movie Holland and Marvel are set for. So there has to be some big negotiations in the background.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
He had so many appearances, but only two solo films. Still think he has one or two more where he's not the title character. Sony could pull a Universal, but I'm pretty sure they're less daft when it comes to making easy money by extending their contract with Marvel. They could of course get greedy, but it's between making money and not, they tend to er on making money. Unlike Universal who are just inept when staring $1b movies in the face...

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
"Bitch, you've been to space."

Funny line, and rather Jacksony, but it's not really _Fury_like, is it?

Are Fury and Hill fake here? Is Peter pulling the sunglasses off after his They Live moment?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
He had so many appearances, but only two solo films. Still think he has one or two more where he's not the title character. Sony could pull a Universal, but I'm pretty sure they're less daft when it comes to making easy money by extending their contract with Marvel. They could of course get greedy, but it's between making money and not, they tend to er on making money. Unlike Universal who are just inept when staring $1b movies in the face...

Looking it up he has one more appearance on his MCU contract. So I guess we'll see what happens. I assume that will be Spidey 3.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
"Bitch, you've been to space."

Funny line, and rather Jacksony, but it's not really _Fury_like, is it?

Are Fury and Hill fake here? Is Peter pulling the sunglasses off after his They Live moment?
Sam Jackson now defines what Fury is. Not the other way around. And even his black comic persona was created with Sam Jackson's personality in mind. So, yeah, it fits.

I'm also very curious to know what he sees when he put on those Ironman frames...possibly a Tony Stark AI?

Edit...
FB_IMG_1557194069960.jpg

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Sam Jackson now defines what Fury is. Not the other way around. And even his black comic persona was created with Sam Jackson's personality in mind. So, yeah, it fits.

I'm also very curious to know what he sees when he put on those Ironman frames...possibly a Tony Stark AI?

Edit...
View attachment 206506
He probably gets given Friday or it's a similar device for his suits AI Karen.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
One other thing. Good to see Favreau getting some more Happy Hogan time.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
My only worry is that they get to big in their britches at Sony and start pulling power moves with Spider-Man. Far From Home is the last movie Holland and Marvel are set for. So there has to be some big negotiations in the background.

Sony is not dumb. They have their wagon hooked to the MCU gravy train and aren't about to endanger that sort of lucre flowing their way. Disney is in the driver's seat here from a revenue point of view but they really need Spiderman to flesh out the narrative portion now that Iron Man and Cap are out of the picture.

Both sides want this to happen, you have to believe it will as there would be hell to pay on both sides if it didn't.

spronk

FPS noob
get a free digital copy of Spider Man Homecoming go to

register, then choose two 9.75oz doritos bags, and use the following codes for both 1 and 2

9 digit code 112211937
5 digit code 64225

(enter the same numbers for bags 1 and 2).

You'll get a code for moviesanywhere after 15-20 mins, until they run out

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
early reviews started coming out today, unanimously extremely positive from everything I have seen.