Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If turning this

maryjanewatson-comic-window-spidey.jpg

into a dumpy looking mudskin isn't SJW then I don't know what is.
YVtwZQw.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Mysterio looking all kinds of badass.... clearly its all a trick.

was it telegraphed that badly? or is it that we already know mysterio is a villian? i mean this is basically the exact same as his origin in the comics and he only said one line.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Because its Mysterio and that's his thing?

He has been 100% darker lately in the comics. murderous, and his are illusions are 100% deadly. So, "not real" doesn't mean shit when it still kills you. full on antagonist to Spiderman, not just incidental criminal with Spiderman getting in the way.
He was also involved with bringing Miles to 616 universe, being the one that opened the portal between the universes.

j00t

that's my question though. for me, it seemed over the top obvious that mysterio is basically pulling a syndrome from incredibles. creating all these monsters and then fighting them so he looks like a hero. however, i know that that's his schtick. for people who have never heard of mysterio, will they ALSO think that it's obvious that he's doing that?

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Will be hard to beat Keaton for a villain but hope it can at least be on par with Spiderverse which I'm not sure it can be after how good that film was.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
As someone who was never really a comic reader I'm not sure why I'm supposed to be excited for this. We have all the superheroes in the extended universe fighting cosmic or close to cosmic superpowers and then we go back to a spider man standalone and it just feels kinda meh.

Maybe I'm just not all that interested in superhero movies at this point. There have been a lot...

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Am I crazy or did Aunt May not know he was Spider-man in the first one?

j00t

last i heard it takes place like, the day after avengers. no one has given any information on how that's possible, obviously, but there's been a few official-ish places that have stated that.

i'm having sort of a hard time being excited for this as well. i don't have the characters or the world, but i think it's time to start making the MCU much more loosely connected. they should still be in the same universe, but it's hard to have some rando mob boss mean anything when the hero just beat Cosmic Entity the Destroyer last week.