Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The Asian principal was indeed the descendant of one of the Howling Commandos.

So someone please tell me why everyone is so excited that Miles Morales might appear in the future. I never read a single one of his comics so I don't know much of anything about him. And I don't care one bit that he's black/Mexican or whatever mix, I just care that he's not my fucking Spider-Man. This version is brand new (and I fucking love him way more than the previous ones) and I'm judging it as if the other ones never existed, so there's no way I want the current Spider-Man to go away for at least 6 movies, or even share the spotlight with Miles. It is one thing if someone like Cap retires and Falcon or Winter Soldier take over, that's an established character we already know stepping in and taking a role.

I get the impression that Miles was vastly more well-received than bullshit like the black chick Iron Man, so obviously there is something good about him, but to me it is along the same lines as that, changing a character just to "diversify" the lineup. I might change my mind of course, but right now I want to see a TON of movies with Tom Holland still, and even if Miles only co-stars I don't know that I'm really on board with that. But can someone please explain to me why it is so "cool" that he might show up? I really don't get it. It's like having a Batman movie to start a new series and everyone being already excited for one of the Robin's or Nightwing's or whatever take over for him. I just don't get it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
NFC who Mike Morales is, but with his connection to Donald Glover's character and the chance for more Donald Glover... $$$$

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't get the complaints about the action. The final battle on the plane was kind of dark/blurry and had tons of quick cuts, but I thought every other action scene was fantastic. We got to see plenty of Spiderman flipping around, shooting webs, punching guys, etc. Lots of great, clear shots throughout the movie.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I saw this last night, fun movie, highly entertaining. Tom Holland is both the best Peter Parker and the best Spider-Man.

While I don't really have any complaints, the movie was mid-tier for me.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
Agreed on that, Holland definitely cemented himself as THE Spider-Man/Peter actor with this movie. I had high expectations after Civil War, and they were met and then some.

I just chortle every time I think about Sony's casting choice on Jean Ralphio (who is now apparently gay-but-not-gay?). Hahahahaha~

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Didn't think this was amazing, but thought it was worth the $$. Thought the kid was great, Happy was a great play off the kid, and the villain excellent. It dragged in a few places, and the ham-fisted multi cultural high school shit was over top, but overall it was a good Spiderman movie and a good addition to the MCU. I enjoyed the easter eggs quite a bit, and wasn't expecting a lot of them so that helped.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't think this was amazing, but thought it was worth the $$. Thought the kid was great, Happy was a great play off the kid, and the villain excellent. It dragged in a few places, and the ham-fisted multi cultural high school shit was over top, but overall it was a good Spiderman movie and a good addition to the MCU. I enjoyed the easter eggs quite a bit, and wasn't expecting a lot of them so that helped.
Over the top multi cultural highschool shit? Have you ever been to a high school in NYC or seen the community makeup for Queens? It ain't 1960s NYC or Minnesota. It was pretty god damn accurate.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Agreed on that, Holland definitely cemented himself as THE Spider-Man/Peter actor with this movie. I had high expectations after Civil War, and they were met and then some.

I just chortle every time I think about Sony's casting choice on Jean Ralphio (who is now apparently gay-but-not-gay?). Hahahahaha~
Were getting pretty carried away here. He has to create a better Spiderman movie than Spiderman 2 before he can claim that mantle, and prove that he can carry a movie without help from Tony Stark.

McCheese

I know others have already mentioned it, but I thought Keaton was AMAZING as the villain here. I love how they made him morally gray, but he was still extremely menacing. He's up there with Loki as the best MCU villain, and easily blows away any of the others they've had.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
DId we figure out why:

Shocker was waiting for Pete outside the school even though he went in? And how did he get there so fast? Peter asked him why he was there and he said "I guess you'll never know". Did they elaborate on that or we just to assume Vulture sent him to fuck him up anyway?

McCheese

I think we were meant to assume that Toomes suspected Parker wouldn't be able to stay away, so he had Shocker waiting outside just in case. I doubt there was anything more to it than that.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
In regards to the High School thing. Mid town tech comes off as a private school. Whites make up around 50% of the population in Queens. However in NY whites are 16 to 20% over represented in private schools. So right around 7 of 10 kids should be white. Now i don't have 100% recall but his "academic team" was predominantly minority as well as those he interacted with.

I don't really care either way but it was obvious they were SJW'ing / Diversity'ing intentionally. I think when its so in your face like that you just notice and it does take some people out of the movie for a bit.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
In regards to the High School thing. Mid town tech comes off as a private school. Whites make up around 50% of the population in Queens. However in NY whites are 16 to 20% over represented in private schools. So right around 7 of 10 kids should be white. Now i don't have 100% recall but his "academic team" was predominantly minority as well as those he interacted with.

I don't really care either way but it was obvious they were SJW'ing / Diversity'ing intentionally. I think when its so in your face like that you just notice and it does take some people out of the movie for a bit.
If whites are over represented in private schools, they must be under represented in public schools. So if it's a public school it's fine!

How is Peter orphan Parker going to private school? Did his dad get killed working for oscorp and Norman Osborne is a mysterious benefactor paying?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

The "Tech" schools I can google up all identify themselves on their websites as public schools, FYI.

And "Queens" is not as varied as you might think if you've not visited it. Kosher and Halal neighborhoods are nearly 100% of what they are, depending where the school actually landed on the map the few blocks away that they'd have kids from could vary a TON based on just being a few blocks one direction or another.

Map of New York City’s ethnic neighborhoods - Map - NYTimes.com

So depending on what "midtown" actually is...

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
Were getting pretty carried away here. He has to create a better Spiderman movie than Spiderman 2 before he can claim that mantle, and prove that he can carry a movie without help from Tony Stark.

Or let's just understand what's being said. I wasn't aware Holland wrote, directed, produced, AND main-role acted in this film. That's fucking impressive.

I just said he's far and away the best cast for Spider-Man yet, agreeing with a poster above me.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Or let's just understand what's being said. I wasn't aware Holland wrote, directed, produced, AND main-role acted in this film. That's fucking impressive.

I just said he's far and away the best cast for Spider-Man yet, agreeing with a poster above me.
bro, don't play yourself. we know you're gay for Tom Holland. here you are swooning over him:

Haha wtf. No homo, but that was pretty amazing. I think 95% of guys trying to pull that off, it'd look pretty gay. Holland just seems like a badass instead.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Spider-man 2 had toby mcbitchface and that red head cunt in it thus it's demonstrably worse than Spiderman: Homecoming

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Spider-man 2 had toby mcbitchface and that red head cunt in it thus it's demonstrably worse than Spiderman: Homecoming
Spiderman 2 is one of the definitive comic book movie experiences and by some act of God they managed to pull this off in fucking 2004. It covers everything, hilarious jokes, teenage angst, the sorrow you feel when grandma can't make her mortgage payments, betrayal of best friends, and the best action sequence to ever make it into a comic film. I understand that you can't interpret most of those emotions since you're on the spectrum, so let the pros do it for you.

Perspective | All six Spider-Man movies, ranked from best to worst

This Is the Definitive Ranking of Every Single Spider-Man Movie

Spider-Man Movies Ranked — From Worst to Best

Every Spider-Man Movie Ranked Worst To Best

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...movies-including-homecoming-ranked/103450516/