Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Imax tickets are now available on Fandango for opening night (Thursday, July 6th) at most theaters. So check it out. My theater has them listed, but the seating chart doesn't show up, so I can't actually select a seat & buy them yet. Good stuff.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
would rather wait to see some reviews before i commit to opening night

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Sony marketing? Did they give people the wrong impression or something? I've only ever watched the first and (too informative) 2nd trailer, so I don't know what's up.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Michael Keaton looked good in the trailers, was pretty sure he'd nail his character. Excited for it.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw it last night. 6.5/10, wouldn't rush to watch again.

Michael Keaton was a decent enough villain but the ending was just a bit meh.

Probably going to sound sad here but the most exciting part for me was the opening credits. Gave me a real sense of the creation of the Marvel universe.

• 1Picard

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
^ SJW whining at its finest.

Some people have shitty opinions, it is true. But when a huge group has shitty, illogical opinions based entirely upon feels-data that doesn't match up with actual reality? People refer to them as SJWs. Like that broad up there. And you =/

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1SJW
Reactions: 7 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I can't believe there are still behind-the-moon-Trumptards that think SJW is an insult in 2017.

You're one of the sensitive Rednecks who got triggered by tweets of the Declaration of Independence too?
No idea what tweeting the Declaration of Independence has to do with anything?
why would anyone be upset about them posting that? Oh yeah the SJWs were, dont wont to be oppressed of something I guess
And yeah, in 2017 SJW is about the worst insult there is.

• 1Solidarity

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I can't believe there are still behind-the-moon-Trumptards that think SJW is an insult in 2017.

You're one of the sensitive Rednecks who got triggered by tweets of the Declaration of Independence too?

It's the CURRENT YEAR everyone! That's why it shouldn't be done. CURRENT YEAR! Lets hurry and get the rest of your cult's incredulous phrases out of the way, like "I can't even right now", "Wow, like wow!", so you can visualize your imaginary jazz hands at how enlightened you are that such things don't even enter your mind. Then I can call you a fucking moron.

How is that, timeless enough for you?

Last edited:
  • 7Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Saw it last night. 6.5/10, wouldn't rush to watch again.

Michael Keaton was a decent enough villain but the ending was just a bit meh.

Probably going to sound sad here but the most exciting part for me was the opening credits. Gave me a real sense of the creation of the Marvel universe.
Well that's disappointing, guess they'll never top Spiderman 2.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
If I've learned anything from ~18 years of these forums, it's that the movie reviews *overall* tend to be spot on. Additionally, the first one to come in early -- especially from some rando with 1 lifetime post -- is usually off-base (and probably European to boot, so what the fuck do they know?), so I'm not worried yet.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Just saw it, definitely one of the weaker Marvel films and disappointing because Spiderman is one of their top assets - it's not like he is a Dr Strange or Ant-Man level character.

Action scenes were dull.

Best bit was the beginning introduction scene to Peter

• 1Picard

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

This is awesome. Your post reads exactly like someone making a parody of what a SJW would say. "Its <current year>!"

I'm gonna deduct 1 VSP for failing to use the phrase "you're a white male", and 1 VSP for failing to use racist/sexist/homophobic/cisnormative. But otherwise this was a really solid effort and I award you 8 VSPs.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oh by the way, the cast is +10 diversity

I was reading one of the rotten reviews for it and they mentioned the diverse cast but still weren't happy.

While I am glad that almost every nationality that comes to mind appeared in the film, it doesn’t dismiss the fact that their characters all lacked development. To be honest, all the high school characters are either one-dimensional or a stereotype

He apparently wanted this film to be 10 hours long to give enough screen time to develop every fucking character in the movie.