Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
from what i understand, he might still be spider-man... just spider-man won't be apart of any more mcu movies.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

Tom Holland says “What people will be really surprised about is that it’s not fun, It’s dark and it’s sad, and it’s going to be really affecting.”

"You’re going to see characters that you love go through things that you would never wish for them to go through. And I was just really excited to kind of lean into that side of Peter Parker."

"Peter Parker is always someone who’s looking up. He’s always really positive. He’s always like, ‘I can fix this. I can do this.’ Whereas in this film, he feels like he’s met his match. He’s like, ‘I don’t know what to do.’ That was an aspect of the character that I’d never seen before, and I was really, really excited to try to tackle.”

“I really don’t think fans are at all ready for what they’ve put together. I know that I’m not ready, and I know that it’s going to be brutal.”

"It's the best Spider-Man film that we’ve ever made.”

• 1Let's Go
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm lost on this. Thought it was going to be the Sinister Six but I only see four villains.

Thought Mysterio could be imitating Strange but then discounted it as he's from this dimension (the others are all from separate ones) and he pretty much died in ours anyway. No sign of Vulture either.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'm lost on this. Thought it was going to be the Sinister Six but I only see four villains.

Thought Mysterio could be imitating Strange but then discounted it as he's from this dimension (the others are all from separate ones) and he pretty much died in ours anyway. No sign of Vulture either.
There's 5 in the trailer. Electro, Doc Oc, Sandman, Hobgoblin and the Lizard. Unless there is a Mysterio variant doing shit behind the scenes, I doubt it's him.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There's 5 in the trailer. Electro, Doc Oc, Sandman, Hobgoblin and the Lizard. Unless there is a Mysterio variant doing shit behind the scenes, I doubt it's him.
so thats 3 from Tobey and 2 from Garfield. none from this unverse return? i think there is room for a surprise villain like Venom since the Spideyverse and the Venomverse is probably a full plate of movies, it would be silly not to have them crossover and so this Spiderman gets at least one new villain. they will probably hint at it in the next trailer.

joz123

Potato del Grande
so thats 3 from Tobey and 2 from Garfield. none from this unverse return? i think there is room for a surprise villain like Venom since the Spideyverse and the Venomverse is probably a full plate of movies, it would be silly not to have them crossover and so this Spiderman gets at least one new villain. they will probably hint at it in the next trailer.
Vulture and Scorpion are in jail but Vulture is supposed to be in Morbius. Rhino was briefly in the final scene of Amazing Spider-Man 2 and could make an appearance. Since Mysterio is supposed to be dead that leaves either Venom or someone new to show up at the end I bet.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Strange is doing too much magic properly including punching Peter out of his body to be a fake. Mysterious or Chameleon could never pull that off and I doubt they introduce a new character in this yet. Maybe strange just lost his skill after the snap and has to regain his mojo in this.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Strange is doing too much magic properly including punching Peter out of his body to be a fake. Mysterious or Chameleon could never pull that off and I doubt they introduce a new character in this yet. Maybe strange just lost his skill after the snap and has to regain his mojo in this.
they still need to tie into the next MCU film Dr Strange 2 by the end of this movie. cant just have him fix Wanda problems. i'm sure some inclusive woke villain is pulling Strange's strings .

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don't think he's going anywhere. Everyone was making a big deal about him not voice acting the new Spider-man cartoon, but that could have just been scheduling and shit. I expect at least another trilogy of movies with Holland doing college Spidey. Probably intro a replacement in that series like Miles.
He's flat out said he doesn't want to do anymore and just wants to go back to England and start living his life the way he wants to.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Holland’s current contract to play Spider-Man ended with “No Way Home,” but the actor has maintained that if Sony and Marvel Studios ask him to re-up as the character for more films, he’s more than happy to oblige. “I’ve always said to them if they want me back I’ll be there in a heartbeat,” Holland said in February. “And if they don’t [want me back], I’ll walk off into the sunset a very, very happy person because it’s been an amazing journey.”[/qupte]

Doesn't sound like someone aching to leave Spiderman, but it is relevant that his contract expires with this film.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Doesn't sound like someone aching to leave Spiderman, but it is relevant that his contract expires with this film.
Ya that sounds like every actor in a reoccurring role when their contract expires. RDJ said the same thing after Avengers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
MJ doesn't die ever. It's Gwen that does, falling off a bridge.

EDIT: Ok, I just watched the Gwen death scene linked a few posts back. Wow, that's actually my first time ever seeing it. I love Spider-Man, but never bothered to watch that movie because of how bad black electro was. I kept seeing trailers for it and just nope noped it into oblivion. I'll have to actually give it a shot.
No, no you don't have to give it a shot. It's fucking awful and the reason they stopped making Garfield Spiderman.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Ya that sounds like every actor in a reoccurring role when their contract expires. RDJ said the same thing after Avengers.

Same thing with Crhis Evans for Cap. They know they can print money and play hardball.

RDJ has made, what, 400 million off playing Stark? He is a genius taking percentages instead of a flat rate

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

What If and Loki introduce the idea of the multiverse, What If especially goes in hard on multiple Dr. Strange's. Could be that, maybe not guess we'll find out