Spider-Man

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

The Other Side of the Spider-Man Proposal Story

The article itself is anti-GG bullshit, but does contain an actual response from the girl about it:

“Basically Tyler and I had been together for over 5+ years,” says Gamble. “We started dating when I was 15 1/2 and we moved into my parents’ house together shortly after due to unforeseen circumstances. Us moving in together so young was I think really hard on our relationship. We were living like the Brady Bunch with eight people in our house.

Our relationship was great for a long time, but I started to realize about a year ago that I was not happy. I kept it going because I wanted to make it work, but he has done some things that I realized I really shouldn't have forgave him for. Our relationship had issues both mentally and physically... He never understood me unfortunately.

Even the proposal which he thought was the save all of our relationship was never the way I would have like to be proposed to. I never liked video games, but I sat through them because I loved him. Our relationship turned into a mother and son relationship where I had to remind him about things, I had to deal with his financial mistakes, his violent outbursts etc. We never did things normal couples would do like go out, dance, parties, sit under the stars.

I told him in July that he had a month to change my mind and it didn't happen, so I broke up with him. I have big prospects in life and I am a highly motivated individual, but it was extremely challenging to have to be someone else's motivation to simply get out of bed or get off of his video games. As far as his half-brother goes, Tyler had asked him to check in on me and ask me how I was doing after I broke up with him, so of course we got close. And our relationship just built from there. I did not leave Tyler for his half-brother and I have never been unfaithful to Tyler.”

She could be just as full of shit as the writer of the article though. Complete non-story either way.

Fedor

<Banned>

It’s dumb to expect video games to be responsible reflections of real life, but it is also impossible, for me at least, to not feel some ickiness about the game forcing me into cahoots with even a fictionalized version of the NYPD, an organization that routinely oppresses some of the most vulnerable residents of the city I live in.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 6 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Only gotten to play for an hour or so. Digging it so far, just need a block of time to come up that isn't interrupted.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yeah this challenge token stuff kinda bites, i guess just getting 2/3 on all of em is good enough. luckily the plat trophy only requires you get 2 stars on every type and not gold ranking. I wish the game would show how much your /played time is though, I feel like I am closing in on 30 hours so either I have spent way too much time just swinging around the city admiring shit or my sense of timing is terrible (probably the latter)

the coolest side mission so far is the one where you have to do science shit during a lightning storm, the city looks drop dead gorgeous at night with lightning skies. some of the science missions though are hilarious, the version of NYC in Spiderman's universe is like Baghdad with how much shit goes so wrong every day'

small 1.05 patch, bug fixes apparently

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
just as full of shit as the writer of the article
Yeah, that was written by good old Jef Rouner, the guy who felt sorry for an actual pedophile ("Sarah" Nyberg) on twitter and posted pictures of his 8 year old daughter to cheer him up.

That said, both the people involved in the 'proposal' seem pretty retarded and Insomniac probably wishes they'd just ignored the request after hearing how it all turned out.

-----------------------
Back on topic, I really don't get how it's even possible to gold the challenge missions. I tried one of the stealth ones (which seem like they should be the easiest) until I got it down to a specific order of taking out the dudes without needing to wait for a scan to know if it was safe, and even used the blur suit power along with tripwires to speed it up... and still came up a few hundred points short. The closest I've come to getting gold on any of them was by popping quad damage on a brawl one but also came up just barely short.

It's just weird considering how forgiving the rest of the game is overall.

Cybsled

I was watching Strippin play a few days ago and he was getting gold on the combat/stealth challenges, so it seems possible....you just need to be fast as fuck lol.

Vorph

For the stealth ones, was he using normal/perch takedowns or only web takedowns and tripwires? I feel like more than half my time is spent watching the takedown animations play out and the only way I could speed it up more would be to only use the triangle button and tripwires.

I guess it doesn't really matter, but since the token reward is 1/2/3 for bronze/silver/gold it'd make getting all the upgrades a lot simpler if I could figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm still not sure there's enough tokens if you don't gold at least a few of them. I need like 35-40 more tokens to unlock everything and I don't think I have that many left to get silver on.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that was written by good old Jef Rouner, the guy who felt sorry for an actual pedophile ("Sarah" Nyberg) on twitter and posted pictures of his 8 year old daughter to cheer him up.

That said, both the people involved in the 'proposal' seem pretty retarded and Insomniac probably wishes they'd just ignored the request after hearing how it all turned out.

-----------------------
Back on topic, I really don't get how it's even possible to gold the challenge missions. I tried one of the stealth ones (which seem like they should be the easiest) until I got it down to a specific order of taking out the dudes without needing to wait for a scan to know if it was safe, and even used the blur suit power along with tripwires to speed it up... and still came up a few hundred points short. The closest I've come to getting gold on any of them was by popping quad damage on a brawl one but also came up just barely short.

It's just weird considering how forgiving the rest of the game is overall.

Protip: Use the Ceilings. :) They never look up there.

Vorph

Not being seen isn't the problem, especially with blur from the black/green stealth suit. The problem is that the gold timer seems to be so short that you only have time to do one long sequence of web (triangle) takedowns with a tripwire here and there to take out ones that are too close together. There's no time to distract and wait for them to move around, or as far as I can tell, even to use normal/perch (square) takedowns because of their long animations.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Not being seen isn't the problem, especially with blur from the black/green stealth suit. The problem is that the gold timer seems to be so short that you only have time to do one long sequence of web (triangle) takedowns with a tripwire here and there to take out ones that are too close together. There's no time to distract and wait for them to move around, or as far as I can tell, even to use normal/perch (square) takedowns because of their long animations.

Oh ok gotchya. I am confused then on these. Which missions? I'll try a few tonight.

Vorph

Taskmaster challenges. I've written off the bomb and drone ones completely, but the brawl/stealth ones might be doable for an extra 3 medals each.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
yeah this challenge token stuff kinda bites, i guess just getting 2/3 on all of em is good enough. luckily the plat trophy only requires you get 2 stars on every type and not gold ranking. I wish the game would show how much your /played time is though, I feel like I am closing in on 30 hours so either I have spent way too much time just swinging around the city admiring shit or my sense of timing is terrible (probably the latter)

the coolest side mission so far is the one where you have to do science shit during a lightning storm, the city looks drop dead gorgeous at night with lightning skies. some of the science missions though are hilarious, the version of NYC in Spiderman's universe is like Baghdad with how much shit goes so wrong every day'

small 1.05 patch, bug fixes apparently

To get the plat, just save your challenge tokens, do a manual save, buy all the suits. get the trophy, load manual save, buy all the other gadgets you need with challenge tokens, then revert back again to the manual save. then buy what ever combo of suits/gadgets you want as you already have the trophies.

This game is amazing, I am having a lot of fun, a few bugs here (mosty with sound and voice acting) but I would highly recommend it even if you just swing around New York.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Gave in and bought the game plus dlc. Hoping it is done downloading while I'm at my kids track meet so we can try it out before their bedtime.