Sports Entertainment

Chris

Potato del Grande
Stomping Grounds has been pretty good so far, just got a new US champ.
Was surprisingly passable given the shitty build.

I like Lacey Evans but she needs to go beat up the midcard now before having another go at Becky in many months time, she had a good rookie attempt and now she needs to gain experience storyline wise.

Baron Corbin needs to just go away. Seems like there's going to be a mixed gender tag for the titles though.

Bailey is boring. Alexa should have won.

Kofi is getting stale for me, he needs to be in a stable vs stable storyline really. They have Bulet Club right there and he'd be a better fit for the Shane McMahon shite too.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Evans has real heat and they will keep going with her until she doesn't...and they are going to ride mixed tag matches with her and Corbin and Seth/Becky until they can't soak another dime from it.

Corbin is great, I've always been a fan of him. Big dude, moves fast, again, real heat. He's legit fun to watch for me and if he hadn't got a big head a year or two ago he would have held the title for a bit.

Bailey can be boring but I'm betting they want to make her happy and she brings in a lot of money from merch with kids. They don't want her to sit down strike like Sasha I'm betting.

I'll always be a fan of the Goddess. Period.

Kofi is starting to run its course I agree. I dont want them to split New Day so they will need to do something else to energize his run and make it more interesting. I think they really missed an oppertunity to keep him and Bryan going, fueding the Planets Champions against a group that preaches gluttony and positivity. It coulda been great.

Best think in WWE right now is Firefly Funhouse.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Was surprisingly passable given the shitty build.

I like Lacey Evans but she needs to go beat up the midcard now before having another go at Becky in many months time, she had a good rookie attempt and now she needs to gain experience storyline wise.

Baron Corbin needs to just go away. Seems like there's going to be a mixed gender tag for the titles though.

Bailey is boring. Alexa should have won.

Kofi is getting stale for me, he needs to be in a stable vs stable storyline really. They have Bulet Club right there and he'd be a better fit for the Shane McMahon shite too.

Can they do Bullett Club or does NJPW own that? I think can do “The Club”. I had always hoped for a shield vs club thing.....but nopers.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well they can't do Bullet Club even in theme anyway as it's ruthless foreign bastards (as far as I know, watched 1 NJPW show which was this month).

In WWE they are neither foreign (Irish is close enough) nor bastards, even Gallows and Anderson are goofy cartoon bullies at worst.

They would have to go in a different direction, like an invasion of Japanese style wrestlers (bring in Nakamura too), but it's too late for that.

I don't know why WWE hate stables so much given how many Sheild reunions and final matches they did.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
They have stables all the time. They are just terrible. 'member the "League of Nations" a while back? I wish i could forget...

Chris

Potato del Grande
They have stables all the time. They are just terrible. 'member the "League of Nations" a while back? I wish i could forget...
No I started watching since Wrestlemania last year. They literally haven't had any stables since then other than The Sheild's brief reunion.

By stable I mean more than two wrestlers that are doing things other than being a tag team.

Like I wouldn't count a three man tag team or your third man being a manager. You want something like Undisputed Era where they are trying to pick up every title or Bullet Club where there's loads of them.

New Day I'd count now they are defending the WWE Title while still having tag matches, they just need another group to go up against.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I just think they finally realize they have an issue with programing and with the Fox debut coming that they need to do something to ensure storylines are more engaging. Both these guys, (along with Bruce) know how to tell a story. Programming is already improved since Bruce’s return. Looking forward to seeing these guys changes too.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Reaction to AEW? Could be a very good thing
Apparently the last PPV, Raw and Smackdown had low thousands of people attending and they had to put black curtains over half the arenas to hide it.

People ain't buying tickets to see Baron Corbin and Shane McMahon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Im eager to see what they do. Its good to see them make a change.
They have such a talented roster it's frustrating how easy it would be for them to fix things.

I think they need to drop the house shows totally, I think part of the bad match quality is them having to wrestle ultra safe to have the stamina to go multiples times per week. Without house shows fans will have to travel to Raw/Smackdown/PPVs which will fix attendance. They can still do foreign tours, just film Raw/Smackdown or a PPV on tour which they do now sometimes. Like they have this Tokyo show with some new matches lined up for it but will we even get to see it?

Then they need way more tournaments and matches to make #1 contenders, too many fueds are just a random wrestler going "the writers say it's my turn now" like Balor vs Nakamura coming up. There should have been a match which Nakamura won to have that position, they had some awesome matches on Smackdown last year doo g things like that. Samoa Joe randomly deciding to kill Kofi is fine though since it fits his character.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I mean, House shows are what they make the most of their money off of, they aren't going to nix them. They sell millions in merch there each year. It would be silly to think they would stop doing them. Also, talent isn't going to want to give them up for the most part either. The more dates they do, the more they get paid.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I mean, House shows are what they make the most of their money off of, they aren't going to nix them. They sell millions in merch there each year. It would be silly to think they would stop doing them. Also, talent isn't going to want to give them up for the most part either. The more dates they do, the more they get paid.
But if you combine the audience of a tv taping and two house shows, you could make the same money. More if the product stops being shit and you can have more NJPW style matches.

I heard there was some weird thing like the wrestlers get more merch money for house shows so they want to do them and they actually lose money for WWE.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They get paid a larger percentage for house shows to encourage them to take more dates when they sign their deals, if I remember right they also get a larger cut of merch as well but I could be wrong.

And no, house shows while sometimes shaving sparse attendance, the business itself is doing well right now and frankly, House shows are loads more fun to attend than TV tapings. I'll go to the two house shows here in Michigan at smaller venues (one is an hour away and the other is 2 hours away) rather than drive to Detroit and watch there.

Also, if at any point it wasn't lucrative for them to have house shows and just do TV like you are suggesting, they would do it in a heartbeat. They are there to make money first and foremost.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well, apparently AEW is fine with chair shots to the head.

Also, these are some really good matches

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the wrestling is way above WWE wrestling. I think in a year AEW will be able to compete with WWE for the wrestling audience. Guys like Tyler Breeze need to move over because I think they would better showcase their talents in AEW.