Sports Entertainment

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

head.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
So Jericho has a match against Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom.

Tanahashi said that if he wins he will open the forbidden portal and ask for a AEW title shot.

Jericho not only accepted but said that Tony Khan OK'ed it. Nothing unusual there, AEW obviously want to work with NJPW.

The amazing thing is that NJPW then posted that this was the case on Twitter. Social media employee gone rogue, NJPW worked something out with AEW or Jericho is winning?

I assume Jericho is just winning since he's lost a few NJPW matches recently, but Tanahashi taking the AEW title off Jericho would be insane.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Or, Jericho jobs to Tanahashi, who then jobs to Jericho on an AEW ppv.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I'm curious how much longer we will have to endure Vince and his writing staff.
WWE is terrible and has been terrible since we'll before AEW came on the scene.

Also, do you think that women souls be able to attract enough of an audience to run their own indy show ala Glow. With how terribly wrecked Divas division is both creatively and quality wise, it would be a good option for the ladies.

Hosix

All labs matter!

Also, do you think that women souls be able to attract enough of an audience to run their own indy show ala Glow. With how terribly wrecked Divas division is both creatively and quality wise, it would be a good option for the ladies.

Sadly Monday night was just brutal. You would think with no MNF Vince would have a good show. Nope....that wedding bullshit. It was beyond stupid.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

WWE have the roster for an all female show and you'd imagine such a thing would be booked like NXT. Wasn't the Evolution PPV pretty good and not booked by Vince?

Two problems:

1) Do you really want to see an all male WWE show? Seeing Becky Lynch or Asuka is a welcome break between shit segments and even in the godawful Moment of Bliss you get to look at Alexa Bliss and she's an amazing promo.

2) Stephanie McMahon will be all over an all female show and she's responsible for the branding running wild on these shows, which is why is why I can't watch WWE anymore. IT'S BAWWS TIME!

• 2Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
MJF at 5 years old is not something I thought I would ever see, but here we are.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Sadly Monday night was just brutal. You would think with no MNF Vince would have a good show. Nope....that wedding bullshit. It was beyond stupid.

the real problem is, is that that shitty segment got them a fuckload of hits on youtube and social media. I think it was their second highest watched youtube video of the year with nearly 4 million views, despite coming out the 2nd to last day of the year. The 3rd hour and over run were also higher than average ratings, but a fair bit if I remember correctly. It was an absolute shitshow, and has been, but the Rusev-Lana-Lashley segments, however terrible, are getting eyeballs on the product. Which sucks.

And the worst part was the Liv Morgan - Lana lesbian angle was pitched to vince by Mandy and Sonya, who I guarantee could pull it off 1000x better, since Sonya is actually gay and they two of them are best friends and far better wrestlers than at least Lana.

And I would love to see an Evolution 2. The first one was good, second should be better.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Jericho posted a promo on Instagram overlooking the Tokyo Dome with the AEW Title.

I'm looking forward to either:
  • Tanahashi winning and getting an AEW Title shot.
  • Jericho winning and Moxley attacking him.
95% chance neither of those are happening though.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well neither of what I wanted happened, but they let him wear the AEW belt in the Tokyo Dome and beat Tanahashi in the second to last match and hold it up after.

Seems promising, did Ring of Honor ever get their title that high up the card?

• 1Like