Sports Entertainment

Chris

Potato del Grande
WWE has coated an arena in Florida with LED displays 360 degrees around the ring and is going to have a virtual crowd from Friday. I hope it looks like shit for the entertainment value!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
WWE has coated an arena in Florida with LED displays 360 degrees around the ring and is going to have a virtual crowd from Friday. I hope it looks like shit for the entertainment value!

Been watching them throw this together the past week. Looks like it has the potential to be a pretty awesome new venue. The signup for adding yourself into the virtual crowd during the live broadcast was full in under an hour. Looking forward to seeing some people breaking the rules and standing there nude. Should be fun.

Chris

Potato del Grande
That episode of Dynamite was great, they really went all out with it being on a Saturday. Was it better than NXT Takeover?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That episode of Dynamite was great, they really went all out with it being on a Saturday. Was it better than NXT Takeover?

I really liked both AEW Saturday Night and Thursday AEW Thursday. Wonder if TNT was kinda testing days for the second show? Next week it's back to Wednesday and unopposed by NXT (for the first time ever?) so it'll be interesting to see how many viewers roll in. Chomping at the bit to see them start breaking 1M.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I really liked both AEW Saturday Night and Thursday AEW Thursday. Wonder if TNT was kinda testing days for the second show? Next week it's back to Wednesday and unopposed by NXT (for the first time ever?) so it'll be interesting to see how many viewers roll in. Chomping at the bit to see them start breaking 1M.
Well sports took the wednesday slot, but trying two different days could be testing. I heard a while ago that the second show would be Saturday though.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

They are contracted for a second show. I'm not sure when it starts.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Can someone break down what happened with Hardy?

from the lip I saw they botched a fall off a scissor lift, then he stumbled around concusses and the match stopped. Now I’m seeing people say they actually restarted the match and he finished in the ring after clearly being unconscious on live TV. Anyone havevideo of the match continuing. M?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Can someone break down what happened with Hardy?

from the lip I saw they botched a fall off a scissor lift, then he stumbled around concusses and the match stopped. Now I’m seeing people say they actually restarted the match and he finished in the ring after clearly being unconscious on live TV. Anyone havevideo of the match continuing. M?
1) Botched fall from scizzor lift backstage leading to Hardy hitting his head on concrete floor and appearing to be unconscious.

2) Sammy didn't know and started trying to grapple with a dased Hardy, leading to referee telling him to stop and throwing the X sign and match bell ringing.

3) Cut to commentary not knowing what happened and discussing that the match had to be stopped for Hardy's safety.

4) Hardy suddenly reappears in the arena shouting for Sammy, match bell rings. They don't go to the ring, they climb scaffolding for the finish which is Sammy falling off the scaffold.

Apparently a doctor cleared Hardy between 3 and 4 and at the hospital Hardy was not diagnosed with concussion.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was dissapointed with All Out, I wanted more plot and character development. It's too subtle as usual.

Just got spoiled for Dynamite though and seems like they saved it all for TV.

Hosix

All labs matter!

I was a fan of The Road Warriors.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
What. The. Fuck.

P.S. I don't know how many actually follow any wrestling anymore, but I'm hooked on Jim Cornette's podcast.

So, a few weeks ago I heard about Ring of Honor going back on the air and essentially re-booting with a Pure Title tournament. I just watched a couple episodes and holy shit, it's an actual return to wrestling being presented as a sport and it is so fucking refreshing. Best of all, the replays are FREE on fite.tv.

First episode is here: ▷ ROH Wrestling: Episode #469 - Official Free Replay. Give it a shot if you want something different.