Sports Entertainment

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Great stuff.

Yeah everything Eddie does is awesome at this point. TBH I could see him potentially being the next Austin. I don't actually think that'll be the case because his physical shape just isn't up to the standards of a main eventer, but I think he'll be a Kevin Owens level guy on the periphery of the main event for a long time. And if something changes and he gets fit / perfects his look/persona, it's possible he'll surprise everyone with the levels he gets to.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
A quick reminder that Main Roster WWE had KILLER KROSS and KEITH LEE and couldn't figure out how to use them.

Chris

Potato del Grande
A quick reminder that Main Roster WWE had KILLER KROSS and KEITH LEE and couldn't figure out how to use them.
How about TONI STORM being too old (mid twenties!) and fat (butt larger than boobs) to be on TV!? She's one of the the few main roster wrestlers I've seen in person because I went to see NXT UK once and she had tons of star power and little kids dressing as her

The only explanation is that everything revolves around politicing to get the favour of a senile old man and the 100 writers, producers and agents are constantly sabotaging each other to do it with Launenitis and Dunn currently winning.

They made Keith Lee with the Survivor Series and Rumble appearances vs Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar. Just have him win the US/Intercontinental Title and wrestle his style against a bunch of people, go from there... booking isn't hard, but it seems like avoiding internal politics is hard.

They treat the wrestlers like such shit that the entire under/misused side of the roster are now huge babyfaces and people are doing nuclear pops for Ruby Riott of all people because of it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Full Gear was A+. No huge surprise debuts or shock swerves, just a bunch of extremely fun matches with something for everybody. The only weak part of the show was probably the women's title match because it was a foregone conclusion. Also had some issues getting into Lucha Bros vs. FTR but that might be a me problem. The rest of it was pretty much flawless. I feel like Darby/MJF (which was wild) left some meat on the bone for future confrontations. Likewise with Kenny/Hangman, which felt like it had quite a bit more it could have done (Kenny never hit the OWA, so the first person to kick out of it is still a mystery for a later time). Surprised Miro didn't win the #1 contender match, but it's just as well because now Hangman can have some time with the title (I think Miro is gonna murder the champion whenever he does get a shot).

Also we got Jay Lethal and Tomohiro Ishii on deck now with Kazuchika Okada on the way at some point. This is a good time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Wheres a good place to watch these vods? i had a birthday to go out to and felt real bad missing full gear and okada in amurika ;(

I also just want to hear okada's coin drop on AEW that would be so fun to see

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The one annoying thing from last night is how the Bucks/Cole just spam Super Kicks. It's pretty freaking old, and bad.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I honestly thought Miro was going to beat BD. I am not sure how they put BD vs hangman. It’s much easier build to do with Miro.

For his size Miro is very athletic and he has good mic skills.

Omega vs young bucks/AC should be good.

Needless

Toe Sucker
That was a fun watch, only two things i didn't really like was the women's match because britt baker is fucking boring and has a dumb gimmick. That belt belongs on Thunder Rosa and nobody else lol
Also if you're gonna make somebody else use the OWA, you should finish him with it, hangmans flippy larient is so unbelievably cheesy and ineffective looking

I'd put money down that he has some clause that will remain having only his golden gayboy lover kota kicking out of it until he retires kek

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I honestly thought Miro was going to beat BD. I am not sure how they put BD vs hangman. It’s much easier build to do with Miro.

For his size Miro is very athletic and he has good mic skills.

Omega vs young bucks/AC should be good.

Yeah I was about 90% sure Miro was going to win by Brock-ing BD, then something would happen to delay his title shot, then he'd finally get it and Brock Hangman on like, the Dynamite after Revolution or something (after Brocking Kip in an actual match at Revolution).

I have a tendency to script out months of storylines in my mind and then be surprised when none of it happens, but I think my ideas were good.

Very surprised BD won and I can't say Hangman/BD is as interesting. Then again BD is undefeated in AEW. Him and Omega were positioned as #1a and #1b after the Grand Slam match ended in a draw, so Hangman beating both #1a and #1b in rapid succession could do a lot to legitimize him for casual fans.

My question is who Hangman is getting at the next PPV. Maybe CM Punk?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wheres a good place to watch these vods? i had a birthday to go out to and felt real bad missing full gear and okada in amurika ;(

I also just want to hear okada's coin drop on AEW that would be so fun to see

watchwrestling.in/sports/aew/ is also a good place to watch stuff, just kill the popups quickly etc. Personally I just ordered the PPV, because $50 ain't shite and AEW really needs our support.

That was a fun watch, only two things i didn't really like was the women's match because britt baker is fucking boring and has a dumb gimmick. That belt belongs on Thunder Rosa and nobody else lol
Also if you're gonna make somebody else use the OWA, you should finish him with it, hangmans flippy larient is so unbelievably cheesy and ineffective looking

I'd put money down that he has some clause that will remain having only his golden gayboy lover kota kicking out of it until he retires kek

I was surprised they didn't do the "Hangman kicks out of OWA" thing everyone expected. Was also surprised that Hangman won with only one direct Buckshot Lariat (there was another right before it, but it was from behind so not that effective). The match reminded me of the first world title Austin/Rock match at Wrestlemania 15. They didn't kick out of each other's finishers multiple times like they did in their later matches, and IIRC the match ended with one Stunner.

So yeah, this very much felt like the first in a world title rivalry (yeah I know they wrestled a year ago but it wasn't for a title), and down the line we'll get the finisher kickouts and OWA-kickout we expected here.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Kenny's probably going to be out for a long while, he was mentioning in an interview that he's been dealing with a fucked up neck that causes him to have vertigo in the ring for the past couple years. I'd assume he would just start being a valet for awhile or something along those lines

starts at like 2:20

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully Kenny takes the much needed time off he needs. AEW can get by without him till he heals up. I really hope they continue the Punk/Kingston feud. For a feud that only had a little over a week build up, they had a ton of hype going that needs to continue. Apparently Eddie injured his shoulder so hopefully it isn't too bad.

Edit:

• 1Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Promo wise Kingston is on another level for me. He could cut a promo on a mop and a bucket of dirty water and I'd be riveted. Definitely want MOAR.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kenny's probably going to be out for a long while, he was mentioning in an interview that he's been dealing with a fucked up neck that causes him to have vertigo in the ring for the past couple years. I'd assume he would just start being a valet for awhile or something along those lines

starts at like 2:20
You should watch that chiropractor work on Miro and CJ.

• 1Truth!