Sports Entertainment

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
DB's popularity rivals Hogan's, Stone Cold's and the Rock's at their peak.
no it doesn't.... not even in the same stratosphere.

the issue here is that the "smart" fans have gotten the idea that they have control of the shows and the booking. the WWE set a terrible precedent last year when they changed course and brought in Bryan to win at Wrestlemania. the fact of the matter is Daniel Bryan has the charisma of a dead horse. the "YES" chant is what got him over with the fans and it's losing steam. the "smart" fans are a vocal minority and their actions are toxic to the product as a whole. the "smart" fans want to see Daniel Bryan be the face of the company on the account that Bryan is great from a technical standpoint and most of them have been watching him come up through the indies. however, he has none of the attributes that help the WWE draw in new fans. it's worth noting that the WWE's fanbase has a very high turnover rate. as a result, they need to constantly appeal to new fans to replenish their fan base. the average person is not going to be drawn to someone like Daniel Bryan. for one, the notion that he could pose a threat to someone like Brock Lesnar is completely laughable. more importantly, he doesn't have the personality or charisma to win over new fans to the product. factor in that Bryan is injury prone and already 33 years old and it's clear that it isn't in the WWE's best interest to try to make them the face of their product. unfortunately, the vocal minority that is the "smart" fans has grown thanks to the internet and has the ability to turn shows to shit if their favorite doesn't get booked to win on a particular night. honestly makes a wonder if there is a long term future for the WWE product.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
btw the Rumble isn't over, Curtis Axel was never eliminated.
If you don't enter the ring by the time the countdown starts for the next entrant, then you're DQ'd. I only know this because I just watched the '91 or '92 Rumble where Gorilla Monsoon explained that when the Macho King didn't show up.

Yeah, I would have been happy with just about anyone instead of Reigns winning this. I was looking at The Big Show and Kane and thinking I'd prefer either of them just because it would be unexpected. Rusev would have been fine. Wyatt would have been fine. Ziggler would have been amazing. Watching The Rock try to get his cousin over in the post-match interview was cringe-worthy. I also cringed when Cena and Rusev got into it afterwards, setting up their rivalry that will probably last until Wrestlemania. I hate when they do exactly what everyone expects them to do.

I don't need the guys I like to win all the time...that would get boring. But when there are about 20 things you can do interesting with a character like Bray Wyatt, and you continually do the same thing and don't advance his character development, that's where the problem is. When I could predict 2-3 months ago that Reigns would win the Rumble and they'd set up a Cena-Rusev feud, that's where the problem is. I want better, less predictable stories from my favorite soap opera, damn it!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sadly I saw absolutely nothing to make me interested in starting to watch wrestling regularly again.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
#CancelWWENetwork is trending at the top internationally on Twitter after the Royal Rumble PPV. That is not a good thing.

Also, after getting numerous emails from people saying that they couldn't get the WWE Network page to load so that they could cancel their account, for the last hour plus when I tried to load the page and check it out it just spins and never loads.

Andru Edwards saw posts on social media that said that if you called in to cancel they are telling you that they can't manually cancel right now due to so many people attempting to do so, and to call back tomorrow. He called the number and was told that as well.

Obviously people are very angry at how the Rumble match was booked, which is a real shame given how great the show was going before they chose to eliminate Daniel Bryan. They never got the crowd back after that and obviously many at home felt the same way.
TRENDING ON TWITTER, AND IT'S NOT GOOD FOR WWE | PWInsider.com

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I hadn't watched wrestling in over 10 years until 2014. Someone linked OSW Review on these forums and that piqued my interest slightly. I heard about Daniel Bryan being mega over so I Youtubed the match with him and the Wyatts in the cage. The crowd was out of control and it got me excited. So, I would say the heat Daniel Bryan is getting got me back into wrestling. People identify with him. That's why Stone Cold was so popular; who hasn't wanted to give their boss a Stunner? They have everyman Daniel Bryan, an incredible worker who can make anyone they put him against look good, in their lap and they can't seem to make it work. Being small, being vunerable makes it more believable when he over comes the odds. I'm disappointed. I'm interested to see how this shakes out, but a Reigns/Lesnar feud will not garner much attention. Bryan/Lesnar could have been the biggest Wrestlemania main events since Hogan/Ultimate Warrior.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm canceling my sub in protest. They buried everyone on the show, except for Reigns. I don't expect DB to win all of the time, but they made him look stupid, along with Zig. The show was so bad, that the fans were chanting, "We want Rusev" and this is a guy who rips down the US flag and mocks our soldiers. It was that bad.

Back to DB, he's said it in interviews, he's his own worst enemy when told to do things. He's does whatever he's told. If they want him to job in 18 seconds, he will. If they want him to run from Kane and act like a coward, while he's the Heavyweight Champion, he does it. He doesn't have a political bone in his body. All of the big stars have a big enough ego to walk if they don't like what's being done with their characters. I remember Stone Cold walking out the day my daughter was born.

The last two Royal Rumbles, the fans have let it be known, we want a DB push. Last year, they didn't let him participate, because they wanted to make Batista the champ. We pushed him to the championship. It will be interesting to see if we can do so again. Tonight, will the fans be chanting Bryan all night, like last year?

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
They could revisit the wonderful Wrestlemania 9 finish. Bryan could vocally support Reigns as the biggest Danimaniac out there. And when Reigns wins, he could come out, drop the immortal leg on him and take his championship away (isn't Yokozuna related to Reigns too? It all make sense).

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Raw may be canceled tonight due to the Blizzard. CT Gov has ordered a travel ban to go in effect at 9pm tonight.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hulk Hogan is someone your grandma and all her friends knew about
And The Rock is a bigger star, with all of the $500 million dollar movie franchises he's been in. And yet, The Rock got booed last night when he tried to pass the baton to his cousin, Reigns. I wish I could find a video, but WWE aggressively removes them from youtube on newer PPV's. But this guy does a good job of breaking it down.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm canceling my sub in protest. They buried everyone on the show, except for Reigns. I don't expect DB to win all of the time, but they made him look stupid, along with Zig. The show was so bad, that the fans were chanting, "We want Rusev" and this is a guy who rips down the US flag and mocks our soldiers. It was that bad.

Back to DB, he's said it in interviews, he's his own worst enemy when told to do things. He's does whatever he's told. If they want him to job in 18 seconds, he will. If they want him to run from Kane and act like a coward, while he's the Heavyweight Champion, he does it. He doesn't have a political bone in his body. All of the big stars have a big enough ego to walk if they don't like what's being done with their characters. I remember Stone Cold walking out the day my daughter was born.

The last two Royal Rumbles, the fans have let it be known, we want a DB push. Last year, they didn't let him participate, because they wanted to make Batista the champ. We pushed him to the championship. It will be interesting to see if we can do so again. Tonight, will the fans be chanting Bryan all night, like last year?
this is a load of shit. wrestling dorks like yourself see all sorts of things in Daniel Bryan that just aren't there. it was the YES chant that got over with people, not Daniel Bryan. 98% of the people doing the chant at sporting events have no idea who Daniel Bryan is. Bryan was able to leverage that into getting himself a nice run as an underdog story leading into Wrestlemania last year but now that story has been told. he is very popular with the vocal minority of wrestling nerds who care way too much about wrestling and follow all the shitty third rate wrestling promotions but it doesn't extend much beyond that. the only reason Reigns got booed last night is it was Philadelphia which is home to the largest group of wrestling nerds in the world and Bryan wrestled around here before he made it to the WWE. the amount of neckbeards i saw last night was simply off the charts. any other city would have been excited to see Reigns win and i'm sure he'll get a decent reception tonight. Cena will probably only be around full time another year or two and the WWE desperately needs to build up some young stars. Bryan is already in his mid 30's and almost sabotaged his own career by opting for some bullshit holistic treatment instead of doing what real doctors told him to. he's also an awkward nerd and not well spoken enough to do talk shows and all the PR events that John Cena and Triple H have to do. the future is with guys like Reigns and Rollins.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Royal Rumble: Daniel Bryan's elimination angers fans, overshadows wins by Roman Reigns Brock Lesnar | FOX Sports

Fox Sports reports that not even The Rock could offset the Bryan loss.

This is all mainstream coverage for WWE, but not in a good way. The stock price is all tied to how many subs there are to the WWE Network. If 100,000 people cancel, that's a million dollars a month. WWE set a goal of 1.5 million subs, they can't afford a big subscriber boycott like #CancelWWENetwork.

I encourage you, if you like wrestling and are subbing, to vote with your wallets.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I am hoping this is a story angle or something. On a lighter note, Seth Rollins' earned the award for elbow drop of the century last night.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I am hoping this is a story angle or something. On a lighter note, Seth Rollins' earned the award for elbow drop of the century last night.
It's not storyline, Vince wants to get Reigns over so bad, that he's writing his scripts for him. The only problem is, Vince is out of touch, and he's doing things like quoting Looney Tunes. They are trying so hard to make him The Rock 2.0, and it's backfiring. I expect Reigns to get booed for ahwile now. He might even have to do a heel turn like Batista did. What they did to DB isn't fair to him, and it's not fair to Reigns. He's just not ready. He's got less moves than Cena (LOL) and he still sucks on the mic. Maybe they should have The Rock write for him.

Any moron who watched wrestling last year should realize that after the Royal Rumble, DB is wrestling's biggest star, of active wrestlers. You couldn't have a match where they weren't chanting his or Punk's name. RAW would be three hours of DB chants.

What the hell were they thinking last night? We want guys who can perform in the ring, regardless of size. That little guy has a motor that can go and go and go. No one wants to see these big monsters that are stiff, slow moving and non skilled any more. We've had that since 1980.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Vince McMahon More | eWrestlingNews.com

Vince McMahon and top WWE officials were said to be "legitimately surprised" at the intensity of fan backlash at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view. WWE knew that some fans would not approve of Reigns winning instead of Daniel Bryan but didn't expect it to get that bad. The idea was to eliminate Daniel Bryan early on to give the fans a chance to "cool down" leading up to Reigns winning and The Rock coming out to "make things right."

One source said: "They panicked early, they changed a few things. Dwayne was not happy."

Yes, even The Rock was said to be surprised by the reaction. His surprise could even be seen during his in-ring segment and post-show backstage promo on the WWE Network.

Even with the #CancelWWENetwork campaign, Vince McMahon is "dead set" on sticking to Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar. WWE doesn't plan on adding Daniel Bryan to the main event again because they did it last year. Dave Meltzer added: "Vince feels that it would be a repeat and gone to the well one time too often."

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
in 1955, Lyrical's ancestors boycotted buses in Montgomery, Alabama to protest racial segregation on buses.

in 2015, Lyrical boycotts the WWE to protest his favorite wrestler not winning a fake wrestling match.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That'd make sense if Lyrical's interest in wrestling encapsulates his civic duty.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
That'd make sense if Lyrical's interest in wrestling encapsulates his civic duty.
Is Keg on here making posts directed at me? He's been on ignore for years. I think he might be gay, as he follows me around from thread to thread, humping my leg. It's really quite obsessive, and a bit creepy.

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm just not into man love any more.