Sports Entertainment

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Good write up about Reigns and what's happening now.

Injury, bad timing and WWEs Roman Reigns problem - SBNation.com
The article is spot on. The one part that it said stood out, Reigns hasn't improved much. He still has only a handful of moves: clothesline, spear, the one move where he jumps up and kicks people from the floor up to the apron, and the Superman punch. He's got less moves than Cena! They need to make him practice more in the ring, and on the mic. He's got zero charisma, and tends to stumble on any promo longer than 15 seconds. I don't care if he's The Rock's cousin or not, he's just another big guy with mediocre physical and promo skill. He only looks the part. He might end up being that guy, but he's not ready.

Compare and contrast him to Daniel Bryan:

He's technically perfect.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
But Roman Reigns will still be able to walk in 20 years. I love Daniel Bryan, but he's basically Dynamite Kid without the 'roids.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The article is spot on. The one part that it said stood out, Reigns hasn't improved much. He still has only a handful of moves: clothesline, spear, the one move where he jumps up and kicks people from the floor up to the apron, and the Superman punch. He's got less moves than Cena! They need to make him practice more in the ring, and on the mic. He's got zero charisma, and tends to stumble on any promo longer than 15 seconds. I don't care if he's The Rock's cousin or not, he's just another big guy with mediocre physical and promo skill. He only looks the part.
You just described Brock Lesnar

But Roman Reigns will still be able to walk in 20 years. I love Daniel Bryan, but he's basically Dynamite Kid without the 'roids.
This.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The WWE has told him to tone it down, but he's a wildman in the ring. Why he would do moves that have gotten other people in trouble, like the flying headbutt, I don't know. That move is credited for the downfall of Chris Benoit.

He can tone it down for sure, but it's been said, he refuses to.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Why he would do moves that have gotten other people in trouble, like the flying headbutt, I don't know. That move is credited for the downfall of Chris Benoit.
And here I thought the whole killing his wife, son and then himself is what attributed to that.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
That'd make sense if Lyrical's interest in wrestling encapsulates his civic duty.
i have a dream... i have a dream that one day every wrestling match will be won by Daniel Bryan, including but not limited to matches he isn't participating in, and all previous matches since the beginning of time will be retconned and have Daniel Bryan declared the winner.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
And here I thought the whole killing his wife, son and then himself is what attributed to that.
The flying headbutt is attributed with brain damage. When they did an autopsy, they found that parts of his brain were destroyed, and some have attributed the flying headbutt as the culprit. That is not a safe move.

Brain Physiology and the Chris Benoit Tragedy | Bleacher Report

It's the same thing with Eddie Guerrero and the frog splash. That move does almost no damage to the guy receiving it, but puts all of the impact on the user's knees and elbows. Those that know Eddie say he'd do the move, and have to load up on painkillers the next day.

Or like Hogan and the knee drop. He says he wish he could go back in time and change his finisher, because his back has had to be rebuilt numerous times from those impacts.

Guys pick finishers, and then refuse to give them up, even when there is major trauma caused by some of them.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
when it comes to reputable medical journals, I don't think it gets any better than a pro wrestling news site known as "Bleacher Report"

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
The WWE has told him to tone it down, but he's a wildman in the ring. Why he would do moves that have gotten other people in trouble, like the flying headbutt, I don't know. That move is credited for the downfall of Chris Benoit.

He can tone it down for sure, but it's been said, he refuses to.
Yeah, I really wish he'd get rid of that headbutt from his moveset. There's no need for it apart from him thinking he needs a top rope move to show some "high-flying".

Bryan and Punk were the only people to keep me interested in wrestling for the last few years but I think that's because after 30+ years watching the sport I appreciate skill, ability and technique more than anything. It's impossible for me to get caught up in booing or disliking someone because they're the "bad guy" if they are keeping me entertained and doing some of the best work. Take the title match last night, I was pulling for Rollins because he's been going out there every night and busting his ass to get past the shitty creative, and how weak it makes him look, and it's time he and some of the others like DB, Ambrose, Wyatt, Cesaro are given a fucking chance while there is a need for a new youth movement to get experience at the top before guy like Taker, Orton, Cena etc either retire or go part-time.

If we consider Taker is gone next year (would expect him to go in HoF night before and wrestle for the last time the next night), Cena and Orton have to be getting close to looking at a lighter schedule, Brock likely gone after WM this year then who really is ready for the top or been given the chance to get experience to take the role

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
someone ask Lyrical if he thinks Chris Benoit should be inducted into the WWE hall of fame.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
It'll be ok wrestlebros, Seth Rollins will probably walk out of wrestlemania with the belt.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
It'll be ok wrestlebros, Seth Rollins will probably walk out of wrestlemania with the belt.
Yeah, but he needs to win it without using the case after Lesnar-Reigns have killed each other (though I can see some mileage in Reigns beating the One in 21-1 and then getting screwed by Rollins) and without help from JJ Security or the Authority. Vince seems to love having his heel champs be weak for some reason but to me it just means that when they lose there was no real challenge for the face to overcome, he could have the heels be strong and still cheat to show they're bad and then there is always doubt if the face will be able to overcome (unless it's SuperCena of course)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So was Raw cancelled? Cause when I tuned in to a stream they're just showing the Royal Rumble.

*edit*

nm 5 seconds google searching confirms it's cancelled.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
They're going to interview Brock and show the Rumble match. I want to see if they leave in the boos.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Prediction: DB will be added to the Heavyweight Championship at this year's Wrestlemania. They've had too many cancelations over the WWE network and the fan outcry got their attention when The Rock got booed.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Prediction: DB will be added to the Heavyweight Championship at this year's Wrestlemania. They've had too many cancelations over the WWE network and the fan outcry got their attention when The Rock got booed.
And they'll do that tonight, by the end of this RAW.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Turned wrestling on tonight for the first time in a long time. This Seth Rollins guy was pretty damn good. Is that Curb Stomp shit his finisher though? Fucking sad. He could be the next Edge type guy with the right pushes.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
It only became his finishing move when he made the Heel turn. Just a dick move for him to use.

So they're basically admitting Royal Rumble was a complete failure and are giving it away for free tonight? lol